Sign in to follow this  
triplea

Ad Aware 6.

I think Ax Slinger paid for a copy, maybe we can get him to tell us what it's like!

Yeh !!

I read that somewhere too !! :D

Februgly...my least favorite month, in Ga. we have spring and winter in the same month! :rolleyes:

Thanks ed1,,they made a whole new website,,thats really good news!!

I purchased Ad-aware Plus on August 21st. Strangely enough, it looked and acted just like the free version (although it said version 5.83 "plus").....If it

was supposed to do more than the free version, I didn't get what I paid for :o Maybe they closed the door before I ordered but up-dated the version name, just for me (lol)

not sure what the differences are between plus and free

maybe ax knows because some people have said he has the plus version

Guest zippy1

The 5.83 ver. plus you get the adwatch monitor that blocks before installing on your puter. haven't seen the 6.0 ver. yet. I thought that if you had the Plus ver 5.83 you could update free to the 6.0 ver? I couldn't find that info. I'll give them time to sort out the new site then ask ??'s :blink:

Guest zippy1

Ok after further reading I found that if you have Adaware Plus 5.83 they will be sending out e-mail notices to upgrade to the 6.0 plus for free ;) it may take a few days so watch your email :tup:

I couldn't find it either... But they have updated their website, and now they have links to Ad-Aware 6, but when you click on them it says the software isn't available until February. And now there is a Professional version listed as well. Not sure what that's about yet...

But Zippy is right. The only difference between 5.83 standard and plus was a couple of programs, neither of which I ever installed.

[Edit] Actually, I do have Ad-Watch installed I guess. I never noticed it because I never set it up right. Now I have it set to auto start, so I'll let you know what it does...

Edited by Ax Slinger

Yeh, I got the Ad-Watch with the plus version. I wasn't sure what it did,

other than a "log". :unsure:

Well Jaycee at least ya saved 'bout $10. cuz it's now $26. and back then it was only $15. I just e-mailed them last week and they e-mailed me back saying mid-feb. dunno why they did that, you need to get in touch and give them your refference# and they will e-mail you a link to update to the new version, just spoke with M.Boston, she stated that it'll(mine) comming within 48hrs. I figgured there swampped as to the delay

Guess What!!! I just checked my e-mail and the dwnld for the upgrade is in my mail...I'm gonna go get it right now :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I just got it,here's a screen shot if ya want a peek;

Posted Image

LOL

who writes their copy ???

you look at the AdAware ( free ) page and it is called :

" the morning after pill for the internet " ????????????????? LOL

Ewww, what a lame slogan.

Joe, it looks nice. Does it work? I guess we'd need a spyware-infested system to know for sure. I have a test system here with lots of spyware but I'll wait for the free version.

I can't tell if it's working yet. Between my mozilla,pastpatrol and zone alarm pro nothing ,not even spy cookies are loading.I'll have to disable some things and open exploder to see if it'll work :mrgreen:

Guest Donna

The adwatch won't let you check your hotmail.! LOL