Why do you not offer trial periods?

Many, but not all, products offer a free trial period of 15 or 30 days to try out a product. Sometimes there are limitations on what you can do with these "evaluation" versions. I was just wondering why the site does not offer trial evaluations, especially on your product I am most interested in, Pest Patrol.

I am sure it is an excellent product, but would sure like to "try before I buy". I would appreciate some feedback on this. Thanks.

Pest Patrol isn't a product of PC Pitstop, although they do endorse it. Computer Associates are the owners of Pest Patrol and they are partners with PC Pitstop.

Optimize, Erase and the Safe Surfing DVD are all developed by PC Pitstop. The two software both offer free trials. http://pcpitstop.com/store/default.asp

with regards

Edited by Champion_Munch

Computer Associates actually does have a 30-day free trial of Pest Patrol:

https://home.ca.com/dr/v2/ec_MAIN.Entry10?S...9465&CID=192824

Be sure to read all the fine print.

My personal experience was that I got charged anyway, even though I cancelled on day 2. Hopefully they have refined the cancellation process. As I recall, it was a bit confusing finding out how to cancel. Anyway, I asked for a refund and it was processed promptly, but took a full 30-day billing cycle to show up on my credit card. All-in-all they did exactly what they promoted in their advertisement.

• 2 weeks later...

...Optimize, Erase and the Safe Surfing DVD are all developed by PC Pitstop. The two software both offer free trials. http://pcpitstop.com/store/default.asp

with regards

I followed this link and did the optimize scan and diid not have a "free trial" only a free scan. At the end of the scan, I was asked to buy before the optimization actions would happen.

That is not a free trial unless I am missing something.

• 3 weeks later...

never try anything endorsed byany onlline company website like this one..Stay clear, pcpitstop is not all that great as in they have their share of problems, :) I tried many products by Computer Associates even the one provided by Microsoft and the firewall I tried when I had it popped up constantlyesp. on www.neopets.com on pictures and no way to keep it from reasking like zonealarm, and many other free ones..Always Search before u buy..

As there are some free adaware scans like Adaware SE and Spybot Search and Destroy..

Also I tried the Computer Associates antivirus also from Microsoft (got both from the sp2 free cd which isn't free anymore...u have to pay shipping and handling..) and it found nothin and was too confusing as I couldn't find the REMOVE button...

STAY CLEAR of pestcontrol there are many other good ones also...I also read at www.download.com that pest control was a resource hog and another resource hog is Norton Anti-virus and so is zonealarm but zonealarm is rallly half a hog but is the best I found for a free basic firewall.. :)