Change Mode

Radio shack commercial

EclipseWebJS2

I think Radio Shack is "regrouping" and closing some of their stores. Radio Shack's commercials are right up there with the stupidest of the stupid TV commercials as far as I'm concerned. :help:

I didn't know that radio shack was in trouble, the stores are still operating around here

I didn't know that radio shack was in trouble, the stores are still operating around here

Just saw this information on the news a couple weeks ago probably because they'll be closing the local one, that's my guess :( . The job market is so awful over here, any closures that affect any local business gets on the news. Store closure news article

Edited by andromeda

Radio Shacks are plentiful around this area, but the service, well there are not yet appropriate words to describe the abomination - which is endemic to the retail in this area not just RS.

I remember when I could go into a Radio Shack and find just about any minor electrical gadget to repair a circuit, modify a device, or otherwise create a new component.

The ones here have become a very very cutrate version of Bestbuy or Comp USA.

yeah, same here joe. in fact, i just keep seeing more and more. i love radio shack...when i need some exotic doohickie, they always seem to have it.

oh, and bobby knight is now one tough red raider.

yeah radio shack has helped me many of times with some pc tools, or exotic electronic gadjets :geezer: they still big buisness here Edited by Wademan

The one's in my area are becomming like the big chain pc store's, I tried to get some 1000uf capacitors the last time I went in to one...they had a lot of electronic toys and gadgets on the shelves but were out of the caps that I wanted, I ended up having to buy them on line

I think those Radio Shack commercials are just as stupid and annoying as the cell phone commercials that are saturating the airwaves these days, along with most of the commercials on television anymore, the ones that act as if the viewing audience is dumber than the proverbial box of rocks. Instead they only prove to me that the marketing execs need desparately to get off the crack that's ruining not only their lives, but ours as well... ;) -kd5-

actually here in Canada, RadioShack was bought out by Circuit City, but fortunately there were other RadioShack store's opened, did some research, asked people, found out that the new Radio shack's are actually the American company. In other words the radio shack from the US are now opening stores in Canada.

There's a Radio shack more than 20 miles near me. I agree, most of the time they aren't getting enough business.

I went to one in Salina, KS to buy a stick of 512 RAM by Crucial. I tried to go to one up in Manhattan, KS to get a 120mm fan but never found any ... or a camcorder battery and charger set...

But then I hear that they're fixing to build a Best Buy in Manhattan anyway, so, more good news coming out of Northeastern Kansas.