Change Mode

new overclock with my venice 3000 754:)

i did befor prime at 2.7ghzs did 17hrs with no errors but today when i woke up it was froze up on prime probee because of the was overclock this time. last time i primed the mem was under ddr400.

I dont quite understand. You ran prime @ 2.7 but the next day it crashed during prime? Did you change anysettings.

well the mem was under ddr 400 when it pass. when it failed it was at 425mhzs so it was most likey the me did it.

but so far i primeing at 2.7ghzs and mem back too oc at 415mhzs ddr i change the timing and so far its primeing:)

well so far its stable at 2.7ghz pass prime at 18hrs than i stoped it:) it even pass prime at 2.75ghzs.

but my ram was under stock ddr391. but so far sence i messed with the timings on the ram instead of stock timings so far its passing with 415mem:) so its 100% the ram was doing it befor:)

thanks:) im pretty happy with it:) the main reson i got it is i wanted lower temp and atleast 2.5ghzs with it.

but i got both:) the temps never breaks 50c @ 1.64vcore:)

with my old 3000 newcastle i got 2.6ghzs out of it stable but the temps was going over 50c about 58c too 60c and i had too put the vcore too 1.67vcore for stable.

and i couldint stand my ufo fan going at 3800rpms all the time lol so i seen this and orderd it:)

Sometimes when it is prime stable, it is still not game stable.

Very true!

When your running Prime it only stresses the CPU and memory.

When your gaming it also throws in the video card,sound card,hardrives and other motherboard stuff...wich draws more power from your PSU and could make your overclock on your cpu/memory unstable

hmm i dont get this everything was runing good at 2.7ghzs for 1day and a half than i decided i wanted too play prince of persia first time playing it on this machine.

and about every 15min playing it locked up:( than i tried prime onced again and it kept failing in 1min??????

yesterday i just did a 18hr prime test and the day befor i even played quake 4 for about 1hr with no problems.

now today it wont even pass for 1min i dont get it i didint change anything. right now i got it at 2.666ghzs and it passed over 1min so far no errors.

but i still dont get it was fine and playing games fine with no problems befor:(

i allmost forgot whould too how ht cause this because its still on auto? heres what it is right now Field Value

HyperTransport Clock 842 MHz

Edited by gordesky1

Just run ATI Tool while you are running pime. Then you know you are stable. There's a good chance that evintually ATI Tool will lock up if you aren't using enough CPU voltage, however you seem to have it cranked up so you should be good to go. I would say, that if you can just get a measly 15 minutes of ATITool and prime running together, then the computer won't crash in games. 15 minutes sounds like nothing, but for some reason, ATITool is very very demanding on the CPU as well as the GPU together. It can cause lock ups on what would normally be a perfectly stable system after about 20 minutes of running. It may just be a bug in the program, but from my experiances, I have found that the more juice I give the CPU the longer ATITool will run. Unfortunitly I am at a wall on my boards voltage. It seems to cap off at about 1.63v which won't quite give me enough for 2.8GHz but I have done 2.7 for over a month now, and 2.75 for the past 4 days, it seems to run flawless at 2.75 but 2.8 is a no go. I think I need 1.65. Anyways, back to your issue. If you don't wanna run ATITool, try running a couple loops of 3dmark03. Good luck!

it did prime at 2.666 even with ati tool too:) and i was playing prince of persia for about 3hrs or 4hrs:) so i say this overclock is stable:) i might try 2,7ghzs later on with lower htt maybee thats doing it:)

well this is weird lol now it prime stable lol and i did it more than 24hrs this time.

i save a prime pic too but it says 8000 something hrs and 24min????? lol because i started itmonday at 4 too 5oclock in the afternoon too now and its 5:14 am. and i was browing the web and stuff with no problems:)

well this is weird lol now it prime stable lol and i did it more than 24hrs this time.

i save a prime pic too but it says 8000 something hrs and 24min????? lol because i started itmonday at 4 too 5oclock in the afternoon too now and its 5:14 am. and i was browing the web and stuff with no problems:)

surfing the web doesnt stress your computer.

Hmmm, makes you wonder how many hours of normal usage prime95 will take off the life of your CPU. If your CPU is under 100% load for 12 hours, then that has got to amount to some rediculous amount of lifetime being taken off of it. Although I will testify to the stress as being a must for stability verification, I don't think it needs to be done to a redicuous amount. And as far as surfing the internet while running prime95... it might actually cause a stutter. I had prime95 running for about 11 hours when I was at 2.8GHz, everything was fine, and then I went to surfingt the internet, by the time I had 3 IE windows open the PC crashed, didn't happen at 2.75 though. So I guess that could partially influence a crash.

Nothing wrong with using the internet while priming ;) It can hardly make it LESS likely to fail.

Also, I think that having a full load for 12 hours wouldn't take away that much of the CPU's lifetime as I have been running FAH on this PC at 100% for just over a year now andit shows no signs of failing

Edited by bigchrome