this should be free.. didnt ea make enough off core version!? lol although 10$ is not bad

i think the reg version is great 1.21. i put to much time in this game lol total of about 210 hours played

player. travis184

That's nothing, check this guy out,

http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_userprofile.php?...19422&bfmodid=0

He really needs to get out more. :rofl2:

Hes just a a tank wh0re on Karkand. ive bought Euro forces but have to now wait a week before i can play it, i didnt know that you had to use your BF2 name as you gamespy nickname, so i was trying other user names out. I didnt know (and it didnt say) you only could do that 3 times a week :pullhair:

Edited by Rebel=UK=

Hes just a a tank wh0re on Karkand. ive bought Euro forces but have to now wait a week before i can play it, i didnt know that you had to use your BF2 name as you gamespy nickname, so i was trying other user names out. I didnt know (and it didnt say) you only could do that 3 times a week :pullhair:

trust me i know what you mean. i think it is BS the way it is set-up.i am up and running now,i had to buy the game again though.didnt feel like waiting a week for something i already paid for. i paid twice but oh well i dont think they will get my $$$ again. F them.

I was going to buy it but...

1. I don't care to create a gamespy account,

2. I want a simple download, not download something to download this

3. I still haven't played Special Forces that much.

4. I still have fun on the some of the original maps.

trust me i know what you mean. i think it is BS the way it is set-up.i am up and running now,i had to buy the game again though.didnt feel like waiting a week for something i already paid for. i paid twice but oh well i dont think they will get my $$$ again. F them.

I thought id try and change my gamespy nickname just incase today and it worked. Im not sure it EA read my email and reset it or they have taken the 3 a week off full-stop. Thing is my brother cant use his account as the nickname is under Rebel=UK= so he has to use my account to play the maps

Edited by Rebel=UK=

they just need to have these updates as add ons to the original rather than other versions.

Kind of like how counter-strike went 1.0 1.4 1.5 etc etc

This just splices up the player base and doesnt really bring anything new to the game while adding to their own bottom line. I have played special forces ONCE.

ah well enough people must have had that smae prob as me..... B)

{edit}

ah yeah ive just got a email back

EA Response (Paul G.) 16/03/2006 07:16 PM

Hi ,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

This error message occurs when you are trying to log in to the account server under a GameSpy ID other than the one that Battlefield 2: Euro Force was purchased under. There was a limit to only 3 changes but they have changed it and you should be able to change the nick 10 times this week

Edited by Rebel=UK=

Is it just me, or did they seem to make the APC a lot more powerful after this last patch?

Not that I've really noticed. Maybe you are coming up against guys that have practiced where to hit to do the most damage.

Oh and the 3 new maps a quite fun. Also not that it is a reason for spending the $10, but if you are in a server that has any of the 3 new maps in it and it switches to one of them, you will get kicked from the server if you don't have EF installed.

is there anyway to launch the game w/o opening the ea downloader ?

Yes, just click on the BF2 icon, no need for the Downloader at all. Even better go to Start-Run and type in msconfig, click on the Startup tab and uncheck the downloader from starting with windows.

You only need the Downloader to download and install, not to play.

• 2 weeks later...

This may not be what you want to hear, but start with uninstalling and re-installing the game. Heck ATM it isn't even showing in your installed software list from your pit test (yet it does in brownhornet's and mine). WHen you do uninstall, make sure to got to My Documents\Battlefield 2 and back up the profiles folder, then delete the whole BF2 folder (and put the profiles folder back after the re-install).

I have done the uninstall twice , I have no problems playing the demo!! it figures I download it for FREE ( no problems playing) Paid 39.99 for it and have problems.. any other solutions would help, EA had said the same about uninstalling it also but I have already done it..

PS I have 4 other friends that are having the same problem.. we all have the same config on the computer.