Sign in to follow this  
Raptor

2006 Forum Wars

oh gawd I cant wait to kick the butt of the other "D" teams :blushing:

oh gawd I cant wait to kick the butt of the other "D" teams :blushing:

oh yeah we will see abt that brother Kenny :blushing::lol: , yes especially I getting my HDD's, some good cooling, more OC :drool: , new vid card, and new PSU lmao, kick butt time, Kenny :tdn: too bad lol. J/K brother, you know what I think my butt will be whooped.

Maybe I will be started of team E, lol. :P:):adios:

I know that :)

Flew... There's gonna be alot of taunting here because I put the link to here from the Participating forums Page at TRP main site.(Red link in my sig)

You can taunt the other forums with the links provided on the same page. Just keep it clean... some forums will require registration to post... Not at TRP :nono:

Bring it Pitboys, let's see if you got it to go :boxing:

oh im bringing it........ :geezer:

w0t :blink: did I hear oh im. no no no, did you forget, its WE are bringing it :lol:

Oh i'm not worried Bud ... my Opty can Kik some Tail ............. but will have FX60 in a few days ( thx Beast ) so its like i always say ............ ahhhhh never mind ............... the end result will show the proof ....... B)

beast just plain ol' missed those high OC speeds...im sure hes waitin to get his mits on a conroe ;)

Conroes are easy to find. It's the boards that take some snooping. :shifty:

Bring it Pitboys, let's see if you got it to go :boxing:

Did you just hear that Can "O" Whoop *** open up .............. Posted Image

Did you just hear that Can "O" Whoop *** open up .............. Posted Image

Well my *can* will be later. Can't seem to muster the funds to get the damned phone turned back on, I'll be around tho fellas and when I get it back on y'all will be the second ones to know......... :shifty:

There appears to be a conflict regarding unreleased CPUs in the Wars.

There is curently a vote on the use of eSamples...

I think what we are going to do is add another catagorie "Ultra Unlimited"

This catagorie will include anything, any CPU or CPU set up... Quads, Ln2, Cascades, Dice... ect

Basiclly they will be individual scores for the participating forums but wont be included in the "A or B Teams" scores...

THX RAY :beer:

does this mean i can break out my pentium 200 w/ mmx

Edited by flewpastu

Sure you can, cant guarantee you'll finish in the top 10 :rolleyes:

There appears to be a conflict regarding unreleased CPUs in the Wars.

There is curently a vote on the use of eSamples...

I think what we are going to do is add another catagorie "Ultra Unlimited"

This catagorie will include anything, any CPU or CPU set up... Quads, Ln2, Cascades, Dice... ect

Basiclly they will be individual scores for the participating forums but wont be included in the "A or B Teams" scores...

I have an issue with this NEW LAST MINUTE RULE. This question was asked in pm's a few weeks ago and we were told it would be fine. Now the rule is changed after hardware was bought. I would never had changed my original setup had I know this when it was fist asked. As per YOUR rules on YOUR website any cpu is fine, just not unreleased VIDEO cards.

Here is a copy and past STILL CURRENT ON YOUR WEBSITE.

"Ronnie Coleman" is our "Master of Arms" and in charge of the Forum Police Force.

He is very experienced, so if there's a problem... He's on it I assure you.

The TRP Staff is very helpful if anybody has any questions.

Once the Wars Starts... Players can Post in any participating forum.(taunting)

Once Preliminary testing begins June 2nd there will be NO UPGRADES ALLOWED Once a score is posted. Posting deadline is the 23rd.

After much consideration, I have decided to eliminate the Restrictions on the VGA drivers. Meaning.... you can use whatever driver you want. Note (the null cheat will not be allowed) If a Judge or a Cop finds out it was used, the Player will forfit there Overclocked Score. This disision was made because the drivers are very limited for the new ATI and Nvidia Cards....

Single & Dual cores only... 2 singlecores are ok. No Quads or Dual Dual cores.

Video is only limited to mfgr released Cards... No samples, No custom Rigging.

your choice of cooling is from Air to Phasechange(Vapo) no LN2, Dice or Cascades.

No Ram Drives, Tweaking is highly reccommended

2 systems per player are allowed, But only 1 can be on the "A Team"

The definition of UPGRADE:

Different CPU

Different Number of HHD's

Different Memory

Different VGA Card or Number of cards

Any way thanks for wasting my money.

