Gaza; The Muslim Alamo

Yes- point conceded, however it stands that the relationship with Isreal is still more stable from a strategic point of view than with any existing Arab nation.

There are some that bear consideration (UAE, Qatar as examples) because of their willingness to participate in the world community cooperatively and peacefully.

IIRC Palestine was a judgement error made by old Lawrence who reasoned that making promises of territory to a couple of previously feuding royal cousins to buy a short term military alliance wasn't a bad idea as it would be likely that one or more would be eliminated before it came time to uphold the claims... My clarity of memory on the subject isn't great but my Prof. of Islamic Civ got the basic principles of the conflict across quite well.

The present conflict stems from the fact that a particular branch of that family basically was betrayed and their 'legitimate' claim denied... the groups have sprung from that.

-Should say: "Point taken"

The tricky part is that now we are pretty well in bed with whatever political decendants of the Zionists are in place and it is apparently more trouble than it's worth to back out on them... In reality there are very few middle eastern nations with whom the US should be trying to make good. The above mentioned examples are perhaps the few that are emerging successfully... I hope current policy makers to try to meddle with their internal politics anymore than they have.

Edited by FrankenBox
  • Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes- point conceded, however it stands that the relationship with Isreal is still more stable from a strategic point of view than with any existing Arab nation.

It didn't have to be. America's guilt begins with American Zionists seeing a quick and easy slice of someone else's territory.

The record needs to be set straight before a permanent resolution can found.

Just about to go forward and read the couple of days I've missed but I feel it's necessary to respond to this sentiment.

I think you're wrong. And I'll say this to Jews and Muslims and Americans and Canadians and Tibetans and Chinese and Pakistanis and Indians and whoever else wants to listen: Justice is a mature ambition. It does not consist of settling scores.

Somebody's got to make the first move and it won't be the president or prime minister. It'll be us. Sooner or later, it'll be us. It always is. As it should be.

I

Edited by Iain

Just about to go forward and read the couple of days I've missed but I feel it's necessary to respond to this sentiment.

I think you're wrong. And I'll say this to Jews and Muslims and Americans and Canadians and Tibetans and Chinese and Pakistanis and Indians and whoever else wants to listen: Justice is a mature ambition. It does not consist of settling scores.

Somebody's got to make the first move and it won't be the president or prime minister. It'll be us. Sooner or later, it'll be us. It always is. As it should be.

I

:geezer:

Are you siding with Moons edemoracy? I certainly do!

:sparkle::rofl2::sparkle:

Nothing wrong with a bit of Socio-moralising. :lol: Here's a good example;

The ( Israeli) forces fired rubber coated bullets and sprayed tear gas at the protesters. The protest delayed construction work at the site by several hours.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/686587.html

This kind of brutality is, apparently, one of the shared values of American Christians;

( Remember, the wall is illegal and the International Court of Justice have ruled that it be demolished, NOT continued )

"We see Christians in the United States as true friends and important supporters on the basis of shared values, and we welcome their efforts to strengthen the ties between Israel and the U.S.," Israeli Ambassador to the United States Danny Ayalon said Wednesday.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/686241.html

Some American Christians ought to club together for Mr. Danny Ayalon's return ticket. :lol:

Edited by moon

Well, as long as we limit the topic of conversation to Politico/Economic debate, and not Socio-Moralistic stances I think we are all good to go.

I like the idea of River Rafting though.

I am thinking of forming a River Rafting edemocracy Club for Moon, anone interested? PM me!

:sparkle::wub::sparkle:

I don't think soft so much as on common ground in principle...

I think generally everyone agrees that what the Palestinians and Irealis are doing too eachother is bad... understandable and even in a bizarre perspective justifieable, but still bad.

OTOH, I think that there is still plenty of room for contention over who needs to recieve a share of the blame.

Drover is just suggesting a big raft trip so we can eventually push eachother over the gunwales and laugh.

I don't think soft so much as on common ground in principle...

I think generally everyone agrees that what the Palestinians and Irealis are doing too eachother is bad... understandable and even in a bizarre perspective justifieable, but still bad.

OTOH, I think that there is still plenty of room for contention over who needs to recieve a share of the blame.

Drover is just suggesting a big raft trip so we can eventually push eachother over the gunwales and laugh.

:rofl2:

You got me there, Mate!

Only way to resolve this Garbage is for a few Really Adventurists to go onto a Wild River Trip, Mate!

Don't know where there we can get it?

good thing, too...you wouldn't be coming back in one piece if ya did. :lol:

hollow points can do wonders. put a canvas behind your head, and it'd be modern art. :lol:

:P

Nice thinking people like you really help this World, Mate!

Maybe that is because it is so screwed up?

Edited by Drovers Dog

Slurring Hamas, Part 1;

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/686833.html

Now I don't have any proof that Hamas are not supporting the firing of Quassam rockets and attempting to import longer-range rockets into Israel. The again, I haven't seen any proof that they are. There certainy isn't any in this article. What this article needs is some reference to evidence or a large IMO at the top.

From the same Israeli newspaper, same day;

The declaration of calm in the territories in January 2005 involved two senior partners: Hamas, which forced members to abstain from terror attacks, and the Palestinian Authority,..

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/686831.html

Edited by moon

Slurring Hamas, Part 1;

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/686833.html

Now I don't have any proof that Hamas are not supporting the firing of Quassam rockets and attempting to import longer-range rockets into Israel. The again, I haven't seen any proof that they are. There certainy isn't any in this article. What this article needs is some reference to evidence or a large IMO at the top.

From the same Israeli newspaper, same day;

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/686831.html

One can only Wonder, Mate!