Change Mode

Merry Christmas All,

I need some help. My Volume had disappeared...when I go to start, access, enter. then volume I get this error:

There are no active mixer devices available.

Can anyone help me fix this problem.

A friend used my pc and now its all screwed up. I just fixed the connection to the internet, it wasn't working either....

Thanks,

Froggiez :santahat:

Would that be the SoundMax Integrated Digtal Audio that I would uninstall?

Even though your sound drivers appear to be functioning properly, I would try Joe C's advice. Uninstall them, then reboot and let windows reinstall them.

I had to go into my Services and restart my Remote Acess and change the Plug & Play to auto it was disabled.

If you had problems getting on line and your on a dial up modem, often times there's a sound driver associated with the modem and it maynot be installed

So is the problem resolved? If nto why not post a test. It will give us an idea about yoru hardware situation.

I had to go into my Services and restart my Remote Acess and change the Plug & Play to auto it was disabled.

If someone was messing around with the windows services, then check this service guide to get your settings back where they should be, I wouldn't think remote access outta be enabled

http://www.theeldergeek.com/services_guide.htm

edit: should be "manual" as per that elder geek site

Edited by Joe C

I did enable it...I had to so I could get connected to the internet....but now the volume is gone...I get this complete message:

There are no active miver devices available. To install mixer device, go to Control Panel, click printers and other hardware, and then add hardware.

However my pc doesn't show Printers and Other Hardware, it just shows Printers & Fax

If someone was messing around with the windows services, then check this service guide to get your settings back where they should be, I wouldn't think remote access outta be enabled

http://www.theeldergeek.com/services_guide.htm

Would that be the SoundMax Integrated Digtal Audio that I would uninstall?

if the services check out , so you know that -that isn't causing any issues, then uninstall and try to reinstall the sound drivers

I really don't know what sound card you have or if it's on board sound.....

a pit test might help

EDIT: if that's what you have listed in the device manager, then it's most likely what you have, do you have a driver disk or the driver on a file?

Edited by Joe C

I don't have a disk....I will run a test after I finish checking all these services off...

I really don't know what sound card you have or if it's on board sound.....

a pit test might help

EDIT: if that's what you have listed in the device manager, then it's most likely what you have, do you have a driver disk or the driver on a file?