Sign in to follow this  
DK64_MASTER

Mom Makes Teen Stand on Street With Sign

Beatings are pretty barbaric..

If you raise your child well from birth, they will not need beatings.

Wished i had thought of the sign, because I would have made one up for him. :tup:

He also got a few slaps over the years, and also learned that any humilation he suffered because of his behaviour was something he brought onto himself.

But would you have honestly made him stand at an intersection with it? Make one for him, sure - its scary, I do admit. But that kind of humiliation wouldn't have helped anything.

But would you have honestly made him stand at an intersection with it? Make one for him, sure - its scary, I do admit. But that kind of humiliation wouldn't have helped anything.

Absolutely in a heartbeat I would have done it. :tup:

Ask yourself this Kigoe... What's more humiliating, getting bad grades, squandering your talents, working at a lackluster job until you get too old to work anymore, barely having enough to retire, or holding a sign?

Edited by brandon

Bruce and one2gamble.. Look back on some of the postings in this thread.

I have seen a lot of mentions of hitting children with many things, such as a belt, a spoon and a few times of actual physical contact.

You forgot steel toed boots, they hurt like hell when planted firmly on ones backside. ;)

Marvelous deterrent. :lol:

What Bruce did --- and why it works--- simple, but, not easy

Bruce put in effort on the 'project', and showed the results to his offsring in a non-judgmental way-- not a lot of emotion-- just the facts.

At the same time Bruce very openly told his kid what was expected of him-- and that is the key-- tell your children what you expect of them--- repeatedly.. They get the message-- but they try to put on the 'aire' that it was all their idea..

That is ok-- let them think it-- when they're 50, they'll know..

:P:P

These beatings will just make your children dislike you and feel distanced from you.

You can handle situations with love and care and still have things turn out well.

Heard this on the radio this morning.

I congratulate the mom for what she did!

As long as the girl wasnt in any physical harm...I say its good learning :tup:

These beatings will just make your children dislike you and feel distanced from you.

You can handle situations with love and care and still have things turn out well.

If you handle everything with love & care, your child will take advantage of you. They see too much love & care as a weakness, and prey upon it like a lion hunting a zebra.

Either that, or you turn them into a wuss, and they get their :filtered: kicked at school.

Odd isn't it, thats what Jeffry Dalmers mother says. :lol:

Woah, what a topic this turned out to be. I go away for my Microelectronics Circuits lab for 3 hours, and I see all hell break loose :lol:. I'll throw in my two cents.

Is beating the same thing as public humiliation? No.

Did the child suffer public humiliation directly through her mother's actions? Maybe.

Was she in any danger? No (her mom was with here it seems).

I still stick to my views, and feel that if someone needs a reality check, they need to go out and experience what it is like facing reality! Who cares if it's humiliating. Being embarrased would be the last thing on my mind if I were homeless. And if the mother really felt that the kid was killing her future, good for the mother to bring her kid back into reality!

In the beating issue, yes I got a few slaps, but I still respect my parents. A slap meant I had done something extremely bad, and it was their way of telling me. Minor incidents of doing bad stuff would resort in priviledges taken away, and major incidents required a swift kick in the pants, in order to make me realize what I did is extremely wrong.

You guys claim that a parent beating their kid will make the kid hate their parents? Well, maybe in extreme circumstances (but then social services needs to be called), but instilling fear in a child overall makes one revere their own parents, and instills the need to be good for their parents. I highly respect my parents. Do I get angry for me getting hit once or twice?

Hell no, I'm greatful for it, since it made me realize that my actions were unacceptable in their household.

If you handle everything with love & care, your child will take advantage of you. They see too much love & care as a weakness, and prey upon it like a lion hunting a zebra.

Either that, or you turn them into a wuss, and they get their :filtered: kicked at school.

The child won't "take advantage" of you if you raise the child correctly from the very beginning.

You should respect your parents, not fear them. Fear the consquences of your own actions, but not your parents. Fearing your parents will lead to a bad relationship with child and son. That kind of relationship can be seen on that 70's show between Eric and his dad "Red".

Exactly.

edit: Woah! hold up, can they still smack kids in Canada?

no it is abuse now, when I was growing up it wasn't though :)

The child won't "take advantage" of you if you raise the child correctly from the very beginning.

There is no correct way to raise a child. Some ways work and some others don't. Some kids turn out just fine after being slapped for doing something bad while some don't turn out so good. The same can be said for kids that don't get hit. People trying to instill their ways of parenting on everyone else is WRONG and DANGEROUS to our society.

There is no correct way to raise a child. Some ways work and some others don't. Some kids turn out just fine after being slapped for doing something bad while some don't turn out so good. The same can be said for kids that don't get hit. People trying to instill their ways of parenting on everyone else is WRONG and DANGEROUS to our society.

People who use quotes incorrectly are wrong and dangerous to society.

If you're going to quote anyone for pushing their parenting suggestions on others, quote everyone else in this thread too, or quote no one at all.

Brandon, what are you talking about? :blink: Do I seem like a wuss to you? Edited by lilbill08

"Beatings are pretty barbaric.."

Adam I think all your other posts have been fine. You were giving your suggestions just like everyone else. That quote was what jumped out though. You're getting confused over what everyone else here is saying about hitting their kids for disciplinary purposes with parents that take it over the line and actualy beat down their kids causing as much pain and suffering possible. There's nothing barbaric about it and it's exaggerations like that that leads to the messed up child protection system we have now and parents not being able to discipline their kids in their own way without having government officials on their :filtered: for it.

what else is there? Parents arent allowed to discipline their children anymore with a belt or a spoon like most of us were when we got out of line.

You cant hit them, you cant yell at them, you cant make an example out of them.  Please, its no wonder our k-12 school system sucks.

Well, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that it's my humble opinion that our society went to hell when we ceased doing what's quoted above due to some poor-assed pantywaist. Oh yeah, it did not help when we stopped allowing our teachers the priviledge of disciplining our children either. When I was in school I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that if I ever *lipped off* to a teacher, I'd be in for the *board-of-education*, and another when I got home. ;) I never *lipped off* either.

My $.02.