Change Mode

I have a quick question, i just installed the latest Catalyst drivers on my laptop, and everything works fine but Ati control center was added to my right click/menu , i dont like that...how can i remove that option?

You know when you right click on your desktop and you see a menu? well ATI Control Center appears there..i wanna remove it, how can i safely remove that?

Im guessing this can only be done by editing the registry? if someone knows plz post the steps, thanks

I have a quick question, i just installed the latest Catalyst drivers on my laptop, and everything works fine but Ati control center was added to my right click/menu , i dont like that...how can i remove that option?

You know when you right click on your desktop and you see a menu? well ATI Control Center appears there..i wanna remove it, how can i safely remove that?

Im guessing this can only be done by editing the registry? if someone knows plz post the steps, thanks

There is a option in there that can remove but i really dont remember how i did it but i know it is there right infront of you so open it up and poke around in there and look for it just like I did and Iam sure you will find it>>Also uncheck it in Msconfig/ startups :xmas-smiley-017:

Well, I'm running the ATI Cats and I have Control Center and like it, I do not however nor will I ever have Micro$hafts .NET Framework installed. That's a bunch of B.S.!!!!!! If I were you I'd just remove the drivers and run Driver Cleaner to clean it all up. I caution you about the Cab Cleaner that comes with Driver Cleaner, it caused me to do a new install, so I don't recommend that part of the application. Driver Cleaner is great though, after removal re-install the drivers and choose the "custom" setup. Then choose to not install the Control Center. ;)

:sparkle:

Well, I'm running the ATI Cats and I have Control Center and like it, I do not however nor will I ever have Micro$hafts .NET Framework installed. That's a bunch of B.S.!!!!!!

Neat trick when you consider this,

You must have Microsoft .NET Framework installed prior to downloading and installing the Catalyst Control Center

Driect quote from ATI's download page (.Net 1.1 was the requirement when the CCC first came out).

As for the CCC, from what I can see looking at the download page, it looks like ATI has finally dropped the old style Control Panel (up until the 5.11's there where two downloads available, one with CCC and one without).

Neat trick when you consider this,

Driect quote from ATI's download page (.Net 1.1 was the requirement when the CCC first came out).

As for the CCC, from what I can see looking at the download page, it looks like ATI has finally dropped the old style Control Panel (up until the 5.11's there where two downloads available, one with CCC and one without).

Running the 5.8's and don't know how it works without the .NET stuff, but it does. I love the options for setting up the card through the control panel. BTW, all I have installed is Win XP SP2 with *no* updates. Like it that way! :santahat: