Sign in to follow this  
NightMaster

ZoneAlarm users please help!

Ok now when ZoneAlarm is set to Automatically check for updates, ZA dont Alert that Your Security settings has been updated, why? I want to know if its really was updated. Should i set it to Manually, so i can update it and make sure its been updated?

Zone Alarm won't update automatically. All it will do is let you know an update is available so you can download it if you wish.

Best advice, when you get the notice, choose remind me in 30 day's. Most will tell you not to jump on the upgrade bandwagon the moment an update comes out.

:wp:

Edited by Storm Rider

I agree with storm rider wait awhile on any upgrade from zonealarm.

beenusing it for a fair while now and like the program.

I wouldn't leave it 30 days, that's too long to be using out-of-date software. You will usually find out within a week if the new version is rubbish or not. 30 days is far too long in my humble opinion.

I wouldn't leave it 30 days, that's too long to be using out-of-date software. You will usually find out within a week if the new version is rubbish or not. 30 days is far too long in my humble opinion.

Waiting 30 day's for Anti-virus updates would be foolish but I don't think it makes much, if any difference, when it comes to Firewalls.

I tend to agree, but if a new version is bad you'll find out pretty quickly. I always give it a week before I upgrade.

For what it's worth, I agree. ZA is a really good firewall, but they put out some really buggy updates upon occasion.

Wait a week or so, then go for it.

Well when you go open ZA and go Preferences under"OverView" Is said " Check for Product Updates Set either "Automatically or Manually" which one should i set? Its just that i thought they will get security updates like Norton. Not product updates. is the same thing?

Edited by NightMaster

I generally click "remind me Later" then specify 14 days.

Then I generally check for updates manually when I'm ready.

Best Regards

I generally click "remind me Later" then specify 14 days.

Then I generally check for updates manually when I'm ready.

Best Regards

Thanks can you answer two questions of mine?

First: I did a online scan of ZA Firewall and only 3 or 4 ports are not Invisible there are close, Im still safe right?

Second: I have ZA Free and I have a 15 days trial for the Pro version, should i take it?

I have been using the Free version for a fair while now and it does the job nicely.

Buy the Pro if you want the extras, your decision.

Are you on dialup or Broardband as your B/B modem normally has a firewall as well

I have been using the Free version for a fair while now and it does the job nicely.

Buy the Pro if you want the extras, your decision.

Are you on dialup or Broardband as your B/B modem normally has a firewall as well

I have Optimum Online from CableVision. I have modem called:

Motorola SURFboard Voice over IP Cable Modem.

Why is there 3 or 4 ports that is Closed instead of in stealth mode in which ZA suppose to do?

You really don't need the Pro version if your like most home users. I have found the pro version is easier to set up for networks but it also has far more options that can can be confusing to a lot of folks.

I need help on this one.

On my trusted zone list there something called:

Name Loopback adapter

Zone Trusted

Entry Type IP Address

IP Address / Site xxxxxxxx

I dont remember putting this on my trusted zone list, if i did i dont remember. Whats Loopback adapter? and should it be in the trusted zone?

I need help on this one.

On my trusted zone list there something called:

Name Loopback adapter

Zone Trusted

Entry Type IP Address

IP Address / Site xxxxxxxx

I dont remember putting this on my trusted zone list, if i did i dont remember. Whats Loopback adapter? and should it be in the trusted zone?

If the loopback address is 127.0.0 then there is no problem as it is querying your computor it is an adblocking function

If the loopback address is 127.0.0 then there is no problem as it is querying your computor it is an adblocking function

Would it be safe to remove it from the trusted list zone and just raise the protection of the trusted zone to high to disallow sharing. Its this important to be on?

There is no requirement to remove the loopback as it is in your trusted IE zone anyway. I would recommend disabling sharing until such time as you need it