Change Mode

can't uninstall Optimizer 1.0v

Guest disapointed

Guest disapointed

I downloded and installed pc pitstops Optimizer 1.0v...ran it and decided it was not for me. As I aready own program (s) that do its functions. I used the uninstaller...but I still get a popup everyother boot or so asking me to register...when I use the uninstall link provided the error message "file"C:\Program Files\PCPitstop|Optimize|unins000.dat" dose not exist. Cannot uninstall." then appears.

the uninstaller must have left something in the registry...any suggestions?

I would like to remove this rather annoying "feature".

I downloded and installed pc pitstops Optimizer 1.0v...ran it and decided it was not for me. As I aready own program (s) that do its functions. I used the uninstaller...but I still get a popup everyother boot or so asking me to register...when I use the uninstall link provided the error message "file"C:\Program Files\PCPitstop|Optimize|unins000.dat" dose not exist. Cannot uninstall." then appears.

the uninstaller must have left something in the registry...any suggestions?

I would like to remove this rather annoying "feature".

You could have someone email you the (PCPitStop Uninstall) file [unis000] and the companion file [unis000.dat] and then place these in the PCPitStop folder and restart the PC and then attempt to click on the (Uninstaller) from the folder and see if that works.

:erm:

:wp:

It sounds like the program was not completely uninstalled, as that behavior is NOT by design.

You could try reinstalling the program from here: http://pcpitstop.com/store/optimizescan.asp

and then uninstalling again. Did you use the uninstaller from the PCPitstop/Optimize folder in the Start>Programs menu or from Add/Remove programs? The one from the Start menu would be the first choice.

Alternately, you can open the Registry Editor and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PCPitstop\Optimize.

If you have uninstalled the application, you may safely delete the entire PCPitstop folder. (The reminder key is in optimize folder.)

Guest disapointed

At this point I have re-installed Optimizer, used the suggested start menu un-installer. (I'm not compleatly sure which un-installer I used the first time) and will have to wait and see if it is realy gone...it appears it is less frequent than every other boot that this appears, more like every 5 or 6.

interestingly enough, when I attempt to remove the pcpitstop folder in windows explorer "access is denied"... :angry: I do appreciate your help and will give it a week or so to see what happens...

interestingly enough, when I attempt to remove the pcpitstop folder in windows explorer "access is denied"...

Right click the folder, select Properties, look down at Attributes and see if "read only" is checked. If it is, remove the checkmark and try deleting. You could also try it in safe mode.

Also, if you're in windows explorer, the folder needs to be unopened. Easiest way to make sure is to delete it from the left side pane before clicking on it.