Change Mode

Would you pay $1,200 for

HP/Compaq make outstanding laptops, some of the best in the market. Don't confuse them with the cheezy desktop systems they make.

Yes indeed I would pay 1200 for that machine. :tup:

For some reason ebay is not loading for me now, ill post both links when i can get back on...

1st link is when i lost the BID to some noob guy that bidded $1,230 i think

2nd link is when i was emailed and asked if i wanted to purchase it for the last bid i had posted before...

(2nd chance offer)

for some reason they didnt give it to the high bidder and decided to give it to me? O_o

:bananaxmas: Funny how you ordered it then asked... :xmas2:

Funny maybe, but quite common.

"buyer's remorse" occurs only after the order/purchase.

That's when people start second-guessing themselves, and start doing the research that they possible should have done before making the purchase.

My comment here is meant to describe a common human characteristic and in no way is intended to infer any negativity toward the original poster, who may very well have done excellent and extensive research before purchasing.... but still may be vulnerable to second-guessing... as are we all.

Best Regards

In my mind i thought it was a good deal, but i wanted to make sure i was right.

Fraud? like i said, i havent paid yet, i will pay when item arives at my door.

The first link "When i lost the bid"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEDW%3AIT&rd=1

Second link, when i received email giving me a 2nd chance and allowing me to buy the item for the highest amount i had bid earlier.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Once Fedex gets here, hes gonna have to wait till i open the box and test the Laptop before he gets his Money Orders.

Once Fedex gets here, hes gonna have to wait till i open the box and test the Laptop before he gets his Money Orders.

I agree. That seller has never SOLD anything before and And now all of a sudden he has a bunch of HI-End goodies to sell. Doesnt SMELL right.

Dont back down with the fed ex driver. Check it good or tell him to take it back.

I have the HP zv6000 which is the same model as the one in that link. Outstanding quality in my opinion. Extremely quiet and it runs cool.

My Test Results

That is a test while running programs as I would have the laptop running. It isn't tweaked for best test performance. :)

Edited by The Dude
Guest mik_kyhah

except for the fact that the HDD is 100 GB(great sizing) but only 4200 rpm.

other than that? yeah, good deal. Personally, I don't like my HP too much, but with all that, good deal.

except for the fact that the HDD is 100 GB(great sizing) but only 4200 rpm.

other than that? yeah, good deal. Personally, I don't like my HP too much, but with all that, good deal.

Mine is a 5400rpm, but I don't really think it will cause too much of a performance hit. The hard drive is a good size so areal density should make up for the slower rpms. As for HP, I'm not too fond of their desktops, but I've had 2 of their laptops, and I've had nothing buy great experiences with them. I have tried many other laptops but HP loads their laptops with great features like being able to shut off the finger pad to prevent the cursor from skipping all over the page while typing, plenty of USB ports (ZV6000 has 4 of them!) and firewire. Their screens and keyboards are also a pleasure to use. I purchased the 3yr warranty, so you may want to look into that. You can call HP, give them your serial number and get the warranty anytime you'd like for about $180.

I don't think you will be dissapointed with your laptop. Since having mine, my friend has purchased the same model, as well as my cousin. Once they saw it and used it they agreed it was better than any other laptop they have used in the past. My uncle who uses a laptop for work loves mine. When he comes over to visit I catch him drooling over it. :P

Well i said i was gonna update you guys on this matter....

I received the Notebook today, the Fedex guy told me he couldnt let me check it out before paying and stuff, so i took the risk...

I paid him and then prayed to god.

It was the notebook as described, it was new sealed in the box and it works perfect.

phew lol

Its really nice and quick=)