Sign in to follow this  
Typhoontom

End Program ccApp

Whenever i shut down my comp, i get a box appear that says "End Program ccApp".

With a progress bar which quickly fills up, then the box dissappears.

I have CCleaner installed. Is that what's causing it?

Is it normal?

You must have a Norton product installed on your computer.

I would run a Full Tests to double check.

hmmm well thanks for the tips.

I updated my norton antivirus to the latest definitions (not norton internet security though, my subscription expired and my mom wont pay for a new one)

What am i vunerable to if i dont update norton internet security, but DO continue to update norton antivirus?

Here is a link that explains that error from Nortons..

ccApp.exe is not responding

Do you have more then one Nortons package on your computer?

You have a recent version of anitivirus but your security package has expired?

I think that even if you have nortons antivirus it will work with a free online firewall....but if you have an expired firewall the rules that are already created for that one may stop or interfere with rules of a new one that's trying to install...

Not sure if I read your post correct.....

You can continue to use your outdated firewall but you wouldn't recieve any of the program updates that would keep you fully protected.

And with new worms and trojans being invented all the time that in my mind wouldnt be safe.

The Nortons antivirus your using.....was installed with Nortons Internet Security?

Edited by Juliet

Here is a link that explains that error from Nortons..

ccApp.exe is not responding

Do you have more then one Nortons package on your computer?

You have a recent version of anitivirus but your security package has expired?

I think that even if you have nortons antivirus it will work with a free online firewall....but if you have an expired firewall the rules that are already created for that one may stop or interfere with rules of a new one that's trying to install...

Not sure if I read your post correct.....

You can continue to use your outdated firewall but you wouldn't recieve any of the program updates that would keep you fully protected.

And with new worms and trojans being invented all the time that in my mind wouldnt be safe.

The Nortons antivirus your using.....was installed with Nortons Internet Security?

well, heres the thing. I had internet security 2004 a while ago. It came with norton antivirus kind of built in. All this was already on my computer when i got it. Then i got norton antivirus 2005. I installed that, and it took over the antivirus part of norton. So now i have a fully working and up to date norton antivirus 2005, and a very out of date norton internet security 2004 running. My mom wont pay for the updates, but as far as im aware, it doesnt matter, because norton antivirus 2005, protects me from worms and trojans and viruses and stuff, the security just blocks out bad sites and helps to stop some other security exploit that arent in the trojan, worm or virus categories.

the "two" programs i have installed (norton AV and IS) work together in harmony. If i click on the norton internet security 2004 icon, it brings up a window, which has both norton internet security 2004, and norton antivirus 2005 on it. It knows that my AV is just the same but more recent.

Well.....just this evening we got updates for trusted site zones....

Your outdated firewall will only protect you with the updates it had up till the time your subscription expired.....

I think in my mind your not fully protected......Certain trojans and worms can still enter.....some through going to a malicious web site....

If it's possible.....why not uninstall all Nortons and just download the Nortons Antivirus 2005 and then install a free online firewall?

There are members here that use free online firewalls and are very happy.

At least that way you could still get firewall rules and be updated and more protected.

I think that if you run and post a pit test then we can see the whole picture.

If you wish to use NAV, I think NIS should be uninstalled (Since it is outdated).

And as I suggested a firewall (Freeware) added, such as Sygate,ZA,etc.

As you know, you can only have one firewall installed.

Actually, adware, spyware &, viruses (Trojans) etc. may not be detected by similar programs so I advocate using a good firewall, AV & more than one anti-malware program. It is also a good idea to do an online scan with such scanners as Trend Micro or other such reputable scanners that are available.

Edited by Juliet

Well.....just this evening we got updates for trusted site zones....

Your outdated firewall will only protect you with the updates it had up till the time your subscription expired.....

I think in my mind your not fully protected......Certain trojans and worms can still enter.....some through going to a malicious web site....

If it's possible.....why not uninstall all Nortons and just download the Nortons Antivirus 2005 and then install a free online firewall?

There are members here that use free online firewalls and are very happy.

At least that way you could still get firewall rules and be updated and more protected.

I think that if you run and post a pit test then we can see the whole picture.

If you wish to use NAV, I think NIS should be uninstalled (Since it is outdated).

And as I suggested a firewall (Freeware) added, such as Sygate,ZA,etc.

As you know, you can only have one firewall installed.

Actually, adware, spyware &, viruses (Trojans) etc. may not be detected by similar programs so I advocate using a good firewall, AV & more than one anti-malware program. It is also a good idea to do an online scan with such scanners as Trend Micro or other such reputable scanners that are available.

Thats a good idea, but norton internet security 2004 (outdated) came with my pc, i dont have it on disk, so if i uninstall it i cant get it back without doing a system resore. Could i just disable norton internet security 2004 permenantly, and use zone alarm?

Thats a good idea, but norton internet security 2004 (outdated) came with my pc, i dont have it on disk, so if i uninstall it i cant get it back without doing a system resore.

Why would you need it back? There are better options.

Didnt you have a cd to download and install 2005?

If you did a download from the web site you can contact symantec for the key code to enter if you uninstall the other program...But you would have to download it again.

I would uninstall all nortons before re-installing the 2005 program again to avoid any program conflicts.

In the icon on the tool bar....right click on the NIS......look for disable firewall.

You can go that route but it will prolly lead to errors.

Didnt you have a cd to download and install 2005?

If you did a download from the web site you can contact symantec for the key code to enter if you uninstall the other program...But you would have to download it again.

I would uninstall all nortons before re-installing the 2005 program again to avoid any program conflicts.

In the icon on the tool bar....right click on the NIS......look for disable firewall.

You can go that route but it will prolly lead to errors.

download? :huh:

the origional norton internet security 2004 was on my comp when i got it. I installed NAV 2005 with a cd, just like you would a game. I didnt download anything. (except updates and stuff)

Then I think your in good shape....

uninstall all of it......then reinstall the 2005 ( the key code should be located on the back of the sleeve the cd came in)......connect to the internet and get all available updates and re-boot.

Then choose which free Firewall.....

Since I use a paid for Firewall I can't suggest which freeware is the best to use....but members here have used several.