Sign in to follow this  
flyfishingrules2

It's The Holidays!

Give me a break, I hope you don't actually believe that! People who are murdered are do not allow themselves to be murdered, lets keep the focus on the real problem. The problem with society is we want to assign blame where it doesn't belong, the killers are the problem and the victims are just that victims. It is like the fat person blaming McDonalds for being fat, give me a break, stop shoving cheeseburgers in your bloody mouth and you will be surprised. Tookie was the same way, sure he stopped shoving cheeseburgers in his mouth, but the damage was already to great to be repaired.

It is pretty sad when we try to assign the blame to the innocent victims :(

we are talking about a message board not a murder victim last I checked. So if your friend bumped you , you could never forgive him... lets be a bit realistic here

we are not talking about killers but since you are.... Killers can get parole and go back to society.. banned PCPitstop members cant... strange world we live in huh cpu???

Edited by hftmrock

So you're saying that we should allow an individual to remain an irritant, to incite riots, to cause mischief, for as long as they choose, and we should just put up with it, thicken our hides, just grin and bear it? I'm afraid history (and reality) dictates that that philosophy will never work. We have members here that cannot and/or will not ignore a taunt, and then all hell ends up breaking loose. I'm sorry, but the irritants were given a chance to become law-abiding citizens and they refused, leaving us with the only alternative of banishment. Period. End of story. They were given a second chance (and in some cases third, fourth, and fifth chances) and they abused the priviledge of that(those) chance(s) . Sorry, but the ones who were banned were banned for very good reasons, it could not and would not have happened otherwise. -kd5-

I agree they were banned for just reasons... no arguments. We differ where I feel people can change and deserve a chance if they think they learned something from it. they ones who were banned because they were jerks would not want to come back anyway. but some that changed will never get the chance.

We agree to disagree. Different philosophies, thats all. Its all good!

:sparkle: Happy Holidays :sparkle:

Edited by hftmrock

Love the no drama when I read here now. Some good people work hard to keep it this way. The pit is just a special place to me... ups and downs and what not.. I've made some wonderful friends here, got chewed out here, had silly arguments here, found lots of laughs here, and its sure a cool way to pass the time when ya got some time to spare. When the chips were down here and some bad things happened to me, the Admins and staff here were incredibly kind to me and I will never forget that.

I for one appreciate it alot here... I've saw what it was like when it was closed down for a while and I missed folks here. So I had much rather it be a little bland at times... than to be so bogged down with arguments and strife that its completely closed for good. I've gotten invaluable computer help here many times over and for this and all that the staff here does to keep it going... Thank you. I for one enjoy the peaceful environment here greatly these days.

:sparkle: Merry Christmas to all.. may all your wishes come true :sparkle:

I only saw 3 on that list that can't post hear if they choose to...and 2 of those are the same people. :mrgreen: but I agree with Tracy...its been kinda peaceful around here... :) v

who are the two that are the same person :unsure:

:lol: Y'all can yak till the cows come home...there ain't going to be any amnesty for anyone.

You get banned here there's something dead wrong with what your doing...

None of the admin/mod crew wants to see things get that far..and we try to sort things out before it gets to that point...it just don't always work out.

:lol: Y'all can yak till the cows come home...there ain't going to be any amnesty for anyone.

You get banned here there's something dead wrong with what your doing...

None of the admin/mod crew wants to see things get that far..and we try to sort things out before it gets to that point...it just don't always work out.

:geezer:

Just like to say this?

Rock?

A year ago, you and I were at each other's throats? You was just a Name to me, as I was to you?

Then you and I got to know one another? You even came up with the Idea of a DD Decoder Ring, that EVERYONE Loved, Mate.

I can appreciate the Points you are trying to make, really well.

As I have Posted before and I guess everyone knows? I am on the Side of the Staff on this one, but I do know that the Staff would consider what you propose on a Case to Case Basis, but NEVER online!

Come on? Bit like asking the Supreme Court to Grant Amnesty to all Criminals, Mate! That is just not on!

Maybe others Members should reach out and use PM to get to know other Members?

:sparkle::santahat::xmas-smiley-017::sparkle:

Edited by Drovers Dog

Just like to say this?

Rock?

A year ago, you and I were at each other's throats? You was just a Name to me, as I was to you?

