Sign in to follow this  
moon

In a democracy......

I'm not the one making big statements.

And then denouncing freedom fighters on one hand and supporting terrorists on the other.

as soon as there is a willing party to deal with and not kill them... they just might

they have already shown that with the gaza strip

How generous of them. They gave back a piece of that which they stole. :rolleyes:

The onus is on the law breaker Israel, not the victim. OUT!

apparently, not all of the irish felt that way, sending in human bombers to get the brits out of ireland?

so what would you have done with the Protestants ...?

fair?

I have yet to see a country that is "occupied" have a fair balloting. ;)

The imigrants I have spoken with would disagree with your idea of fair.

I think the immigrants you met in Boston bars, collecting for the next shipment of semtex may have been a tad biased :P

what's your view on a freedom fighter? a terrorist?

oh ya...freedom fighters actually engauge in armed combat, terrorist terroize civilians

Here is an example I can give...

I take money from Tom.... $300

now he demands it back.

I give him $100 and then he says wait a moment and gets George.

George says he wants the rest of it and puts a gun to my head. He also says that when I am finished paying, he is going to kill me anyway.....

I dont know about you guys.... but I am running. Since standing there is definately death. I will not pay the rest back.

I owe it to him... ok , I can admit that but I am not paying it back while george is around with the gun. sorry. Tell george to put down the gun and tell me he is not going to kill me and you can have the rest. meanwhile.. I am not going anywhere near you and protecting myself.

I guess some of you would have chosen to stay there and give ALL the money back and are now dead...

I guess not paying and being alive to me is better then paying and being dead

I'm not the one making big statements.

And then denouncing freedom fighters on one hand and supporting terrorists on the other.

I am not condemning one or the other for "fighting" in what they believe.

I am condemning the methods one of them uses.

You consider Hamas freedom fighters, and the IRA terrorists?

Would like to carefully explain the differences, and what makes one freedom fighters, and the other terrorosts.

Does it have anything to do with that 2000 year old American policy? :laughing:

Edited by Bruce

well you took the money ..... don't you have the death penalty out there for criminals ...?

well you took the money ..... don't you have the death penalty out there for criminals ...?

Criminals that took innocent lives whilst carrying out their robbery.

and what makes one freedom fighters, and the other terrorists

maybe we could just call them all ... insurgents ...?

what's your view on a freedom fighter? a terrorist?

oh ya...freedom fighters actually engauge in armed combat, terrorist terroize civilians

So your definition makes Israel terrorists too. Unless you want to deny that Israel has targeted civillians :huh:

Nope not good enough Tankus. I want to know where the differences are. One was called a terrorist group and one freedon fighters.

I want the folks making those statements to explain their theory of what makes the two groups so different.

I am not condemning one or the other for "fighting" in what they believe.

I am condemning the methods one of them uses.

You consider Hamas freedom fighters, and the IRA terrorists?

Would like to carefully explain the differences, and what makes one freedom fighters, and the other terrorosts.

Does it have anything to do with that 2000 year old American policy? :laughing:

OK Bruce, I'll bite. Hamas/Palestine is wrong to use children as human bombs. Now, taking that out of the equation, on which side would you stand in this saga?

I haven't heard of isrealis going into busy markets with bombs on themselves and killing wimen and children

not for theft especially when willing to pay it back

we have restraining orders when we feel our lives are in jeopardy too... so whats your point

Edited by hftmrock

Where in one single post that I made did I use the word terrorist in descrbing these people SirT, direct ne to the post where I said it. ;)

I did not say they were terrorists, I said they were scum, low lifes, and a few other things becuse of their methods.

I rarely if ever use the word terrorist.

Where in one single post that I made did I use the word terrorist in descrbing these people SirT, direct ne to the post where I said it. ;)

I did not say they were terrorists, I said they were scum, low lifes, and a few other things becuse of their methods.

I rarely if ever use the word terrorist.

Did I say you did? ;)

not for theft especially when willing to pay it back

we have restraining orders when we feel our lives are in jeopardy too... so whats your point

..but they killed during the act of theft. It ain't just theft ;)

Whats sad here is I think some people here see both sides doing wrong. Some only see one side..... Real sad

:blink:

You slap me so I slap you back...you saying we would both be equally wrong?

Nope not good enough Tankus. I want to know where the differences are. One was called a terrorist group and one freedon fighters.

heh ....I was taking a leaf out of US of A 's difficulty with the words

I guess the definition wholly depends on whose side you are on...?

I want the folks making those statements to explain their theory of what makes the two groups so different.

Can we first go back to what 'means' and 'devices' you're prepared to use.

For the record I was paraphrasing a certain US president who said that one man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist. Trying to put into perspective your feeble support of the IRA - who I think have now renounced violence and now shamed all their supporters for their folly.