Change Mode

ordering for christmas:)

sorry forgot too say in the post lol its for my dell 9300 im geting for christmas will that memory work in the laptop? i was gona take out one 256mb ram and leave the one in there and put that 1gb in there with the 256mb for 1.25gbs. also is there much diff between dual channel and non? because if i get the 1gb the laptop wont do dual channel?

what should i do? keep the dell memory that came with the laptop in the laptop its 256x512 dual channel or get that 1gb ram? the laptop is going too be mainly for gaming

That is kind of a tough choice. I would use the 1GB with dual channel personaly. It offers much more bandwidth and helps 9/10 times. There are a couple games that really do better with more than a gig of memory like battlefield or FEAR. However, neither of the memory you linked to is a dual channel kit, so if you are gonna be betting one of those then you mise well leave in the 256 stick. You will need to get a 512x2 kit to use dual channel.

Also, since we are on the subject of dual channel, is that 3000 venice 754 an upgrade for your current MB, or are you buying that CPU and a board to put it in? If so you should go socket 939 instead of 754. 754 does not support dual channel memory. The 939 is a little more cash though, and if dual channel isn't a big deal for you then don't worry about it.

the 1 problem is holding me back from upgradeing too 939 is the motherboard. it overclocks very good so far i got 2.63ghzs out of my newcastle 3000. and i just got it last year and still performes how i want it. and for the razer i think it be ok i dont have realy big hands. i got too leave the laptop memory go because of money:( will the 512mb be good anuff for now for the laptop? by the way is the razer plasma better than all the other 1600 razers?

http://www.digitimes.com/Backgrounders/Art...A7&seq=37&Cat=1 im diff waiting for this:) but will 512mb be good in the laptop for now? the laptop is 1.74-m cetrino and 2x256=512 dual channel and 80gb 5400rpms and a geforce go 6800 256mb. i cant use it now too test it because its for christmas. if i buy 2 of theses will they run dual channel? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820231038 plz i need too know as soon as posible because we ordeing this in the morning.

just poped in to raise a question...

doesnt dell only alow its own branded memory in its desktops and could this be the same with laptops? i know that some companys have reverse engenired dells memory so that there sticks are compatable with dells but i think its worth looking into.

im not 100% sure on this but thought i should mention it :S

im going too wait and stick with the 512mb for the latop should still game ok. i aready orderd the other stuff aready. im pretty happy they made a 754 90m venice just got too see how it does too my newcastle 3000. right now i got it at 2.63ghzs so i be happy if the venice does 2.6ghzs and run cooler:)

Archived