A seeming contradiction ...

Gents ...

My faith in PC Pitstop has been shaken. I think I started turning to PCPitstop in 2000 as a safe and reliable source for information on the health of my computer. I learned to trust your opinion enough so that I have purchased three or for items from your "partners" based solely on your recommendation. So far, I have not been disapointed.

You can imagine that it was with great confidence that I laid out the $30 for Optimize. I thought, "Imagine, PCPitstop's own product, it has to be good." And, since I was never sure that my Internet connection was maximized anyway, I decided to trust you to handle it.

I bought Optimize and ran it. The fist thing that happened was immediate ... when I went to check the effects by running PC Pitstop Full Scan again, I found that the Internet Upload section would freeze up. So, I wrote to customer assistance. The reply I got back was a slap in the face.

Well, he said, first of all we can give you your money back. Or, you can always set Optimize to just skip the Internet Upload section from now on. That will fix everything.

My question for you is, and I really want a truthful, honest answer, is how can you SELL me a product that, by supposedly Optimizing my computer, renders your originhal product inoperative and think that something is not wrong? I do NOT want my money back. I do not want to ignore Internet Upload settings in the future as this was the reason I bought the program in the first place. I DO want my confidence in your products back again. I DO want to believe you when you say that Optimize has set everything perfectly now and I can verify that by running the original PCPitstop Full Scan to prove it. As it is now, when Opotimize says "Optimize could find nothing wrong with your settings", I frankly don't believe you.

How can you possibly let one of the customer service personnel tell me that the way to solve the situation is to take my money back and remove the errant software or to ignore the problem and pretend that it is not there, and that will make everything OK?

I look forward to your reply.

John Washbush

Milwaukee, WI

Gents ...

My faith in PC Pitstop has been shaken. I think I started turning to PCPitstop in 2000 as a safe and reliable source for information on the health of my computer. I learned to trust your opinion enough so that I have purchased three or for items from your "partners" based solely on your recommendation. So far, I have not been disapointed.

You can imagine that it was with great confidence that I laid out the $30 for Optimize. I thought, "Imagine, PCPitstop's own product, it has to be good." And, since I was never sure that my Internet connection was maximized anyway, I decided to trust you to handle it.

I bought Optimize and ran it. The fist thing that happened was immediate ... when I went to check the effects by running PC Pitstop Full Scan again, I found that the Internet Upload section would freeze up. So, I wrote to customer assistance. The reply I got back was a slap in the face.

Well, he said, first of all we can give you your money back. Or, you can always set Optimize to just skip the Internet Upload section from now on. That will fix everything.

My question for you is, and I really want a truthful, honest answer, is how can you SELL me a product that, by supposedly Optimizing my computer, renders your originhal product inoperative and think that something is not wrong? I do NOT want my money back. I do not want to ignore Internet Upload settings in the future as this was the reason I bought the program in the first place. I DO want my confidence in your products back again. I DO want to believe you when you say that Optimize has set everything perfectly now and I can verify that by running the original PCPitstop Full Scan to prove it. As it is now, when Opotimize says "Optimize could find nothing wrong with your settings", I frankly don't believe you.

How can you possibly let one of the customer service personnel tell me that the way to solve the situation is to take my money back and remove the errant software or to ignore the problem and pretend that it is not there, and that will make everything OK?

I look forward to your reply.

John Washbush

Milwaukee, WI

:sparkle: Not all products work equally well on all systems.

I have PC Pitstop Optimize and I have absolutely no issues.

That would include the Internet Optimization as well as other features.

Once run, and restarted, I am able to go in and run full tests without any problems. :sparkle:

:geezer:

Is the upload test still not working for you?

There was a server problem that has been addressed.

Our hosting company ran some diagnostics and found that one of our network cards appears to be flakey. Since we have two web servers behind a load balancer, the effect of this is that people might get inconsistent results on bandwidth tests since there's no guarantee of which server you'll get on a particular visit.

They will be replacing the network card tonight during our maintenance window (3-5am central time) so I'm hoping this problem will go away and we can start testing again.

From here:

http://pcpitstop.invisionzone.com/index.ph...dpost&p=1140972