Change Mode

Gaza; The Muslim Alamo

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Illegal invaders and occupiers are certain to be repulsed. If they then apply brutality and apartheid they are hardly in a position to complain about the manner of resistance , are they. All this whinging about the resistance is just the propaganda of the occupier. It is a blatant hypocrisy to call the rightful occupant of the territory you are invading a 'terrorist'.

From your own post #152;

israel needs to move back to pre 1967 borders.

palestine needs accept that israel is there to stay.

the un needs to help establish a real palestinian nation, and provide border security for two reasons: prevent an israeli incursion, and prevent palestinian terrorism.

the us needs to tell israel and palestine, that until this happens, no more money will be coming from us. then stop the flow of aid until it occurs.

I question your motive in asking those questions. A grasp of what is going on seems rather necessary to discussion.

Edited by moon

A picture is worth a thousand words.

The second map shows the two proposed States according to the UN Partition Resolution, 181.

Bear in mind that it is illegal under international law to obtain territory by warfare.

The last map shows the bantusans in which Palestinians are crammed today, the most overpopulated areas on earth.

Posted Image

http://lawrenceofcyberia.blogs.com/photos/maps/landloss.html

I have already posted, in this thread, a very respectable legal opinion on the legitimate borders of Israel. If you are genuinely interested you will take the trouble to read back and find it.

Edited by moon

when israel was attacked

We've already covered this false premise. However, I don't mind revisiting this particular fallacy as there are many people, like yourself, still labouring under the illusion of an innocent band of Israelis wrongly attacked by hordes of aggressive Arabs.

Your extract ( which ought to feature a source ) is written by the Israeli State. Could you possibly have found a less biased opinion ? :lol:

Edited by moon

Yes, and I've already referred to it . By 'source' I mean the link to your information .

I've sidestepped nothing. You can't really expect me to respond to a false premise , now can you. Root your questions in reality and I'll respond with reality.

Edited by moon

I'm no legal expert. I just have a nose for truth.

According to D'Amato ( previous expert analysis link ) Resolution 181 still stands. From my layman's viewpoint, the UN is the highest world court and its judgments are legal bedrock. It is in the area of UN action where things fall down. Having an 'Israeli proxy' on the Security Council ( America ) undermines justice through inaction. You can definitely state that Israel's occupation of East Jerusalem is illegal as that illegality has been reinforced recently by numerous General Assembly Resolutions. Reinstating Jerusalem's status as international territory is going to take a long time. It will take a concerted effort by all the other faiths with an interest in the city to evict the Israeli military by peaceful means.

Public opinion, financial and intellectual pressures, these are proving more effective than waiting for America to stand aside . The Church of England, for example, have just decided to discuss divestment of any company which is involved with, or supports Israel in the Occupied Territories. Rabbis are accordingly upset.

The United States has asked the Palestinian Authority to return $50 million in US aid because Washington does not want a Hamas-led government to have the funds.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/222...8A1B2262609.htm

Quite right too. When you're buying a 'democracy' you want a servile Cinderella, not an ugly sister with a good left hook. :rofl2:

US asked to keep Hamas off terror list

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/D83...7CFD270D7A9.htm

I wondered when that might happen. Now everybody that has assumed that Hamas was a terrorist organisation, myself included, ( because that's what I was told ) are going to have to look at some cold facts. How tiresome. :lol:

Edited by moon

It will take time for the scribes and papyrus makers to get their respective acts together. It is breaking news, you know. Gobi 'ticker news' involves painting on the sides of passing camels.

America and Isreal are doing the right thing.

As soon as Hamas does the right the right thing, I suspect that funding would resume, and Isreal would lift travel restrictions.

No, Bruce, the Palestinians are doing the right thing. Resistance first, then talk;

"Hamas rejects negotiations with the occupation under the current circumstances, while occupation and aggression continues," he said.

"We re-emphasise the commitment to [armed] resistance as a natural right of our people."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4726494.stm

America, having welched on the aid package , are now threatening other States not to assist Palestine. At the same time, America assists Israel, even though the UN charter states that members should not assist countries in breach of UN resolutions. That is rank hypocrisy.

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice cautioned Iran and other Middle East powers on Friday of the consequences for the region of giving money to a Palestinian government led by Hamas.

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/684212.html

How could anybody negotiate with such cheats ?

Edited by moon

America is doing exactly what it has to do, we arent going to fund a terrorist group directly Moon.

Hamas was given clear steps it needed to take in order to get funding. They refuse to do them and they knew at what cost.

That money is more than likely going to be shifted from the government to other aid organisations. Its unlikely the palestinian people will fail to get aid in the long run.

No, Bruce, the Palestinians are doing the right thing. Resistance first, then talk;

America, having welched on the aid package , are now threatening other States not to assist Palestine. At the same time, America assists Israel, even though the UN charter states that members should not assist countries in breach of UN resolutions. That is rank hypocrisy.

How could anybody negotiate with such cheats ?

Well moon. I can honestly say I would not finance a someone who vowed to violently resist me. Duhhhhhhhhh. So when they feel they are done resisting, then let them seek money from the very people they resist.

When they can "peacefully" sit down and talk to those they want money from, then there is a possibilty for future funding. Until that happens then indeed the US and Isreal are doing the right thing.

Would you give your neighbor money if his goal was to burn down your art galleries? :lol:

Curious which UN resolution gives Hamas and other Palestinians the right to use "terrorism" to achieve it's goals of ridding the Holy land of infidels and Jews?

Edited by Bruce

Well, when you look back and see how far 'negotiating' with the Israelis has gotten the Palestinians to date........( precisely nowhere ).......can you wonder if Hamas say 'Shove it' ? Also you don't negotiate with a robber in your house, whether the robber calls you a terrorist or not.

Anyway, America has the right to stop aid to Palestine. Democracy there will survive without American money. How about threatening everybody else to stop aid too though ? Nasty pieces of work, your Zionist Republicans, ain't they :lol:

Edited by moon

I beg to differ. The Palestinians are paying back aid earmarked for infrastructure.

I beg to differ again. You can't make land 'concessions' to somebody with their own land and Israel has seen to it that dialogue will fail.

Edited by moon

The Palestinians are paying back aid earmarked for infrastructure.

The money will end up in the hands of Hamas moon, The US at this point simply cant allow that.

It has been said that the money will still go into palestine, just not through a Hamas controlled government that still supports terrorism and calls for the destruction of Israel.