BFG GeForce 7600 GT OC PCI-E 256MB

if you are at 1024x768 (like mee) than a crazy video card is a waste.

I use a X800GTO and at max settings its fine. My video card was only $135 US.

I really want a 7900 but at my resolution it would be a waste.

if you are at 1024x768 (like mee) than a crazy video card is a waste.

I use a X800GTO and at max settings its fine. My video card was only $135 US.

I really want a 7900 but at my resolution it would be a waste.

that's the reason i upgraded to a newer monitor,and i play game's at 16x12. plus the 2 7900gt's i am getting should work out nice.

that's the reason i upgraded to a newer monitor,and i play game's at 16x12. plus the 2 7900gt's i am getting should work out nice.

That must be so nice. what is the difference between 1024x768 and 1600x1200 in game play?

do the games look a lot different?

Hey miggs, it pays to shop around,

http://www.anitec.ca/product/5824/evga_e_g...mb_pci_express/

And a good place to start with the looking,

http://www.pricenetwork.ca/index.php

That's kind of expensive for a 7600.

Don't forget that that is in Canadian funds. That and we always seem to get shafted on new products.

yeah,

I was thinking of just getting the 6800GS SLI edition, but the OC'ed one. I am not much of a gammer, and I don't wanna throw much on something I don't need.

Thanks

yeah,

I was thinking of just getting the 6800GS SLI edition, but the OC'ed one. I am not much of a gammer, and I don't wanna throw much on something I don't need.

Thanks

You don't need to be a gamer in order to appreciate a good card. Because of it's lifetime warranty it will negate the need to buy a new one years down the road.

-=V=-

At high resolutions 1920x1200 you dont need AA but Af still helps alot. I run world of warcraft at that resolutions 0aa 4af on a 800xl. You dont need to spend that much if your not much of a gamer.

well I mean its not that I don't play games at all.

I do play games like delta force black hawk down, Microsoft Freelancer, Need for speed: Most wanted, cricket 2005, nba live 2006. So what card do you suggest for that.

http://search.ncix.com/displayproductdetai...anufacture=EVGA

I was looking at this one, but then I was also thinking, lot of ppl here are saying its not worth it buying spending that much, so maybe the 6600GT works too.

what do you suggest plz, keeping in mind, I play games like delta force black hawk down, Microsoft Freelancer, Need for speed: Most wanted, cricket 2005, nba live 2006

Thanks for all the help so far :)

well I mean its not that I don't play games at all.

I do play games like delta force black hawk down, Microsoft Freelancer, Need for speed: Most wanted, cricket 2005, nba live 2006. So what card do you suggest for that.

http://search.ncix.com/displayproductdetai...anufacture=EVGA

I was looking at this one, but then I was also thinking, lot of ppl here are saying its not worth it buying spending that much, so maybe the 6600GT works too.

what do you suggest plz, keeping in mind, I play games like delta force black hawk down, Microsoft Freelancer, Need for speed: Most wanted, cricket 2005, nba live 2006

Thanks for all the help so far :)

Hi again,

everybody has their own opinions. But if you only play at 1024x768 than a expensive(more than $200) video card is not necessary.

A mid level like X800 X850 plain6800 or the 7600 will be fine. I play need for speed most wanted at max settings with my x800 gto.

Especially since soon there will be a new generation of stuff to wish for. :mrgreen:

Hi again,

everybody has their own opinions. But if you only play at 1024x768 than a expensive(more than $200) video card is not necessary.

A mid level like X800 X850 plain6800 or the 7600 will be fine. I play need for speed most wanted at max settings with my x800 gto.

Especially since soon there will be a new generation of stuff to wish for. :mrgreen:

yes lol, hey markkleb, nice to see ya again (AGAIN ??, what the hell its him again ??, lol no not again. OOHHH, what did I just write, sorry, just kidding :P:lol: ). and offcourse nice to meet you too :P

yes man, right now I have an LG 17" CRT monitor (flat-screen), but I might be going for a 21" or maybe just a 19" pure flat pannel monitor. NCIX having some awesome deals.

Thanks

Miggs, if you want high performance for a decent price, get the 7600GT. It easily outperforms the 6800GS, and it's around the same price.

People keep making recommendations, but you always start up a new thread asking what you should get. Make a choice and stick with it, the 6800GS and 7600GT are both great cards for PCI Express, but the 7600 performs better.

hey brandon,

thanks once again. man do you know alot about vid cards or is it just my imagination lol.

thanks alot, I was thinking of the 7600GT as my thread said, just wasn't sure, and I would rather get it now, than paying more and getting it later, when the sale finishes. And man, I know new things coming out year after year after year. I anyways need something now, coz' I can't run a board without buying a vid card, I do have an AGP one, but, my board is PCI-E (new one). So pay little more than getting in 1 yr later, I am not ready no keep on upgrading year after year after year, I know the price of this 7600GT is gonna be half the price from now next yr, but rather get something now, coz' I need it, I know I want it too, but I also need it, to run my board.

Sorry if you don't get my theory and story, if you did, thanks, if you didn't, Ignore it.

Hey brandon one more favor, could you pick me a 7600Gt card from here, that supports SLI, If I decide to buy another one (you never stop playing games lol :lol: )

http://search.ncix.com/search.php?q=7600+G...m=0&p=1&s=0&a=0 One favor plz plz :rolleyes: , pick one that you think is really worth a price that should suite one that doesn't

play very high-end games, and offcourse SLI ready. Sorry, or if you want just pick any

Brandon, once more, thank you very very much :tup::salute:

Thanks, Miggs B)

Sorry I know my name isant Brandon, But I would go with the less expensive one (still sli). The clock speeds are all pretty close.

The only problem is they are all 128bit.

What I dont understand is why the x800 cards are SO EXPENSIVE(one was $485) in Canada. Whatever u choose have fun.

Edited by markkleb

http://search.ncix.com/displayproductdetai...anufacture=eVGA

Fast, and $40 cheaper than the next least expensive one. I see an SLI connector on it too. But, it doesn't mention SLI support, so go with this one: http://search.ncix.com/displayproductdetai...%20Technologies

The 7600GT has a peak pixel fillrate of 8 gigapixels/sec, which is around the same as the X850XT PE, but it's more efficient than the X850XT PE, so it'll perform better.

Edited by brandon