Gaza; The Muslim Alamo

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forced relocation

Meanwhile, hundreds of Palestinians inside the Green Line have taken part in a rally to protest against Israeli plans to relocate Arabs from the Negev desert in southern Israel.

The Israeli government plans to move the inhabitants of 45 Arab villages Israel does not recognise. It seeks to group the villagers in cantons particularly established for this purpose.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/F37...FCC40774843.htm

This is expressly against the Geneva Conventions and a crime against humanity. It is ethnic cleansing and behaviour not fitting a nation which calls itself a civilised democracy. It is abhorent that any Western society could support this brutality, financially or emotionally. It was just such contemptuous treatment of Arab villages which caused the first war in 1948.

Forced relocation results in the disruption of the relationship between the relocated community and the natural, social, economic, and cultural environments upon which its means of livelihood are based. The loss of a people's base threatens the continuity of its traditions and practices as well as endangers its cultural survival. In addition, the conditions of the new locations often imperil the physical survival of relocated populations. The vice president of the World Council of Indigenous Peoples underscored the destructive consequences of the displacement of Indigenous Peoples from their land when he stated: "Next to shooting Indigenous Peoples, the surest way to kill us is to separate us from our part of the Earth."

http://www.wcl.american.edu/hrbrief/09/3genocide.cfm

Edited by moon

they are fanatic idiots on some matters... and it don't help their cause

fanatics on all sides of the fence ..... looks like the start of a civil war from where Im sitting

I have this recurring nightmare. I'm emotionally delivering my State of the Onion speech and when I open my eyes I'm addressing the geriatric wing of the Friends of Zion asylum.

I have this recurring nightmare. I'm emotionally delivering my State of the Onion speech and when I open my eyes I'm addressing the geriatric wing of the Friends of Zion asylum.

:geezer:

Now where ever did you get that from?

You ain't an Israeli, Mate?

:pullhair::sparkle::rofl2::sparkle:

Edited by Drovers Dog

I'm all for a period US retraction from world politics- we got enough problems sneaking in under the radar here at home that warrent serious attention....

Guess it's easier to remove the mote from our 'brothers' eyes then the sties from our own.

I'm all for a period US retraction from world politics- we got enough problems sneaking in under the radar here at home that warrent serious attention....

Guess it's easier to remove the mote from our 'brothers' eyes then the sties from our own.

I disagree. There is a need for political intervention. It would make a refreshing change from bombs and bullets. Probably be more effective too.

I disagree. There is a need for political intervention. It would make a refreshing change from bombs and bullets. Probably be more effective too.

Thats the problem..ya can't reason with fanatics on either side of the conflict...politics or any other subject.

And fanatical idiots are in control on both sides.

I understand why you might think that V, but people were saying exactly the same thing about the British and Irish fanatics just a few short years back. It can be done, but it won't be painless. We need leaders with a little less faith in arms and a lot more heart.

I understand why you might think that V, but people were saying exactly the same thing about the British and Irish fanatics just a few short years back. It can be done, but it won't be painless. We need leaders with a little less faith in arms and a lot more heart.

I hope your right... but I'm washing my hands of that mess...they want to kill each other..I'm gong to let them..

I'm done dumping money and efforts into that damn morass of a region...they can just go to hell.

Thats the problem..ya can't reason with fanatics on either side of the conflict...politics or any other subject.

And fanatical idiots are in control on both sides.

Fanatics fight because they want something, they can be reasoned with.

Fanatics by definition are extremists and as such can't normally be reasoned with i.e. they are not reasonable people.

Continual war to the inevitable destruction of one side or the other - or both sides is the logical conclusion.

The illogical conclusion is that the rest of us will get sucked into it.

Fanatics by definition are extremists and as such can't normally be reasoned with i.e. they are not reasonable people.

Continual war to the inevitable destruction of one side or the other - or both sides is the logical conclusion.

The illogical conclusion is that the rest of us will get sucked into it.

In my homeland, the IRA finally gave up.

The current situation regards the Irish problems puts that theory in doubt, doesn't it?

Imagine the PLO trying to organise a fife and drum march in Tel Aviv....

bbc

Posted Image

Edited by reggie perrin

cant now...maybe ...innit.... 'cause its glorification

maybe the murals will come down too .................my :filtered:

Posted Image

The current situation regards the Irish problems puts that theory in doubt, doesn't it?

Nothing to do with doors being closed in the whitehouse after 9/11 and the money well drying up after the US got a taste of what the IRA does ..?

and maybe the Irish american vote/political funding was not as important to Shrub as it was to slick Willie ..?

Edited by Tankus

Hamas lists Israel recognition terms

"Let Israel say it will recognise a Palestinian state along the 1967 borders, release the prisoners and recognise the rights of the refugees to return to Israel. Hamas will have a position if this occurs," Haniya said.

Israel withdrew from the Gaza Strip in September after a 38-year occupation but has vowed to hold onto East Jerusalem and major West Bank settlements and never allow millions of Palestinians abroad to flood into Israel.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/A67...6CF999C5A7B.htm

Reasonable requests on the one hand, backed by international treaty and law, entrenched illegality on the other , backed by American taxes and weaponry.

Let's remember this moment when the propaganda machinery starts again to label the Palestinians as terrorists for rejecting Israeli 'peace advances'.

Let's remember this moment when the propaganda machinery starts again

As predicted, the financial suffocation of the Palestinian state under Hamas is unsustainable. Local states (Iran) have hastened provide stop-gap funding for Palestine while this thing is sorted out

I

Edited by Iain

Reasonable requests on the one hand, backed by international treaty and law, entrenched illegality on the other , backed by American taxes and weaponry.

Let's remember this moment when the propaganda machinery starts again to label the Palestinians as terrorists for rejecting Israeli 'peace advances'.

The label has never been removed, nor should it be

The label has never been removed, nor should it be

I think it has. The Internet, with its access to a whole spectrum of thruths, has managed to undo fifty years of Israeli propaganda in less than ten. You'd have to be seriously historically challenged , these days, to believe that the Arabs started the 1948 war or that the Israelis were innocent of terrorism. All the facts are accessible, the Israeli viewpoint, the Palestinian viewpoint and the general consensus drawn from the two.

No resident of an invaded territory should ever have to wear the brand 'terrorist' because he fights back.