I hafta agree with ya Gryph .......i've been reading thru @ TRP &. i can understand Rays point ..... but could have / should have been more clear on the CPU if that was an Issue could saved a lot of time , money , distress

its claimed because the CPU being an unreleased Chip is an unfair advantage ,... so be it . the chip is going to be released in a few weeks anyway ..... and its not like everyone is going to scrap their systems to get one anyway .... even if the chip was released today there would probably be only a handfull of people jump on one right now .......... some people have the dough to swap out anything and everything on a whim ........ thats kinda an unfair advantage aswell ... .......... me i hafta save and more often than not buy used parts .......

anyway thats my 2 cents ..... i would love to see them go thru ... of course i would also love to have one

another option could be to pull all restrictions and allow LN2 , Cascade etc etc and be part of a team but who knows ........ we still got time ................... Rulz were made to be Broken

what i'm sayin is if Conroe was released today ... i know of only a few people that will get it now ............... not how many people want one NOW

The 1st time I heard that you guys had already ordered your CPU's was

Re:Hey Ray, 6:19pm Sun May 28 2006

That was the 1st time I ever heard anything about the matter...

In that PM, shogan tells me that "they are on the way"

I... at the time thought they had been released and asked "where did you buy them"

Thinking that they had been released for resale.

Call it BS or call me a Liar...

It's all the gods honest truth, you guy's all know me, would I porposely screw anyone here???

I'll bend over backwards to accomedate everyones wishes... if I can

It does say in the rulz "NO Samples"

And really... is it fair to use unreleased chips in a contest where nobody else has access to buy them?

I'm not trying to be a butthead on the matter. I know those puppies are expensive.

Thats why were creating an "Ultra Class" Catagorie

you cant be on the "A or B" teams but you still represent your forum. :)

I don't know about anything being a waste of money. :huh: If you purchased a cpu you can enjoy it whether your using it in the competiton or not. I have upgraded parts for competitions before, but I certainly wouldn't buy them just for the competiton. I still owned and used them after the competiton. I never considered it to be a waste of money whether I used them in the competiton ot not. :geezer:

Edited by Web Police

i agree w/ you and totally don't understand gryph here.

it's not a waste of money upgrading your parts. chances are it's STILL more powerfull than what you actually will be needing to use it for.

i really am muffed up about the idea that you'd rather spend a HUGE amount of money on a new part just for the thought that you could have braging rights from winning a bench test that two months later you'd be average once again since everyone would have the parts.

like ray said, there'll be an extra category made for thoose w/ stupid amounts of money and time to do crazy overclocking, but they won't count for the team score. so if you were looking to win the forum war, gryph, then your "waste of money" on legal TEAM parts, wasn't a waste.

i think if he'd known it wasnt going to be allowed they may have chosen a different route

Well just to complete my input on the matter. Ray is stopping a little short on the converstation we had. I mentioned it was Conroe and I mentioned that it was an ES and that it was bought from an individual. There shouldn't have been any confusion on the info. It was straight out. I'm in complete opposition to the way it was handled. Whether one piece of hardware is fair and another isn't is always decided in the rules of the competition. It should be decided prior to the competition. I asked directly in order to avoid this very situation. I was answered directly by ray. The fact that we were told it would be ok and now we're being told it's not, and Oh maybe you can be in some other competiton just isn't right no matter how you cut it. If we had been told NO, you can't use Conroe then we wouldn't have spent our last dollars on it. The problem isn't whether it's fair to use Conroe. The problem is that we were told directly that we "would" be able to use Conroe. The problem is that Ray told me one thing and then after we had spent our money said the exact opposite. Like it or not he should live with what he said. Not something completely different. JMO.

wdeyd, It's not so we can have bragging rights. It's because we want to spend money on the best parts available that we can afford, just like everyone else. There's always going to be a difference between what people can and are willing to spend. Up untill I was told I couldn't use Conroe I was having fun just looking for parts. Talking smack with Gryph and just doing the normal things that we all enjoy in the competition. The problem I have now is that I can't compete with what I have. I can't afford to buy something else and I'm not going to the trouble of getting something less than what I had when I started. If Ray had said No Conroe when asked it wouldn't be a problem. If there had been a rule that said No unreleased CPUS can be used it wouldn't have been a problem. If it had been handled at all correctly it wouldn't have been a problem. I went the extra step of asking the inventor of the game and was given the ok. He needs to live with his decision not cause members of competing forums to suffer.

If I can't afford additional hardware how would you like me to compete? Besides the arugements, drama, and bs involved have made the whole thought of the competition not very much fun anymore.

