Sign in to follow this  
Bruce

Man goes on trial for murder

:rolleyes: I'm gonna exit this thread and not read any further before I get banned here cause I would really like to let it rip right about now ;)

Have a lovely day folks

My son was molested and my husband and I always said, if anyone were to hurt one of our kids, we would kill them. We didn't. During the trial, my husband rode by his house one time. He decided he better not do that anymore. When things happen to you in your life, it is different then when you say "If" that ever happens.

Did the guy get what he deserved? No. He is out now, living back in town, where his victims are. He got out early, due to taking college courses and good behavior.

A Reverend on the pit, told me a long time ago, I need to forgive . I'll never forget, and neither will his victims.

I don't feel sorry for the priest that got killed. He got what he deserved, IMO. Like Tracy said, karma. What goes around comes around.

I was to be on a jury, and had to fill out a questionnaire. It was a child molester. Needless to say, I wasn't selected to be on the jury.

:rolleyes: I'm gonna exit this thread and not read any further before I get banned here cause I would really like to let it rip right about now ;)

Have a lovely day folks

Tracy,

Sorry if my comments got you annoyed. it was not intentional. But you have no way of knowing what people have gone through. The world is made of of millions of opinions and each one is valid for that person. Some of the comments made here are implying that if you have been through anything like that then you must feel that killing him is right.

People are entitled their opinion and I am willing to bet some of the do gooders 'might' have experienced something like that. I respect all opinions here and I give mine. Sorry if its not the same as your but I do understand what you are saying and respect that point of view. Sorry if you dont understand the other point of view (at least it appears you dont as well as others here)

Again, I apologize for getting you upset (if it was me) it certainly was not my intention.

{{{Tracy}}}}

~hftmrock

Edited by hftmrock

Dead child molesters don't reoffend!

It's the only cure.

Enough said. :sandi:

From what I've seen about child molesters...that is the only cure!

A Reverend on the pit, told me a long time ago, I need to forgive . I'll never forget, and neither will his victims.

That is a problem. How do you forgive someone who blatantly makes it known he is not regretful for what he did? How do you forgive someone who is a repeat offender? How do you forgive someone who never even attempted to apologize and be sincere about it?

An older family member who went through the same thing was how I was finally able to deal with it. As much as I want to be forgiving, being a Christian. I just find it too hard.

Courts not willing to uphold the will of the people have no place in a healthy democracy. For years in North America people have called to have these perverts locked up or executed, and for years our almighty governments have turned a blind eye as these perverts are still walking the streets and raping at will. This sort of escalation is a direct result of neglect from the courts.

I wouldn't loose any sleep if I woke up tomorrow and found out every child molestor ended up with a 22 caliber lodged in their brainstem. Right after their trials, the convicted child molestors should be taken out back of the courthouse and be beaten to death.

Wow. A Canadian having that attitude.

Not only did he say exactly what I think but he lumped himself (Canadians) in with our sad society we have here in the US. To say North America instead of America...

cpuguru, you are alright man. I don't know how to make this sound sincere and not sarcastic but I do mean it sincere. I agree 100% with what you say.

It's hard aeromaestro. I'm not even sure I do forgive him. Some days I do, some days I don't. Maybe, it's just the hatred for what he did I'm feeling.

This guy molested over 20 kids, but only was tried for one. His grandson. They (prosecuting attorney) said it would be redundant to prosecute on the others. :blink: I suspect they made a deal for him to plead guilty.

Hell of it is, the other daughter's parting shot to her sister, when they announced sentencing, was "Are you happy now, are you?" She had just heard her dad admit that he molested her nephew, and that was her reply to her sister, who's child he molested. The judge looked at a video tape that he guy had made of him and his grandson, and said "I've seen autopsy tapes and murder tapes, and this is the worse thing I have ever seen in my life."

I just know, to do what will help my son, is to let him know, it wasn't his fault, and I'm always there for him.

'Fraid I didn't (couldn't?) read the whole thing, so excuse me if I'm in effect repeating someone else here.

Let me start by saying I am in no way defending this filth - child molesters are hard to defend (to put it mildly). I do think he should get a life sentence, and I think that his case should draw attention - and money - to this huge problem, so we can fix it. But I will never agree with people who feel that it is their right, or even responsibility, to bring the law into their own hands. Our country wasn't set up like that, and there's a reason. I find it despiciable that the molester was only given 10 years - and thats certainly a problem with our legal system. But this inmate broke the law by commiting murder, and it was in no way justified by anything the molester did. The ends do not, in any way, justify the means.

Clearly, people feel strongly about this. Thats good. So wheres the outrage at the church's responce, or rather lack thereof, to this huge problem? How about child protection, care, and education in general - why arn't we putting more money into social services to help impovorished children (in the US and around the world)? Or into their school systems, so thay can get a good education? It's easy to be outraged at a specific event, and talk heavily about punishments for another. But when it comes down to the problem, this is only one case. As a people, we love retaliatting violently - compare the amount of money put into child protenction, or social services in general, and the amount put into building and maintaining hundreds of nuclear missiles whos only purpose is distruction. Compare the news time for, say, Iraq with that for child molesters in general. Look at the cost of Iraq - it could've paid for 4 million new teachers, to replace these sickos. Instead we use it to, among other things, contribute to the death of 10,000 plus Iraqis. We've got alot of moral outrage, but we're kinda low on real help.

So sad :mrsgreen:

Murder is a terrible thing, and is a crime. There are however, certain circumstances that I believe make murder acceptable (world war 2 for exmple). This was not such a circumstance, the murderer got what he deserved. Anyway, murder is worse than child malestation IMO.

We have to first examine the man's motive for killing the pedophile.

I got molested more than once and by more than one person (I decline to provide the details -- you'll just have to trust me). And thirty-five, forty years later, I'm still angry. I haven't sucessfully forgiven them but I wish I could. I have vengeance in my heart but I know it's the right thing to try to be rid of that. It's bad enough they laid hands on me. But if I were to lay hands on them I'd have to give up all hope of putting them out of my life. It would cease to be what they did to me. It would become what I did to them. And that would be indelible.

I

I got molested more than once and by more than one person (I decline to provide the details -- you'll just have to trust me). And thirty-five, forty years later, I'm still angry. I haven't sucessfully forgiven them but I wish I could. I have vengeance in my heart but I know it's the right thing to try to be rid of that. It's bad enough they laid hands on me. But if I were to lay hands on them I'd have to give up all hope of putting them out of my life. It would cease to be what they did to me. It would become what I did to them. And that would be indelible.

I

I am truly sorry to hear this. I wont go into it because its obviously and justifiably sensitive.

This is all I was trying to say back a bit ago.

Well it is sad to have such a thing happen to a child and I admit if I found an adult doing such a thing I may be up on murder charges myself. Yet taking matters into ones own hands is playing God and maybe this man was to suffer for his crimes Im not so sure death is the worst thing that can be done I have not done it yet (DEATH ) :sparkle:

Digging this one back up....

The Vermont Judge facing pressure from the public resentanced the offender to no less than 6 but not more then 10 years... this is still deplorable, but at least the slimeball is caged.

:(

Digging this one back up....

The Vermont Judge facing pressure from the public resentanced the offender to no less than 6 but not more then 10 years... this is still deplorable, but at least the slimeball is caged.

Just say it a few minutes ago on the O'reilly factor about how the judge reversed his sentencing. I heard 3 years, but I think life would be more suitable. Just wait until this guy comes out in 3 years and molests another young girl and shatters her soul. My only hope is his life is swiftly ended in prison. :mrsgreen: