Change Mode

Good day Pit>>I have I just got dsl in the house with a wireless router in which I have 5 computers in the house with 802.11g & b >>OS XP on all>>>>out of the 5 only 2 will not go to the net but it connect to the router. I check the setting on the others to see if it match with the 2 and sofar it looks the the same but Iam sure that iam messing something out and I can't pinpoint what it is and iam asking you guys for help now lol :crash:

are they all using sp2, also is wep incryption enabled, if so did you enter the key on those machines?

what is the router specs and how many pc's are on the wire?

Yes SP2>>one PC on the wire>>I really dont know anything about Wep so you might have to walk me thru>>The router is a SIEMENS SpeedStream 6520.............802.11b/g

Yes SP2>>one PC on the wire>>I really dont know anything about Wep so you might have to walk me thru>>The router is a SIEMENS SpeedStream 6520.............802.11b/g

access the router, type 192.168.0.1 in your browser, or if different type it, then a dialog will appear, type in admin and password if needed, most of the time a router can be accessed by typing admin, browse the wireless settings and look for wep, if its not enabled you should be able to connect without a key, but thats not good because anyone can access your router and or network.

if names, numbers and password are different check the routers manual

:)

access the router, type 192.168.0.1 in your browser, or if different type it, then a dialog will appear, type in admin and password if needed, most of the time a router can be accessed by typing admin, browse the wireless settings and look for wep, if its not enabled you should be able to connect without a key, but thats not good because anyone can access your router and or network.

if names, numbers and password are different check the routers manual

ok i will try that

From

http://whirlpool.net.au/index.cfm?a=h_view&model_id=279

here are the default settings to get into the router:

Default IP address 10.0.0.138

Default admin username admin

Default admin password admin

Try turning OFF the WEP and see if it works - if it does re do the WEP setup on the router and then on all the wireles pc's.

if not try running a winsock fix to get the computers up and running

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enh...ck-XP-Fix.shtml

:rofl2: Thanks alot guys for your help you gave me after all the fix you guys gave me it was my fault why the system didnt connect>>The reason why is I had the DHCP Client disable>>so I set it to Auto and start it and whapp Iam connect :thud: :beer: :beer: :beer: :) so Iam good to go now.