Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signman

For ALL The Fishermen Here...

I figured we would have more views that this! This is truly an amazing video clip.....watch it all the way through.

Agreed, it's really cool. Too bad it's in spanish (?) I wonder what type of fish they are?

This has got to be one of the best videos I have ever seen. I used to fish when I was a kid and it wasn't anything like that........... :rofl2:

Looking at the 60 gallon fish tank in the lving room wondering if I can get them all to jump into the toilet. :geezer:

I don't suppose you'll be telling us where your fishing spot is, huh signman? C'mon, tell us--I can keep your secret. :lol:

The only thing I can think of is that for what ever reason the fish are confined to a very small shallow area. When the noisy light comes over they have no where to go but UP>boat

I think it is in greece and the fish having a mating time and they are actually trying to make to go away the intruder therefore they are like attacking the boat..The video is totally awsome.

I don't suppose you'll be telling us where your fishing spot is, huh signman? C'mon, tell us--I can keep your secret. :lol:

Now why would I want to do that. :mrgreen: I wish I knew a spot like that around here. Love to fish but the day long outings and only a fish or two does get boring. :P

As I see it, they are going down a river of some sort at night. They shine the spotlight into the water...as you know the light attracts the fish. Notice they work the light from the bank to the boat. They also bang on the side of the boat....which I think startles the fish too, causing them to jump. I think the fish are jumping toward the light and as they do this the light is focused more on the guy in the boat...hence the fish jumping into the boat. I also have to agree on the fish having a "feeding frenzy" too. :)

Obviously I would be interested in this :P

I have had 4 foreign language teachers (all we have) at my school view the clip; none can make out more than a few words. Their best guess is that it is Portuguese.

I too would like to know why the fish jump :shrug:

:)

I had a 4 1/2 lb. largemouth jump in my boat when I was frog gigging one night.

Scared the crap outta me too. :mrsgreen:

at a guess ,,,they,ve got a couple of car batteries at the back of the boat ...linked up to a step up transformer (pulsed ) .... several thousand volts ...but fairly low amperage ...same as you get on electric cattle fences .....

both ends hanging off the back of the boat ...or if the hulls metal ...charge the hull and run the anode out on a pole ...... bet you would jump too ...!

When I used to work on a farm ....we used to have competitions on who could hang onto the electric fence (10,ooo volts..I think it said on the box) the longest ....first one to jump off ..bought the first 3 rounds down the rub a dub ..... tip ...always wear wellies or Doc martens ...and make sure that the grass that your on is short and dry .... heh..... 25 years before jackass ....arf

Tankus, I never thought of that electrical theory. Does sound like a good posibility. :huh:

I just showed the video to the guys in my Morning OD and now they all want to go find this place.....................lol :rofl2:

When I used to work on a farm ....we used to have competitions on who could hang onto the electric fence (10,ooo volts..I think it said on the box) the longest

You won didn't you. :P

Tankus you have in that one sentence explained so much, that I will no longer have to scratch my head trying to figure out what the hell you are saying.

As Paul Harvey used to say.

And.......now........we know......the rest of the story.............Good Day

You won didn't you. :P

Tankus you have in that one sentence explained so much, that I will no longer have to scratch my head trying to figure out what the hell you are saying.

As Paul Harvey used to say.

And.......now........we know......the rest of the story.............Good Day

:rofl2:

arf ...

never won .... but I never lost either...arf ....! .. scream as loud as you can on the pulse and its a fair guarantee that a newbie will jump