Sign in to follow this  
flyfishingrules2

It's The Holidays!

not wander into things that are just totally different

You're right. At Xmas the definition of amnesty should be trivialised and sugar-coated. How else could we get through the rest of the year?

I

You're right. At Xmas the definition of amnesty should be trivialised and sugar-coated. How else could we get through the rest of the year?

I

So you think what your are talking about coincides with what FF2's original intent of making this thread was?

If so, for lack of a better phrase, "have at it." :blushing: I'm out of the thread now.

Edited by DK64_MASTER

So you think what your are talking about coincides with what FF2's original intent of making this thread was?

I thought I'd made it clear. I don't diminsh the possibility of banished members of the community being welcomed back.

I

:geezer:

You know?

People only get Banned when they really step over the Mark.

This Thread started out about Holidays, and Forgiveness, then moved very rapidly to Murderers, etc. Then someone else decided to do the wrong Thing in another Thread and got Banned!

Wake up, People!

The Staff has Warned and Warned! They have a Job to do! None of us really want this.

Snap out of it! Please?

:sparkle::santahat::xmas-smiley-017::sparkle:

Let m make my own position clear:

I unequivocally oppose capital punishment.

I realise other citizens do not agree with me. And I understand certain members raised the issue of amnesty in order to re-instate other members who have fallen on disagreeable terms with the forum.

But, given Mr Williams predicament, I thought it irresponsible to not take this opportunity to add my voice to the plea for his clemency. Somehow, that seems more important.

I

Edited by Iain

Let m make my own position clear:

I unequivocally oppose capital punishment.

I realise other citizens do not agree with me. And I understand certain members raised the issue of amnesty in order to re-instate other members who have fallen on disagreeable terms with the forum.

But, given Mr Williams predicament, I thought it irresponsible to not take this opportunity to add my voice to the plea for his clemency. Somehow, that seems more important.

I

Iain, I fully understand how you feel, we just buried another of our Kids, Exucated in another Country,

But this is not the Thread to Talk about it, Mate!

Start up another one for it? I will if you don't!

Just let this one get back to what the Author intended? Peace and Good Will!

More important, definately but maybe not for this thread.

I had a similar issue on another thread. your points are valid and with good intentions regarding Mr. Williams and its definately is a more important subject then this board and amnesty. Due to that it should not be in this thread. A new one for that purpose should be started. This one has a purpose and should stay on track

regarding the people you mentioned.... I always believe in second chances. People can and will change. I have changed and everybody here has changed at one point or another. forgiveness is probably the most cherished and hard to find quality in a person (IMO)

why not forgive. this does NOT mean forget. Anything that anybody does is a part of that person's fabric and needs to be a building block for that person. But anyone thats asks to come back should be granted forgiveness in my mind.

:sparkle: Happy Holiday everyone :sparkle:

I always believe in second chances. People can and will change. I have changed and everybody here has changed at one point or another. forgiveness is probably the most cherished and hard to find quality in a person (IMO)

:sparkle: Happy Holiday everyone :sparkle:

That is exactly what has made the Pit Really Great!

Changing and Adapting as it has over all these years!

Noone have been banned on a whim here at the pit :geezer: Some of those mentioned just cannot behave in a fashion that is acceptable. They just thrive on starting trouble. :blink: One of those mentioned was gone for a while, came back and immediately wrecked havoc at the pit as soon as she started posting again. Sorry but I for one do not miss the uproar they were causing here! :geezer: I have to agree 100% with Tracy, it's pretty peaceful around here these days! :bananaxmas:

Edited by andromeda

Forgiveness is a really difficult trait to be able to embrace.

That is not just for the person you might be mentioning but for anyone on this board, anyone in a country and anyone in the world.

That's what makes it so special when it's seen.

:sparkle: Happy Holidays everyone :sparkle:

Forgiveness is a really difficult trait to be able to embrace.

That is not just for the person you might be mentioning but for anyone on this board, anyone in a country and anyone in the world.

That's what makes it so special when it's seen.

:sparkle: Happy Holidays everyone :sparkle:

I just want to say this quitely!

I am Speechless to hear that? from an American!

Rock, you Totally Rock, Mate!!

Happiest Holidays to you, Mate!

My understanding is that three elements must be balanced to arrive at what we in the West call justice: Deterence, rehabilitation and retribution. It seems to me that only the latter animates your position.

I

I have taken various levels of college sociology so I do understand the need for these elements; however, that being said the degree of the crimes he committed warrant more then a slap on the wrist. The spotlight is on him right now, and if they do not make an example of him then it is possible that others will see the lack of punishment and be prone to do the same. I am not questioning whether or not he is rehabilitated, I am questioning the deterence and retribution sections of you example.

I just want to say this quitely!

I am Speechless to hear that? from an American!

Rock, you Totally Rock, Mate!!

Happiest Holidays to you, Mate!

That is a pretty sad statement :( Most Americans are good people just like most people in any other country. We must not allow our unfavorable view of the US government taint our view on the American people.

See what a trouble maker you are fly. Just kidding.

I miss a lot of the people you named too.

That is a pretty sad statement :( Most Americans are good people just like most people in any other country. We must not allow our unfavorable view of the US government taint our view on the American people.

I read that too but I dont think the dog meant it that way... I have my decoder ring on today!

I have my decoder ring on today!

Be careful.

You may get too much information.

:sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle:

Sorry, I don't have anythng to add to this thread, but I DO love these sparkly thingies I am using here.

:P:P:P:P

Sorry, I don't have anythng to add to this thread, but I DO love these sparkly thingies I am using here.

:P:P:P:P

:sparkle: And so does Juliet :P:sparkle:

And Tookie's dead so I return this thread to its progenitors, with the promise of no further guerilla tactics on my part.

I

I am going to try to get enough info to take over the world

muhahahahahahahahaha :laughing:B)

Now listen carefully, Boy, I mean, Listen carefully!!!!!

All ya gotta do is CON-FUSE them, just like old GWB and DD, Boy!

The World is yours then! hic

They should give him a choice of chair or needle for a christmas present :)

Odd...we "pardon" the White House turkey, but execute a human who might or might not be a killer.

Edited by poru