Change Mode

cpu upgrade?

sorry about makeing another thread but it seem like it doesint belong in the other one. i saw this will this cpu work in my 754 socket? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16819103606 it say its a Venice i thought they ony maid them on 939 socket? and if this is real will this overclock like mad? my newcastle 3000 overclock from 2ghz too 2.6ghzs will that cpu do better and run cooler?

I saw that link too. I think it is a typo. I have never heard of a venice on 754. The price of 139 does reflect a socket 754 though. However, that box is a 939 box, and I have never heard anything at all about a venice 754, so I would concider this to be a typo. I tried to google it, but none of the hits for "754 venice" were in english. It seems like it would be pretty well spread if there were a venice 754. However, I did find quite a few forum posts with the title "socket 754 venice E6" so maybe it is for real. However I could not read the post so I don't know for sure. If it is true however, it should OC pretty well. It should have a multiplier of 10, so getting to 2.8 should be as easy as setting the FSB to 280, dropping the HT to 3x, and upping the voltage to about 1.60-1.65. Well, theres tweaking the memory too but that comes after the CPU........

Good luck with that, I hope it's for real. However, the socket 754 is limited to single channel memory. But since AMD 64 uses integrated memory controller, could this venice be the first dual channel 754?? Probably not, I think the socket 754 architecture is a limiting factor with dual channel, and not just the chip. It would be cool to research though. If I see anythign good on it I will post.

• 2 weeks later...

well guys it is true:) it is a venice i got it at 2.6ghzs at 1.52vcore ony:) and it runs so much cooler than my newcastle:)

it runs at 30idel and 43load max with prime:) and im ony runing the fan at half speed:)

my newcastle was runing at 2.6ghzs @ 1.66vcore had too use that vcore lol and it was allmost 55c it whould of go over 60 if i had it at half fan speed.

even if i had the newcastle at 1.52vcore it whould still go over 50c the venice will not:)

i post a screen shot tonight maybee even a higher clock:)

i even added 2x1gbx2gb of ram:) everything run real fast:)

well this is a beast tried it at 2.7ghzs @ 1.6vcore and so far its good lol

beats the hell out of my newcastle the highest that whould do with out blue screens is 2.63ghzs lol and needed 1.67vcore.

i might try higher later got too see. it seems like it wants too go more lol.

heres the screen shot http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1782/myoc2kn.jpg

im glad they made another 754 cpu:) all i need is a better video card too match all this:) trying too get the x1600 agp in feb:)

Archived