Gaza; The Muslim Alamo

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the term 'terrorist' stays

Point taken, but Hamas has a chance to do something good. And so does Israel and the US. A linguistic tripwire shouldn't deprive them of that opportunity.

I

Point taken, but Hamas has a chance to do something good. And so does Israel and the US. A linguistic tripwire shouldn't deprive them of that opportunity.

I

:pullhair:

Iain?

The World has a real oppertunity to do something here, Mate!

If the Morons will just step back a bit, it can Happen, Mate!

What happens there is the way that the World will be after it!

GOD HELP US ALL!, Mate!

:sparkle::wub::sparkle:

I

I believe that until the world opens its eyes and minds to the fact that the professional terrorists are not those wearing turbans, any 'good' done in the region will be temporary and built upon shifting sands without foundations. The record needs to be set straight before a permanent resolution can found. The sense of injustice runs far too deep through the Muslim world for anything less to stand a chance...

The good peoples of the region, Arab & Jew, deserve nothing less.

Edited by Sir T Fireball

:sparkle:

I believe that until the world opens its eyes and minds to the fact that the professional terrorists are not those wearing turbans, any 'good' done in the region will be temporary and built upon shifting sands without foundations. The record needs to be set straight before a permanent resolution can found. The sense of injustice runs far too deep through the Muslim world for anything less to stand a chance...

The good peoples of the region, Arab & Jew, deserve nothing less.

:pullhair:

You said it, Mate!

Jew and Arab!

Don't care what you all think! If Both JEW and ARAB are not Happy, the World will not be Happy!

No in between on this one!

:sparkle:

Iran's supreme leader has called on Muslims worldwide to provide money to the Palestinians.

During talks on Monday with Hamas, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei told Khalid Mishaal, the movement's political leader: "We must make a plan so all Muslims will be able to supply the Palestinians with a yearly financial aid package."

"This voluntary gesture will create a spiritual bond among Muslims and the Palestinian cause and have a great impact on the world," he said.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/391...88A2ABAA5F0.htm

Isn't that precisely what Jimmy Carter said would happen just three days ago ? Subjecting Palestine to economic terrorism was a really, really dumb idea. From the point of view of unifying Muslims worldwide and creating an 'Alamo' out of Palestine it was a brilliant idea. As long as America allows Israel to set American policy in the Middle East this ineptitude will continue.

Related;

Hamas opens talks with factions

Haniya seeks secular groups' support

Edited by moon

Thats what should have been happening FOREVER...these are afterall their "brothers" and the main reason for their "struggle". The one thing I can say is that they better hope for their own sake that the money doesnt go towards the funding of terrorism/suicide bombers.

Edited by one2gamble

Thats what should have been happening FOREVER...these are afterall their "brothers" and the main reason for their "struggle". The one thing I can say is that they better hope for their own sake that the money doesnt go towards the funding of terrorism/suicide bombers.

For their sake? What is the US going to do, nuke the whole Middle East?

Well, the use of nuclear weapons is the grand-daddy of all suicide bombings. Anybody that seriously suggests their use is the grand-daddy of all terrorists. Anybody working on a 'clean' nuclear weapon ought to be arrested. Now.

Should it turn out that Hamas run a good ship, even after America and Israel have taken their toys home in a huff, it's probable that it will be the Terrible Twins which find themselves in isolation, not Hamas. That's situation normal, is it not ?

killed hundreds of thousands of innocent Japanese, whats another couple million innocent arabs eh?

exactly

:pullhair::pullhair:

You know a Comment like this, one2gamble really shows your Immaturity, Mate!

You should just realise that the moment just ONE Nuke is dropped in that Area, 1000's will be headed to an Area near YOU!

What's you gunna do then, Boy! Just Nuke them Back?

The World is much BIGGER than the US of A.

:sparkle::rofl2::sparkle:

Edited by Drovers Dog

The discussion isn't going to end with American nukes, I'm sure.

Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak gave no ground to U.S. attempts to isolate the militant Hamas organization and told Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on Wednesday it was imperative to continue support for

the Palestinian leadership.

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/686052.html

Walk like an Egyptian.

:pullhair::pullhair:

You know a Comment like this, one2gamble really shows your Immaturity, Mate!

and your post shows your ignorance, do you think I am serious about a desire to nuke all the arabs

Moon,

Support for Hamas from Arab countries is good. I just hope they are putting pressure on them behind closed doors (almost positive) to end their support for terrorism (just for you moon) and continue their "cease" fire.

At this point I dont have a problem with the isolation of Hamas, I do have a problem if all aid to palestine gets cut off. I dont want it to go through the government at this point until Hamas proves it will play politics and not terrorist. Yes they do have to prove it moon and I hope they do. Short of their militant wing they have done much for the palestinian people from what I understand.

that's the charter of hamas. in it, it states that israel has no right to exist, and they will take the land back.

i don't think the israeli charter says anything similar to that in regard to palestine.