Then you and I got to know one another? You even came up with the Idea of a DD Decoder Ring, that EVERYONE Loved, Mate.

I can appreciate the Points you are trying to make, really well.

As I have Posted before and I guess everyone knows? I am on the Side of the Staff on this one, but I do know that the Staff would consider what what you propose on a Case to Case Basis, but NEVER online!

Come on? Bit like asking the Supreme Court to Grant Amnesty to all Criminals, Mate! That is just not on!

We've come a loooong way DD... It shows that people can work on things to make them better. I agree that they cant do it online. you're right and it was not my idea to beign with. I am just making points I believe in. I am not trying to change the mind of staff or anyone at the pit. I write what I truly believe. This place is a great place to share ideas and learn things from your peers. learn things from people who have been there and done that.. I love reading all the insightful posts here. My posts might get someone thinking about their opinion or it may not... its out there for discussion.

The staff has a job to do and they do it well. They banned people as a last resort and I personally have to back them on their decisions. Its my opinion that everything in life is a learning experience and those people who were banned had a learning experience as well. Lets hope everyone learns from all experiences in life.

:sparkle: DD, you and I learned from each other. and if we can, there is no reason why everyone cant. even banned :sparkle:

:sparkle: Happy Holiday all :sparkle:

We've come a loooong way DD... It shows that people can work on things to make them better. I agree that they cant do it online. you're right and it was not my idea to beign with. I am just making points I believe in. I am not trying to change the mind of staff or anyone at the pit. I write what I truly believe. This place is a great place to share ideas and learn things from your peers. learn things from people who have been there and done that.. I love reading all the insightful posts here. My posts might get someone thinking about their opinion or it may not... its out there for discussion.

The staff has a job to do and they do it well. They banned people as a last resort and I personally have to back them on their decisions. Its my opinion that everything in life is a learning experience and those people who were banned had a learning experience as well. Lets hope everyone learns from all experiences in life.

:sparkle: DD, you and I learned from each other. and if we can, there is no reason why everyone cant. even banned :sparkle:

:sparkle: Happy Holiday all :sparkle:

You are Spot on there, Mate.

Even if this Thread doesn't help the Banned Members, at least it may help some of the younger Members to understand that there are Rules?

Muck up on them, you will get Warned, then Banned! Once you are Banned, that is IT!

No matter what forums I go to I see members banned and posts deleted all the time...it's just what has to be done at forums! :xmas2:

:sparkle::sparkle: Happy Holidays to all the Admins and Mods and thank you for a job well done! :sparkle::sparkle:

Edited by andromeda

No matter what forums I go to I see members banned and posts deleted all the time...it's just what has to be done at forums! :xmas2:

:sparkle::sparkle: Happy Holidays to all the Admins and Mods and thank you for a job well done! :sparkle::sparkle:

Nope, there are Heaps of Forums that have few Staff, others that have Heaps of Staff, but no Banned Members.

It just depends on the Members?

Some people just never Learn!

I would always give a Member a second chance on a Forum I Administrated, as long as they diddn't step totally over the Line, then, no Chance!

Edited by Drovers Dog

Nope, there are Heaps of Forums that have few Staff, others that have Heaps of Staff, but no Banned Members.

Well then it's a funny thing that under their names it says "BANNED" You aren't really trying to say that other forums ban noone are you? :pullhair:

Well then it's a funny thing that under their names it says "BANNED" You aren't really trying to say that other forums ban noone are you? :pullhair:

It would apply to Individual Forums, maybe? Not to all Forums!

Lots of Forums don't Ban Members!

The Pit Bans VERY RARELY! Unless Totally Stupid Behavour. Most times people just go away, like other Forums!

Guess it depends on the Forums you frequent?

The Pit Bans VERY RARELY! Unless Totally Stupid Behavour. Most times people just go away, like other Forums!

:sparkle: Exactly! :sparkle:

I'd like to see "Wkavery" come back..

I don't know why he left..

I think AX ran him off, when he was haveing one of

his bad hair days... :pullhair:

Well I'm starting to feel all warm n fuzzy inside... :mrgreen:

I agree its nice to see 2 old adversaries shake hands and move on...the point is these adversaries never got to the point of being banned...was close a few times... at least with 1... but they always listened to more reasonable voices...the folks who got banned didn't.

If anyone has something to add..PM me or a mod and we'll get it open for ya.

Thank you!!! :) v