Sign in to follow this  
curt234

window washer

What font? Where? Web pages or everywhere? Window Washer should never do anything to change fonts, it never has for me. Change the fonts back and try it again. let us know.

I've never seen that happen, you might want to contact Webroot and see if they have an explanation.

Webroot's Window Washer has never altered my fonts. It's messed up my Start, Programs, (individual programs) menus (I keep them arranged by Program, Help file, Uninstall, and Window washer wants to rearrange everything within my sub-folders alphabetically), but other than that WW does no harm to my settings.

Like hulk suggested, I'd contact Webroot if I were you:

http://www.webroot.com/company/contactus.h...b62405e0fe7511a -kd5-

To tell you the truth, I use Steven Gould's Cleanup! most often, CCleaner from time to time, but the feature of Window Washer I use most often is the right-click context menu on the Recycle Bin which gives me the ability to shred the contents of the Recycle Bin, as opposed to just emptying it. As you may or may not know, emptying the Recycle Bin doesn't actually remove the files from your hard drive, they merely remove them from view. So, from my perspective, shredding the files assures me that the space they occupied on the hard drive will be reclaimed, and that those files will in effect become unrecoverable.

Other than the right-click context menu capabilities, I don't actually use Window Washer much... :shrug: -kd5-

Can the shredder on Spybot be used for shredding docs? I know it shreds stubborn programmes, but I've only used it once some time ago.

Webroot Window Washer sets your font to clear-type when you first install it. It did that to me a couple of versions ago. Now it's off by default and you can enable it by checking the corresponding box.

I use it for washing Free Space NSA/Guttman style and for shredding the Recycling Bin. For shredding individual documents, I use TuneUp Utilities' Shredder function.

In answer to my post, yes, S and D shredder does shred docs.

Click on Mode

Advanced Mode

Tools

Secure Shredder

Be careful how you use it. Shredded documents cannot be recovered!