Sign in to follow this  
spotswood47

Can't delete 56248~~OPTIMIZE-SETUP-V14

I just bought Optimize. It would not download from the order page even with Norton Internet Security disabled. But I did get an empty file, 56248~~OPTIMIZE-SETUP-V14 each time I tried to save it. I ultimately got a good download from the customer service page and ran the app. And restarted the computer.

When I try to delete the empty file 56248~~OPTIMIZE-SETUP-V14, I get the msg that the program is in use by another and cannot be deleted.

Any suggestions?

Reboot and then try deleting it. Let me know if you still can not remove the file.

Thanks,

Keith

Same result after second reboot. "A person or program is using this file. Close any programs that may be using the file and try again."

I can't imagine what programs widows thinks is using the file.

Still cannot delete.

This seems like this is more of a Windows error than an Optimize error.

You might want to try booting into Safe-Mode then deleting the file.

If you don't know how to boot into safe mode...

Reboot your computer. When your computer shows the first screen you see (called the Post screen) repeatedly press the F8 key. A menu should appear with a list of options on how to boot. Select the one "Boot into Safe Mode". By booting in Safe-Mode, windows loads only the bare minimal to run your computer. This means that whatever is using that file should not be loaded. You should be able to delete the file. Once the file is deleted, just reboot your computer to load Windows normally.