They don't acknowledge Palestine as a State, of course it won't state anything like that :rolleyes:

its not a state

If you mean that Palestine is not a legal State under international law then you are supporting the authority of international law. However, Israel is in breach of international law, by occupying Palestine and numerous other important issues, so you must agree with me when I say that Israel should comply with international law. You are a supporter of international law, by your own admission.

On the other hand, without international law you would be correct in saying that Palestine 'is not a State' because, without international law, Palestine is an autonomous region in which Israel is a synthetic introduction which has no right to exist.

In short, you can't ( nor can anybody ) use the authority of international law against the Palestinians and simultaneously ignore it in support of the Israelis. You'd have been caught out in an hypocrisy.

Badbinary;

that's the charter of hamas. in it, it states that israel has no right to exist, and they will take the land back.

Who wrote that charter then ? I don't see any signature on it. How is it applied ? Do all Hamas members have a little parchment reference scroll in the folds of their kaftans ? Is the original carved on a stone tablet ? Where's the original kept so that your source could make a copy of it ? Is it copyrighted ? If not, what's to stop anybody changing bits of it at will ? If the answer to that is 'nothing' then why don't you change the bits that you find offensive yourself ? If in fact you like the offensive bits then why keep asking for them to be changed ? Why not write your own charter and sign it 'Hamas'. Nobody would know it wasn't theirs.

What did you think to 'The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion' ? Hamas could learn something from that. Make your charter long enough and no bugger will take the trouble to read it. :rofl2:

Edited by moon

I have never argued that Israel shouldnt obey international law so dont even go there, but Palestine is in fact not a state so it cant be "occupied" in that sense nor should it be refered to in that sense as it grants rights to that land and its leaders that it simply does not have.

If the region was "autonomous" Israels right to exist would be judged on its ability to defend its borders....which it does in fact have.

Who wrote that charter then ?

It is simple fact that the Hamas charter does in fact call for the destruction of Israel, you cant question that.

Edited by one2gamble

have never argued that Israel shouldnt obey international law so dont even go there, but Palestine is in fact not a state so it cant be "occupied" in that sense nor should it be refered to in that sense as it grants rights to that land and its leaders that it simply does not have.

Put another way, it is illegal for Israel to occupy any territory not recognised as Israeli territory under the Resolution which granted Israel UN membership. That includes any part of Palestine. What you are missing are the other aspects of international law not found on maps, in particular, the Geneva Conventions and human rights laws. These do imbue the Palestinians with precisely those rights which you attempt to deny them.

When you consider how important it is, to the Zionist extremists and their American backers, that the Geneva Conventions and humanitarian law are ignored you start to get some idea of the scale of damage that we could all suffer if they are allowed to win. It isn't just a matter of a State for the Palestinians. It never has been.

It is simple fact that the Hamas charter does in fact call for the destruction of Israel, you cant question that.

Oh yes I can. I demand to see a Hamas charter written by the lot that's just been elected . This other stuff being bandied about lacks the authenticity of the here and now. Edited by moon

written by the lot thats just been elected?

I demand you to show me the US constitution that was written by the lot in office

These do imbue the Palestinians with precisely those rights which you attempt to deny them.

no I am not attempting to deny them anything of the sort

Edited by one2gamble

When you consider how important it is, to the Zionist extremists and their American backers, that the Geneva Conventions and humanitarian law are ignored you start to get some idea of the scale of damage that we could all suffer if they are allowed to win.

I couldn't argue that point in anyway, and would even concede that it appears the each time a Palastinean youth gets out of hand and throws rocks and bottles at Isreali tanks (not exactly a bright idea but...) they usually end up paying for it in blood.

The only problem with this argument is that this is a relatively recent conflict, and that this corner of the world has been at odds with America since it's inception so it is relatively logical that we would back a relatively stable ally we went to the trouble of installing... Even without US backing of Isreal or any other western meddling it is historically justified to assume that there would still be conflict widespread throughout the region

It certainly is an interesting development that a democratically elected body (...ooh our fearless leader's ideal...) has grown from a terrorist organization; and the Irony is certainly not lost, but it only time will tell if the situation is for the best.

Perhaps the UK would care to enlighten us all? Their experience with the IRA should be quite valuable here.

As it happens, Frankenbox, it wasn't America who installed the Israelis at all, it was the Brits. ( I'm sure you'll be pleased to be found 'not guilty' of something :lol: ) Also, Arabs and Jews had coexisted there, in relative harmony, for many generations prior to the region being 'partitioned' by the Brits. It is simply the fact that Israel is synthetic which has brought about the wars. The trouble is territorial, not racial, not religious. The 'religious' cause is a deception which suits the land-hungry.

Badbinary, are you blind ?

By Daniel Jonah Goldhagen

Do me a favour. :lol:

wuntu;

written by the lot thats just been elected?

I demand you to show me the US constitution that was written by the lot in office

Yeah, but Hamas are more progressive than your lot. :lol: Edited by moon