Gaza; The Muslim Alamo

You said previously that aid to Palestinians wasn't being recalled. That clearly isn't true. You might as well nerve gas Gaza and claim that only Hamas were your targets. It isn't going to be possible for anybody to separate Hamas from Palestinians. Forget it. Palestinians elected them. Democracy. Remember ?

Edited by moon
  • Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt say it wasnt being recalled, I said it wasnt being taken away from the Palestinians, it was being taken away from Hamas.

I also keep telling you that the money will be spent inside palestine, just not through a Hamas controlled government at this point.

You cant seperate a government from its people? What are you crazy?

I didnt say it wasnt being recalled, I said it wasnt being taken away from the Palestinians, it was being taken away from Hamas.

There you go again. The money in question was earmarked for Palestinian infrastructure. Anyway, I'm with Hamas on this issue. Stuff your money. It was used to bribe Fatah into betraying its people and look what happened to them . :lol:

The game is interesting now though. Israel must goad Hamas to violence and Hamas must resist. America must threaten Hamas benefactors and those benefactors must find a way to get aid through. It's a bit like Berlin, but without the air corridor. Preferable to violence too, although I don't doubt that there will be a few more Palestinians murdered shortly.

Edited by moon

Israel must goad Hamas to violence and Hamas must resist.

No goading required other than breathing. :laughing:

As I said, where is the declaration by Hamas that there exists ANY border for Israel other than a mass grave or fish food? 181, 242? I think 000.

Hamas have maintained a self-imposed ceasefire since August 2004, John ( not February 2005 as I previously thought.) Your jibes are somewhat outdated . Don't be one of those who urge them to violence for the sake of saying 'I told you so'. Israel can do that without your help.

With regard to your question, where is Israel's assurance that it will withdraw to UN designated borders ? You can't criticise the policy of Hamas whilst supporting Israel for wiping Palestine off the map.

Or maybe you can. :lol:

Edited by moon

Israel certainly doesn't need my help. You are the one doing the goading not me.

I confess! I do not have the patience that Israel does,...if I could, I would have long since wiped them out,....mea culpa. I care less about UN legalities that I do about on the ground realities.

Sure Hamas has honored the ceasefire and I expect they will continue to do so as long as it serves their purpose.

It's Hamas' move. Put up or shut up. 2004? What about 1994, 1984, 1974,.......?

Israel certainly doesn't need my help. You are the one doing the goading not me.

I'm not goading anybody to violence.

Sorry, John, I really thought you knew something about it. Hamas wasn't established until 1987.

Their religious, social, and political beliefs, if there's even a difference.

Whatever their particular history, as far as I can tell, they are still only interested in a fish food solution.

Yes, I can do some reading and we can discuss 1000s of details. Ordinarily, I am in favor of that when it materially affects things.

But at the moment, I am only interested in the single question already posed. Only later would it make any sense to get down to particulars

I confess! I do not have the patience that Israel does,...if I could, I would have long since wiped them out,....mea culpa. I care less about UN legalities that I do about on the ground realities.

Sure Hamas has honored the ceasefire and I expect they will continue to do so as long as it serves their purpose.

So far all hamas has shown me is that they are total twits... spose they can change?? I just don't think they will..so I'm all for your remedy to the problem...make it gone.... :angry: v

There you go again. The money in question was earmarked for Palestinian infrastructure.

You still dont get it do you. That money can and will still go to the palestinian people. Today again Hamas announced its refusal to negotiate with Israel. They are simply playing :filtered: for tat. Israel says, "recognise us and renounce terrorism" the world says "recognise Israel and renounce terrorism" hamas says......no thanks.

You still dont get it do you. That money can and will still go to the palestinian people. Today again Hamas announced its refusal to negotiate with Israel. They are simply playing :filtered: for tat. Israel says, "recognise us and renounce terrorism" the world says "recognise Israel and renounce terrorism" hamas says......no thanks.

:geezer:

Has Israel indicated that they WILL move back to the LEGAL Borders?

Bit of a Catch 22 Situation?

The Democratically Elected Leaders of Palistine have Stated all along, "Move back to the Legal Borders".

At least East Timor got resolved, mainly because it was done LEGALLY!

:sparkle::pullhair::sparkle:

Edited by Drovers Dog

If you were playing poker then you would say that Hamas has the nuts, right or wrong most countries are too afraid of the reprecussions if they do something. What they are doing is a kind of world-wide psychological terrorism in order to push for what they deem is theirs.

You demonstrated the problem with the peace talks in your post, everyone is willing to negotiate as long as Israel comes out the winner. It is unthinkable to many westerners to give into Palestinian request but that would involve some sort of admission of wrong doing.

.so I'm all for your remedy to the problem...make it gone.... :angry: v

Fortunately, that simply isn't possible, not without WW3. Israel once used the 'Alamo' analogy propaganda, now it's Palestine's turn. The Israelis are the victims of their own success.

