Change Mode

Need your RAID scores in ATTO

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just sold my last raptor, so will be watching this thread carefully and will make a decision soon on what drives to get.

Still need Ray to post his 4 WD SATA2s :pullhair:

Ok, thanks everyone, I am putting all the data together and I will post the results and what they are showing in a little while. I will also ask Dave to have a look at these results as I feel it would be a truer test of different RAID systems using an over lapped I/O benchmark.

Please feel free to keep posting results as I can add as I go.

X_C

Edited by X_C

looks good Jackel, is that sata 1 or sata II?

thanks ocean....they are the older sata 1, 250gb, 16mb cache drives.

they have been in 3 different setups and formatted about a million times over the last 2 years. :P

Edited by JackeL

thanks ocean....they are the older sata 1, 250gb, 16mb cache drives.

they have been in 3 different setups and formatted about a million times over the last 2 years. :P

Awesome! I remember them in your other system. I'm putting together a sli system very soon. Have everything but the sli card :( and still waiting. I am going to use these current 80 gb WD snd bought two more for the new rig, Will see soon how 4 of them run in raid O. :P

Hmmm, here's my 4x74GB Raptors with Restore off. . . I'm not sure what's wrong. The left score was my first run. Then I tried disabling TCQ on all the controllers (and restarted) like OneCool suggested, but then I got the score on the right. . . . Does this mean that I probably have one or two bad drives? :blink:

Posted Image

Edited by Revivalist

I don't think so Revivalist. My 4x74 gig Raptors looked exactly the same way. Did a couple of drive tests on them and they passed fine. Must be something with the configuration or type of test. Didn't see any difference with NCQ on or off.

Hmmm . . . That's a bummer. I guess these Raptors don't rank even close to the top performers after all. Edited by Revivalist

I don't think so Revivalist. My 4x74 gig Raptors looked exactly the same way. Did a couple of drive tests on them and they passed fine. Must be something with the configuration or type of test. Didn't see any difference with NCQ on or off.

Are you still running the C: partition blank?

Choose a different partition that has your OS installed on it...maybe :shrug:

Hmmm . . . That's a bummer. I guess these Raptors don't rank even close to the top performers after all.

I just cant believe that...I think its just the configuration... theres just to many ways to setup your rig and not everyone has there optimised to run this particular way with ATTO.