Change Mode

how does my 9300 look:) http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=8ZED0WSCXUCSJZYR still needs tweaks and all the other stuff :) still got the video driver that came with it installed. will the new geforce drivers be better?

and the gaming on this thing is suprizeing:) just tried farcry on 1900x1200 with everything on and it was smooth:) still got too try my other games on it:)

how does my 9300 look:) http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=8ZED0WSCXUCSJZYR still needs tweaks and all the other stuff :) still got the video driver that came with it installed. will the new geforce drivers be better?

and the gaming on this thing is suprizeing:) just tried farcry on 1900x1200 with everything on and it was smooth:) still got too try my other games on it:)

congrats my brother just got a simlair system but 2 gigs of ram and a x300.

tried farcry on 1900x1200 with everything on and it was smooth

what aa and af and what details in game. for me i would rATHER PLAY 1280X1024 with 4xaa 8xaf full details then a huge rez and it look like crap.

well every setting was on high too very high and it looked realy nice:) was just playing counterstrike 1 just now on 1900x1200 looks real sharp:)

and halo i had on 1600x1024 with everything on and it was runing real smooth:) i didint know this laptop could do that right out of the box:) it kills my 9800 on everygame by far lol

we must have a different idea of smooth then. The settings you claim your runnning would only be smooth on geforce 7 and the new ati cards. My 6800nu I got it up to 5200 in 3dmark05 would not be able t0 do run at those res and it be smooth.

i am pretty happy with it;) but i get some benchs and game benchs with fps tonight and post them:) but facry was pretty fast my 9800 whould do 24fps and 45max on farcry at 1280 by 1024 with 4xanti and everything up. this laptop seems faster than that even with that high res.

ok i installed fraps and tested farcry the max fps it did was 69fps and looking up was 130fps and going were theres alot of stuff it doesint drop under 35fps:)

and the settings i got it on is 1920x1200res and everything on high and some on very high:) so anything above 30fps is smooth. and im ony runing 512mb ram so imageing 1gb in it or 2gb:)

it was even smooth on fear at 1280x1024 with everything on high than i tried it on 1600x1200res it was playing smooth except when you turn thats because i ony have 512mb ram:)

Okay now you're exaggerating egregiously. I play f.e.a.r. at 1024x768 at very compromised settings with my x2 4400+ @ 2.8GHz/1GB DDR550/3 x 160GB Sata2 in Raid-0/256MB GeForce 6800 and it'd be a big stretch to say the game is anything but "smooth."

Edited by TorreyIsLDS

you meen yours doesint play smooth? because the games i tried on it so far is farcry and fear and couterstike 1 and halo and every one of them was playing over 30fps and too me thats pretty smooth.

sure it seems faster but its no where near smooth or your not really at those resolutions. I went from a heavy overclocked 6800nu 430/920 with opened pipes to a 800xl and the ati card blows it out of the water and this card is no where near highend. and i cant play any new game at 1600x1200 with any sort of detail turned up.

edit: since when can a 17 inch do 1920x1200. Or is just my flatron ez t710bh thats maxes at 1280x1024

Edited by wsrider

Gordesky do you have Call of Duty 2? I'd like to see how well it runs with your 6800NU compared to my 6800U.

Wsrider, the widescreen 17" display on the Inspiron 9300 and the XPS Gen2/M170 can do 1920x1200. It's amazing for games.

lastnight i tried call of duty and it was 24frames lowest and 30 too 40 avg i had all the settings up except anti and i had it on 1024x768 still pretty good for a laptop:) but that game takes the most out of all of them it seems like lol. by the way Henry8866 what drivers you useing on yours? i cant find any that i like lol

can you post some 3dmark scores like 01 03 and 05? and whats you frames on call of duty2 ?

the ony game that im trying too figure out is nfs mostwanted plays 22 too 30frames ony sometimes dips in the teens. my 9800pro in my desktop plays it better thats the ony game that it beats it never drops under 22 frames and the avg is 30frames both of them is useing the same settings.

could it be because the desktop got more ram? 512 vs 2gb? or cpus?

Congrats gordesky. I'm going to see what kind of frames I get in COD2. If it do it tonight I'll post it up. I've got everything turned up the most it will go. Using a Opty 165 Dual Core at 289x9=2600. :) How do you like Call Of Duty 2? Where'd you get the laptop? Do you have a link?

call of duty 2 is pretty good:) love how it looks and i got the laptop at dell.com came close too 1900$ than it had a 500$ coupon right there so i got it for 1404$:) if it wasint for the coupon i couldint get it because it was 1500max on the dell credit. so im pretty happy:) i just wish i could of got 1gb of ram or 2gb:(

i even did a couple tweaks with the volts on the cpu i got it down too 1volt stable at 1.74 stock:P