Go back to the last Pitstop competition. I was competing against FX60s with my trusty Opty 165. I'm not about bragging rights. I'm about having fun and enjoying new hardware. Sometimes I've been able to afford the best and sometimes not. I don't even like that I've been put in the position of having to argue my position on this. All of this should have been finished before the competition and not "changed" after it started. Also keep in mind that this all relates to more than one person. Whether I actually recieve the Conroe isn't even fact yet. Gryph has his. I'm still trying. We have boards, we have memory, I have no AMD boards or cpus anymore. It's taken a lot of work and even converstations with the wife for me to get this far. So as far as bragging rights I might be pushing this hard for someone to beat me to death with their Conroe while I play Zoom Zoom on my Linux Box.

Also as far as stupid amounts of money, the conroe I'm trying for costs less than an FX 60. It's the total of all things involved that adds up.

So... your calling me a LIAR then.

This will be the LAST time I say this....

I DID NOT Know that you already ordered them until after the fact... How can I tell you NOT to order them if you already done it? Dont lay this at my feet, :nono: you said in your first PM that the forums where acting silly, I said "No PM's Here" meaning I did not recieve them... go back and read it again. :pullhair:

better yet...

shogan

Let me know if you got the PM about Conroe. This silly board is acting up. What's new?

Raymo

No PM's here..

we just had 2 more forums join, thats 13 for now... who knows , there may be more joining at the last minute.

shogan

WOW!! That's fantastic. I'll check to see whose listed.

I was trying to send a pm earlier about using a Conroe setup. I've got the CPU and the board is on the way. Just yesterday FutureMark quit publishing the scores with Conroe. They took down the ones that were posted. I wanted to be sure there wouldn't be a problem with posting a screen shot or allowing the PitCops, you, Ronnie, or whoever, access to my FutureMark Scores to verrify them. It looks like we might have at least two members here with conroe setups, maybe more. They cost a good chunk of change but you wouldn't believe the hardware I destroyed last week. The FX 60 I had could bench at 3.4 and that's just the begining of the loss. It was a sad day.

Raymo

bummer... where is the conroe for sale?

we'll do whatever we have to do for benches....

They wont post on any 3d bench, or just 3d06?

Somebody... please point out what I did wrong here... :rolleyes:

Yes well here is a copy past of the whole and complete pms.

Let me know if you got the PM about Conroe. This silly board is acting up. What's new?

No PM's here..

we just had 2 more forums join, thats 13 for now... who knows , there may be more joining at the last minute.

WOW!! That's fantastic. I'll check to see whose listed.

I was trying to send a pm earlier about using a Conroe setup. I've got the CPU and the board is on the way. Just yesterday FutureMark quit publishing the scores with Conroe. They took down the ones that were posted. I wanted to be sure there wouldn't be a problem with posting a screen shot or allowing the PitCops, you, Ronnie, or whoever, access to my FutureMark Scores to verrify them. It looks like we might have at least two members here with conroe setups, maybe more. They cost a good chunk of change but you wouldn't believe the hardware I destroyed last week. The FX 60 I had could bench at 3.4 and that's just the begining of the loss. It was a sad day.

bummer... where is the conroe for sale?

we'll do whatever we have to do for benches....

They wont post on any 3d bench, or just 3d06?

They are not posting any benches with Conroe cpus. I think they are leaving up 3D 01 but I haven't checked today. Been painting the living room. I'm getting too old for ladders. Anyway the Conroe is an ES chip. Bought from an individual and I'm trying to get another from the same source. It's from Mylasia.

I'll check the Orb tomorrow and see what's left up in the way of Conroe scores, if any.

Thx Steve for the heads up

have ya got paint on everything yet?

Yes.

I don't know how to do the color thing with tags but that's the whole thing untill the pm after the competiton start date.

Here's the pm to me on that.

hey Steve

we got a problem, the conroe has not been released yet officially, and there is an uprising since yours is a sample or unreleased version...

the rulz state that samples wont be allowed, I can't go against all the forum cops on this one.

get to FW admin when you get a chance

Ray

The thing is it didn't say that in the rules that's why I pm'd you to begin with Ray. Anyway, we've spent too much time and energy on this. I admire you starting the overclocking section here, admire you for helping me mod, admire you for conducting the forum wars and starting your own forum. I just think you made a mistake here. I know from what you're saying that you don't feel that way.

Update, sorry the wife just sent this through before I was finished.

I want it to be clear that I'm not calling you a liar. I also want to let you know that I got confirmation on my new Conroe.