Change Mode

wireless is slower than direct conection?

I don't think you can.

The main difference betwen WLAN and wired LAN tend to be the speed.

I have the same issue but the difference between WLAN & LAN is smaller that yours.

What hardware are you using?

Sometimes it helps to use the same manufacturer for both, wireless router and wireless PCI card

Most of the times is faster to use the software that came with the hardware instead of letting Windows manage wireless connection.

my hardware is well its built in my dell 9300 laptop.

and i got another desktop that is useing a usb linksys wireless.

both of them gets the same 1700 too 2mb and i even tried my other router that is a linksys and still the same as the d-link.

so i guess its like this for everone?

my hardware is well its built in my dell 9300 laptop.

and i got another desktop that is useing a usb linksys wireless.

both of them gets the same 1700 too 2mb and i even tried my other router that is a linksys and still the same as the d-link.

so i guess its like this for everone?

Yes. While wireless may be more comfortable, it certainly isn't more powerful. Direct connections either give you 10, 100, or 1000 MB/s connections, 100 being the most popular. Wireless, however, depends on the access point and (or) wireless card you have. If you use a Wireless B protocol (802.11b) card and it is connected to a wireless access point that accepts this protocol, data will transfer at 11MB/s. If you use the newer Wireless G protocol (802.11g) card and you're connected to an access point that accepts Wireless G, you will be connected at 54MB/s.

As you can see, wired connection is faster in most cases, especially since the 10Mb/s wired connection hardly exists.