Change Mode

File-Sharing Programs

StarOrc

Not really sure, just some music to listen too....

I would actually like to listen to one of my CDs but I can't get it to do anything except its autorun movie and I can't find tracks on it.... If it means anything its Matisyahu's Live at Stubbs CD.

Star

We can help him with the program, just not the downloads.

*Frostwire (open source Limewire) is very Kazaa/Emule-like (no ads!).

*Azureus Bit Torrent Client

Frostwire is better for individual downloads, Azureus is better for things in groups (such as cough Albums). Azureus requires you to find torrent sites to download stuff, you're gonna have to find those on your own.

You could also just go to a used CD store and pick up some old cd's of your favorite bands etc, then rip them onto the computer, perfectly legal (for now at least). ;) Most libraries have cd's too.

ya, he didn't break any rules. we do have legal music sharing programs these days, lol.

xen mentioned teh library, GREAT place to get any cd you want

i only did that so he wouldnt break the rules and get such a decent topic closed :)

i always see posts getting closed because someone types the wrong things :rolleyes:

...because someone types the wrong things

I had the most awesome pirate picture ever ready to be linked, until I read that sentence...:lol:

StarOrc, try holding down the Shift buttons when you put the CD in the CD-Drive. It might prevent Autorun,and it might let you then play the Audio.

Autorun is one of the worst ideas ever thought of imo.

Instead inserting a cd should pop on icon on to the desktop. If you want to install a program or listen to a cd, click on it, if not, no sleep lost.

When using a windows machine it's the first thing I do. On older machines, autorun trying to open a scratched disc will freeze the computer. ;)

I would actually like to listen to one of my CDs but I can't get it to do anything except its autorun movie and I can't find tracks on it.... If it means anything its Matisyahu's Live at Stubbs CD.

Hey man, I told you: Hold the SHIFT key down as you load the CD! What's the matter ... got rootkit blues?

Or hook an audio-CD player into your computer's LINE IN port

Edited by EclipseWebJS2

• 3 years later...

I was just wondering what was the best File Sharing program out there and where I can get it? I'm just looking to get some music cause its real quiet in my computer room and the silence is getting to me...

Thanks

Star

Link removed. is a pretty good one.

Edited by stormy13