Change Mode

sony dvdrw drives dieing:(

today when i try too watch a dvd the sound wasint playing and it was haveing a hard time reading them. so i tried restarting and set everything too stock thinking my overclock whould do it. but it wasint that now when i try too load any cd it makes noises than the light stop blinking:( so i took it out and tried it in my other pc same thing:( so that drive is dead:( now i have the same sony dvdrw same make and model in the other pc so i tried that one in the pc it reads but no sound and that dvdrw freezes the system or make it slow now im thinking that dieing too:( what causeing bad dvdrw drives? or do they just go? i problee burned about 50 or more dvdrws with it whould that cause it too die? right now i got a sony dvd/cdrw not dvdrw in it that i took out of my hp and it runs everything fine movies games and every cd so it isint the pc. does it seem like they are dieing too you?

both the same drive both dieing at the same time? have you tryed a firmware update or anything like that? perhaps a windows update is interfearing with them? or some other sw?

anyway if you replace them i quite like LG DVD-RW's i have 2 super-multies and they have never let me down

if the powersupply was on it way out can that kill a cd drive? because the dvd/cdrw was just doing the same thing and actng up pretty bad i hurry up and turnt the computer off than i smelled the drive were the plug goes at and it smelled like burning electrick. right now im runing the computer with out the cdrom and the computer is acting good. does the cdrom run off the 3.3volt rail? because that is runing a little low 3.13. the powersupply is a demon 480watt i know its cheep but it seemed like it ran good. but im just wondering if i get a good powersupply will it fix this problem?

ok today i tried again with 1 of the dvdrw in the computer and that one worked with game cds and dvds with Media Player Classic sound and everything but no sound with CyberLink PowerDVD for some reson.

and i even copyed 800mbs too the hardrive took about 30secs so that was good. but i tried the other dvdrw that was in it about 1year and it just makes noises and blinks when the cd in wont read so that one might of died on its own.

but should i still trust the powersupply still? do you think it was just the dvdrw drive or?

we called sony and they are gona take back the dvdrw for new ones but should i keep the one that is working or just send both back for new?

whoops forgot too say that when i got back on teh pc today i think the drives was runing on pio mode because i decided to go too the ide settings and check and it was i put it back too dma 66 and the drive was faster and working.

but the other drive is dead:( will pio mode kill a drive?

so far everything is back too normal just watch a dvd movie on it and it went threw nice

i gess the dvdrw was on its way out.

but soon befor i upgrade too the x1600 video card for agp comeing feb i problee will have too get a new psu dont want too risk it.

heres the one i was looking at will that power everything and take everything i throw at it?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16817104155 the price is alittle steep so i have too wait maybee about a month too get it tho.

Archived