The military anihilation of Palestine would bring severe repercussions, extremely severe, and Palestine would be the war cry of Islam. Israel would not survive the military anihilation of Palestine. Most moderates would make it a life-long task to see to that.

Even economic terrorism is going to come back and bite arses;

Israeli Press;

While masses of Palestinians are living in inhumane conditions, with horrifying levels of unemployment and poverty that are unknown in Israel, humiliated and incarcerated under our responsibility and culpability, the top military and political brass share a hearty laugh a moment before deciding to impose an economic siege that will be even more brutal than the one until now.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/684258.html

And what crime have the Palestinians committed to deserve this ? They partook of democracy. This should be a lesson to any other country to which George Bush would like his 'demahcracy' to spread.

Also, while you pour military aid into an undeserving Israel to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars, 37 million of your own are in poverty.

37 million poor hidden in the land of plenty

Americans have always believed that hard work will bring rewards, but vast numbers now cannot meet their bills even with two or three jobs. More than one in 10 citizens live below the poverty line, and the gap between the haves and have-nots is widening

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/world/story...1712965,00.html

These are the Americans that I identify with, not the plump armchair Zionists who hand billions to the thief whilst denying aid to the victim.

Edited by moon

It's no time for silly sarcasm, 'rock. The complaint is twofold;

America gave money to buy Fatah's endorsement of Israeli land grabs.

America has taken back $50 million, given for Palestinian infrastructure improvements, because Fatah has been defeated.

This is the result of Republican 'donations' to the region;

We stopped talking about morality a long time ago - after all, we are not living in Finland. Still, it would be good to ask: What country would dare to exacerbate the living conditions (which are so miserable in any case) of the residents of a territory under its occupation? What was the sin of the 4,000 lucky people from Gaza whom Israel still allowed to work within its borders, and to whom it is now closing the gates? Did the decision-makers call to mind the sight of these downtrodden people, crowded and humiliated at the Erez crossing on their way home from an exhausting day of work? More than half of all Palestinians are already living in poverty according to the last United Nations report, published in December. Last year, 37 percent had difficulties obtaining food and 54 percent of the residents of the "liberated" Gaza Strip cut back the amount of food they consume. Child mortality rose by 15 percent and the average unemployment rate reached 28 percent. To travel in the West Bank, the Palestinians have to traverse no fewer than 397 checkpoints and, in addition to this, Israel now wants to wield an even heavier hand.

Israeli Press

Edited by moon

America has taken back $50 million, given for Palestinian infrastructure improvements, because Fatah has been defeated.

wrong. America is holding back funds because the goverment having hamas there has a charter of destroying the israeli state. thats why. If they change that... the funds start again. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYONE BEING DEFEATED. IT has to do with the charter of the people now in the government

Edited by hftmrock

It has everything to do with Fatah being defeated. America spent a lot of money schooling Fatah over the years.

Anyway, your post is self-condemning. You agree with economic terrorism as a tool undermine democracy.

Edited by moon

It has everything to do with Fatah being defeated. America spent a lot of money schooling Fatah over the years.

Anyway, your post is self-condemning. You agree with economic terrorism as a tool undermine democracy.

nope.. I agree with the UN telling Palestine to change the charter before things can continue. Its not economic terrorism to not give money to people who openly and in writing have decided they will take all israelis off the map.

Giving money to an organization that has a charter to wipe out israel is paying for israel to be destroyed. that would be wrong in my mind. Paying for ANY goverment to destroy a group of people openly is WRONG no matter who it is

and if it was just because of the loss... they wouldnt give them the money ever. they have NOT said that. they WILL give the money if their charter is not destroying Israel. that proves it the charter and not the Loss... sorry , your wrong

Edited by hftmrock

That's pure hypocrisy. Look at the maps previously posted and ask yourself who is wiping who off the map.

Israel's policy is to absorb ( destroy) Palestine. It's obvious. The democratic election of Hamas is a setback to the plot which Israel must deal with by means of further terrorism, physical and economic.

Anyway, 'rock, didn't you fall on your sword in scene #89 ? Can't have stiffs resurrecting themselves all over the place, what ? :lol:

That's pure hypocrisy. Look at the maps previously posted and ask yourself who is wiping who off the map.

Israel's policy is to absorb ( destroy) Palestine. It's obvious. The democratic election of Hamas is a setback to the plot which Israel must deal with by means of further terrorism, physical and economic.

Anyway, 'rock, didn't you fall on your sword in scene #89 ? Can't have stiffs resurrecting themselves all over the place, what ? :lol:

its their policy??? please show me the document that states it... I can show you Hamas document

I think you really ought to be struck off. You're an obvious thread-assassin. :lol:

Nowhere in the script does it say that the thread-assassin falls on his sword in scene #89 and then has another go in scene #230. :lol:

Edited by moon