Gaza; The Muslim Alamo

It's counterproductive for Hamas to engage in any violence at this point. That in itself is an advantage of the Palestinian election result which the Israelis are blind to. However, they will continue to goad and subvert. It will be interesting to see how that plays out too.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im less interested in seeing if Hamas itself engages in violence at this point than I am in seeing if they move to stop violence/terrorism by other radical groups within the palestinian lands. This will show their dedication to politics and peace more than anything else.

Edited by one2gamble

We've been here before, wuntu. What you suggest is impossible. No government anywhere can halt internal violence, not even yours. Bush couldn't prevent gun killings in America if the entire resources of the nation were dedicated to only that task. This ' halt violence or we won't talk to you' rubbish is an excuse for prevarication.

did I say halt it, I said move to stop it. All that means is action rather than inaction

Its not rubbish to call for a terrorist group to renounce terrorism in order to be treated as a politico

Edited by one2gamble

More sanity;

The European Union will seek ways to fund the Palestinian Authority when EU foreign ministers meet on Monday, to prevent its financial collapse now Israel is withholding PA tax revenue, EU officials said.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/17B...9647F15ED77.htm

More terrorism;

Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas on Friday appealed to the United Nations Security Council and the Quartet of major peace mediators - the United States, the European Union, the UN and Russia - to intervene to halt Israeli military operations in the West Bank city of Nablus.

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/686123.html

Charity starts at home.

:rofl2:

Yep, take all the Money off a Beggar, he will get more, as is his Right!

When a Country does it to another one? (Remember they Recognised Palistine to give it to them, in the first Place?) then removes that Support. It is Fair for that Country to seek Support from Other Countries!

Why Whinge if the Support comes from Countries not Alligned with yours?

:sparkle::rofl2::sparkle:

'Palestinian Authority'....I find that phrase laughable...they have none.

They are a lost cause until they come to grips with reality... bless um... :lol: v

:pullhair::pullhair:

Therein lies the Catch, Mate?

Why is the USA withdrawing Aid to them, If they don't Exist?

Bit of double Shuffling of the Pack, once again?

If USA and Israel are not careful? They could end up "Shags on a Rock", Mate! (All by their Lonesome!)

:sparkle::wub::sparkle:

Edited by Drovers Dog

:pullhair::pullhair:

Therein lies the Catch, Mate?

Why is the USA withdrawing Aid to them, If they don't Exist?

Bit of double Shuffling of the Pack, once again?

Never said they didn't exist... its just that lots of them don't think very clearly...well lets be a little more clear here... they are fanatic idiots on some matters... and it don't help their cause.

Never said they didn't exist... its just that lots of them don't think very clearly...well lets be a little more clear here... they are fanatic idiots on some matters... and it don't help their cause.

Volt?

Americans are Different to them? Who is Fanatical Here?

Meant it really Nicely, needs to be said, Mate!

v;

they are fanatic idiots on some matters... and it don't help their cause.

Some are, can't argue with that. They would be better off diverting funds from the IOF and trying to prevent a creeping theocracy in the US of A.

"We see Christians in the United States as true friends and important supporters on the basis of shared values, and we welcome their efforts to strengthen the ties between Israel and the U.S.," Israeli Ambassador to the United States Danny Ayalon said Wednesday.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/686241.html

Hey..I got no use for either side in that conflict..they both suck.

I'm sick and tired of my tax money going anywhere near that region of the world...

As far as I'm concerned they can blow each other up all to hell and back..I'm done with the idiots over there and they can stuff it. :) v

Hey..I got no use for either side in that conflict..they both suck.

I'm sick and tired of my tax money going anywhere near that region of the world...

As far as I'm concerned they can blow each other up all to hell and back..I'm done with the idiots over there and they can stuff it. :) v

Guess that's why I really LOVE SOME YANKS, Mate!

:geezer:

OMG,

Just shows where the money goes in the Area?

I Reckon the Palistinian People should take the Muslem Money, Mate!

They are Better off!

Bring on WW3!

Wonder who will Drop the First Big One?

Doesn't really Matter, it will be all over in Minutes, We can just kiss our Arses Good Bye!

Edited by Drovers Dog

v;

I'll send you a money order for whatever ya want moon...them folks over in the mideast would get nothing If I had my way. v

Thanks bud, but you need to be spending it at home;

37 million poor hidden in the land of plenty

Americans have always believed that hard work will bring rewards, but vast numbers now cannot meet their bills even with two or three jobs. More than one in 10 citizens live below the poverty line, and the gap between the haves and have-nots is widening

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/world/story...1712965,00.html

I agree with you, I'd not bankroll the Middle East either. There are enough obscenely wealthy countries there to bankroll us, not the other way around. They can bankroll Israel too, why not ? Israel has enough military hardware to provide an umbrella for the lot of them.

v;

Thanks bud, but you need to be spending it at home;

I agree with you, I'd not bankroll the Middle East either. There are enough obscenely wealthy countries there to bankroll us, not the other way around. They can bankroll Israel too, why not ? Israel has enough military hardware to provide an umbrella for the lot of them.

Moon...Thats why I'm sick and tired of throwing money at that sinkhole we call the middle east...I'm done being nice about it too...this country had better get its priorities in order..and it had better be right soon. :) v

Too right, the sooner the better. How about a show of diplomatic fair play though ? I mean , the US recently voted around $600 million to the Israeli military and this is the money you've just taken back from the Palestinians;

August 2005;

The US government transfered $50 million to the Palestinian Authority in a ceremony in Ramallah on 24 August. The money will go mainly to housing restoration, roads, water facilities, schools and health clinics.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/784...1B0EA716532.htm

Not cricket, old bean. :lol:

Too right, the sooner the better. How about a show of diplomatic fair play though ? I mean , the US recently voted around $600 million to the Israeli military and this is the money you've just taken back from the Palestinians;

August 2005;

Not cricket, old bean. :lol:

:geezer:

Moon? GWB has Rocks for a Brain?

Anyone that Mucks about in that Area has!

If GWB got his Butt outa there the World would just Relax, Mate!

At the Moment, The World is ready for WW3, All Missiles are aimed at America!

Nice for a SUPER POWER to hear?

Edited by Drovers Dog

john 9:25

Yep, you may as well Qoute the Bible, Mate, Your Leader, was not so thoughtfull?

He Insisted, like UK and Aussies, it was WMD!

He got you into it? Just wear what the World thinks about you Fellows!

I am an Aussie, so I wear it too!

Edited by Drovers Dog