Sign in to follow this  
OxyCrusher

ASCENDTECH.COM....is this company trustworthy?

hi, im looking to by my brother a computer from ascendtech.com, just wondering if anyone has dealt with them in the past, and whether or not it was a good experience. thanx in advance.

hi, im looking to by my brother a computer from ascendtech.com, just wondering if anyone has dealt with them in the past, and whether or not it was a good experience. thanx in advance.

The company is actually http://www.ascendtech.us and yeah I would say they are trustworthy. I have been buying from them for some about two years now. I usually buy medium range PCs from AscendTech and found them because of their variety of Dell parts. I used to do IT work for a company that had all dells and ascendtech.us were the only ones to carry dell replacement motherboards and proprietary psus. If you want to view their ratings, go ebay user id asendtek. they have 14000+ unique positive feedback with 99.4% rating (thats as good as it gets)

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...userid=asendtek

Good Luck

John

read their terms,

All of ascendtech.us's products are guaranteed against defects for 30 days from the date of the invoice unless stated otherwise. All items under manufacturer's warranty must be registered and serviced through their warranty agreements. ascendtech.us carries a mixture of new, used, surplus, and recertified products. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN, ascendtech.us MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS SOLD ON THE ascendtech.us SITE. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN, ascendtech.us EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS SOLD ON THIS SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU AGREE THAT THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO ascendtech.us ARISING FROM ANY PRODUCT SOLD ON THE ascendtech.us SITE SHALL BE THE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT ORDERED. IN NO EVENT SHALL ascendtech.us, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES RELATED TO PRODUCT SOLD.

I was gonna buy from this till i read this, you dont know if your buying a fixed or refurbished item and their prices are not as great as to run this risk.

read their terms,

All of ascendtech.us's products are guaranteed against defects for 30 days from the date of the invoice unless stated otherwise. All items under manufacturer's warranty must be registered and serviced through their warranty agreements. ascendtech.us carries a mixture of new, used, surplus, and recertified products. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN, ascendtech.us MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS SOLD ON THE ascendtech.us SITE. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN, ascendtech.us EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS SOLD ON THIS SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU AGREE THAT THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO ascendtech.us ARISING FROM ANY PRODUCT SOLD ON THE ascendtech.us SITE SHALL BE THE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT ORDERED. IN NO EVENT SHALL ascendtech.us, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES RELATED TO PRODUCT SOLD.

I was gonna buy from this till i read this, you dont know if your buying a fixed or refurbished item and their prices are not as great as to run this risk.

Their terms are no different then most other online vendors. I assume the recertified and used products refers to their dell and gateway replacement boards and parts. When I order, I usually call and they tell me.

The good: I tried this company for a replacement motherboard. The order process went smooth and the part arrived in just a few days.

The bad: The part did not match the photos on their website of the board I ordered. I discussed this with their support and they told me I could return it and get a refund less a 20% restocking fee. I returned the part since it wasn't exactly what I ordered and they charged me the restocking fee.

Buyer beware!

This post is old but this company put my job in jeopardy. They lost my credit card info, failed to notify me, never processed my orders and I had to call them to find this out. Their service said this was basically my fault even though I recieved an order completed email and to even place an order the site verifies the CC# to make sure it is legit. The guy on the other end was basically yelling at me the whole convo.

This order was for my boss and since I was in charge of it now its my fault.

AscendTech sucks

I wish I had read this before ordering from them! YES THEY SUCK!!!!

I got a used board marked as new its a huge deal to return anything to them. Yes the return guy mentioned above does get very nasty he tries to intimidate you.

AscendTech.us or Asendtek on ebay is a very shady company and not at all like the online retailers I usually order from. Even after they admitted sending me a used pull they have not changed their item description on their web store or there ebay store. I see some people are happy with them but for me its been a very bad choice and a waste of time and money. They said I should have read the disclaimer and I probably should have but honest sellers post a honest description right up front without burring a disclaimer that you might get hosed in a little link.

I'm going back to Newegg.

Edited by donf

Absolutely 100% un-trustworthy, do not buy from these people!!

Here is a review I posted of them on resellerratings.com

I ordered an IBM Thinkpad T41 from Ascendtech.us on 4/27. The laptop arrived on 5/1 and seemed to be in good condition. After letting the unit charge overnight I began using it the next day, I unplugged the unit and just under 5 minutes later it gave me a low battery warning beep and shut-down. The battery showed a zero charge when I turned the unit back on while plugged in. I pulled the battery out of the unit to inspect it, and found that it had the word "BAD" written on it in permanent marker. I understand this is an off-lease unit and is not brand new, but there was no mention on the item description page that the unit may include a battery that is known bad. It's not that they just didn't test it and shipped it in an unknown status. Someone pulled the battery out, tested it, found it to be bad, marked it as such, and then stuck it back in and still sold it to me, with no disclosure that the battery was bad. I requested compensation in the amount of $39.99 from the company so I can purchase a replacement battery. They declined, saying that "that is more then we made on that unit". That is not my problem! They are now only offering for me to return the unit, and per their instructions they will deduct the initial shipping cost from my refund once they receive the unit. So not only are they refusing to correct the situation, they are going to charge me for the privilege of returning the laptop to them! Needless to say I will never be purchasing anything from this company again, and I whole-heartedly recommend anyone reading this find another company to do business with, as Ascendtech.us will rip you off.

Apparently I can't reply to their reply, so I will do so here:

Two of the statements in their reply are outright lies. Of course they have now pulled the original description page from their site so no one can discover their lies. They say: "The website clearly stated Notebooks / Laptops which are being sold as off lease used may show normal wear and tear scratches; and the battery life span is unknown and is not guaranteed to hold a charge." There is not a single word on the description page regarding the battery. No where does it say it may be unusable. To the statement "To avoid taking a risk with receiving a battery that is not guaranteed to hold a charge we recommend purchasing our higherend new or recertified laptops which are not offlease" I call complete BS. On the description page for this item it is listed as "Condition: Re certified". Do not listen to a word these people say, and do not buy anything from them. They will do whatever they can to cover their :filtered: and not own up to their mis-information and unethical sales tactics.

I would do a report on ripoff report to warn people too. I just wish I had done my home work before I ordered from ascendtech.us. A simple search will turn up lots of unhappy customers. I tried to make the parts from ascendtech work for a few weeks but they were so bad I ended up throwing them in the trash. I got replacement parts from 3B tech and newegg both those stores are honest and dont sell junk.

I wish I had read this before ordering from them! YES THEY SUCK!!!!

I got a used board marked as new its a huge deal to return anything to them. Yes the return guy mentioned above does get very nasty he tries to intimidate you.

AscendTech.us or Asendtek on ebay is a very shady company and not at all like the online retailers I usually order from. Even after they admitted sending me a used pull they have not changed their item description on their web store or there ebay store. I see some people are happy with them but for me its been a very bad choice and a waste of time and money. They said I should have read the disclaimer and I probably should have but honest sellers post a honest description right up front without burring a disclaimer that you might get hosed in a little link.

I'm going back to Newegg.

You must not be the sharpest tool in the shed

I buy from them all the time, they clearly say they sell all types of parts, new, pulls, refurbs, etc

Pulls being parts pulled from systems that never were sold. Like when Dell builds systems, and then have some left over that did not sell. They take them apart and sell them as parts. For replacement parts or overstock parts. You dont have to be a rocket scientist to understand it. If your looking at a P4 board, or something from a few years ago, it is a pull. They don't make those parts anymore. If your looking at a new board, today that would be a duel or quad core board, then it is new, and it will say new or retail. What is so hard to understand about that

If you go to newegg and look at a P4 board, do you think companies are still making them ?, nope, its either a return, a refurb, a pull, or something that came through a time machine

Anyway, even if your not to bright, you can always call and ask

I do it all the time, and know most of them by name. I even asked them about this post, and the guy who says they lost his information. They told me he did not enter his information correctly, and was never charged. They emailed him to explain that they could not ship without his correct information, and he went off on them accusing them of losing it

But I have to agree with them, if he put it in correctly, they would have gotten it. The guy ordered through the website, not over the phone, I guess he forgot to tell us all that part

I buy parts and systems from them all the time, and while no one is perfect, I love the prices

I get complete systems for $150, on a weekly basis, with a 754, 64 bit 3200 cpu,1 gig of ram, HDD and CDrom, then sell them for twice that price in my shop

I've bought over 20 of them this year alone, and only had one problem

I sent that one back, and had a new one in 3 days, you cant beat that

If you want to do the same, just remember one rule, as I said above

If they do not make it anymore, then it is not new

They shouldn't need to post a flashing neon sign that says "SYSTEM PULL"

Use your head, and if you don't know nothing about computers, call and ask

AsendTech.us-THE worst company I have ever dealt with!!! EVER !!

Faulty products, HORRIBLE customer service, rude, and abrasive.

This company is clearly a SCAM run by idiots that have NO reguard

for satisfaction or quality. TOTAL RIP OFF!

I know this is an old article, but this company :filtered: me off so badly I went searching for a place to vent.

I recently bought a motherboard from this company to swap into a customers dell. It started to boot, but then froze in the exact same spot every time, before I could get into the bios.

I put in some known good memory and processor with the exact same results. So, I send them an email explaining the situation and asking for an RMA# so I can ship it back for a replacement.

I get an email back from "Steve" saying it's a memory compatibility problem. I email him back explaining how this is the EXACT same board as the original one the memory came from and I even tried other memory just to be safe.

Steve emails me back with:

"I'm sorry, I'm not sure if your kidding or not ?

I don't have time for a course in memory and how it works"

So I give ol' Steve-O a call and chew his :filtered: out for a completely inappropriate and unprofessional email. He continues his condescending and arrogant behavior, but agrees to give me an RMA. He said they would test the board and if it tested good, they could send it back with "compatible" memory. I said fine and sent it back.

A few days later, I get an email from "Val" (a sarcastic and smug "B") telling me the board tested good. So, I get the board back along with a $30 POS off-brand stick of memory. I open up the box and immediately can tell it's not the board I sent back. It had less scratches and missing a small sticker. And guess what...it boots just fine with my old original memory. These people conned me into buying memory I didn't need. CROOKS! A job that should have cost me around $60, ended up costing me $100 and took 3 weeks to finish.

STAY AWAY FROM ASCENDTECH.US

Edited by bjbinc

this company is the pits, I tried to deal with them a few times and it ends up costing more in the end than its worth. :filtered: (isn't that fitting) Lewis, Its the company's responsibility to list say if the items are not new, as they are selling it as new. One of my customers ordered this part from them, along with their system, and they got screwed, the vid card still had a lot of dust bunnies in the heatsink, and didn't not come packaged, just in a antistatic bag, sound new to you?? The MB would not boot past the post screen (and yes I bareboned it and ran all the steps, the board is just BAD). And unfortunately due to a death in the family they didn't get it to me till after the 30 "warranty" was up. I put warranty in quotes because you better be ready to deal with a load of crap if you call to RMA anything, they are rude, and most times it will end up costing you more than you may have saved to ship it back to them for the RMA. Ascendtech get's an major FAIL in my book.

DO NOT BUY FROM ASCENDTECH!!!!

I should have read this BEFORE purchasing from ASCENDTECH.

Yes, "STEVE" is still working there and is nastier than ever. I am shocked by the responses that he gave me. A business should not be ran by a lunatic such as Steve.

I purchased a board there and it's been a nightmare ever since. Rest assured I'm reporting him to the BBB and any other agency. Steve will personally slam his customers. Even if you're right.

Put it this way...he did a Google/Yahoo/etc. search for my email address from their database, looked up a handle that I had used on some board, and used it in a condescending reply. Really? Is this how low a company has to stoop? I'm so glad I can trust my information with them.

Bottom line...purchase elsewhere. You'll save tons of money and headaches, even if you pay just a little more upfront.