Change Mode

Embarrassed to ask

When I run a program like 'Internet Eraser', it erases all the symbols next to the web sites listed in the favourites column. Is there a way to prevent this? :blushing:

I use ccleaner and I have the option to erase what I want to just buy checking or unchecking what I want to erase. I don't know internet eraser but I would think that it has options to what you want to erase.

that happens anytime ya clear internet cache, an cookies. favOrg" program use to only work with dial up connections, as I tried 4 years ago when I got broadband, wouldnt work. also may not work on xp I doubt that they upgraded FavOrg for broadband, since program is 6 years old :)

Or you can do it yourself, no need for a third party app.

All I do when I add a site that has its own icon is to go to the TempInternet folder and locate the favicon, then copy and paste it to another folder (rename it as well or you will end up with a bunch of litlle ico files called favicon1, favicon2, etc). Then go back to Favorites, select proerties and Customize and Change Icon for the link, and then just point it to the saved copy of the icon. Then it is just a simple matter of backing up the file (along with Favorites), in case of a re and re of Windows.

Or you can do it yourself, no need for a third party app.

All I do when I add a site that has its own icon is to go to the TempInternet folder and locate the favicon, then copy and paste it to another folder (rename it as well or you will end up with a bunch of litlle ico files called favicon1, favicon2, etc). Then go back to Favorites, select proerties and Customize and Change Icon for the link, and then just point it to the saved copy of the icon. Then it is just a simple matter of backing up the file (along with Favorites), in case of a re and re of Windows.

Thanks. I'll give it a try. :adios: