Cable Internet

Guest JohnT399

Guest JohnT399

Hi, I have cable internet, and recently ive been having problems with it. It will be fine for 2 minutes or so, then all of a sudden for like 20 seconds it will go extremely slow so i cant load anything, and as you can imagine, it gets pretty annoying. Any ideas on what will help? By the way, i have a Motorola SB4220 surfboard modem that i just recieved recently.

With cable or dsl before I would start making any kind of changes to the computer I would first powercycle the cable/dsl modem and see if that helps.

If problem persists then I would call the ISP to see if there is something wrong with the line and have them run a remote test.

Hey John, was your modem made in Taiwan or Mexico? I work for comcast in Minnesota and we had a LOT of problems with the 4220's that were made in Mexico. Slow, unpredictable surf and the general in-ability to work correctly. Look at the sticker with the SN on it and you should be able to see where it was made.

Edited by akokes

Guest yanks0826

With cable or dsl before I would start making any kind of changes to the computer I would first powercycle the cable/dsl modem and see if that helps.

If problem persists then I would call the ISP to see if there is something wrong with the line and have them run a remote test.

What is a powercycle and how do you run it?