Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

takerfan4

System Mechanic Good or Bad?

I have come to trust you guys when it comes to PC matters, so I wanted to get your opinions on something. What are your feelings or opinions on a program known as System Mechanic from iolo Technologies? Is it a good PC tuning program? Or does it cause more problems than it solves? I recently saw the latest version for sale, and wanted to get the gang's opinion. Thanks again for all the great help, you guys are my go-to site for PC help.

it does a pretty good job, in my opinion. However, there's plenty of free tools that do the same job... so if you just have the money to spare, then go for it, but otherwise, it does about the same as Crap Cleaner, Hijack This, and JV16 Power Tools.

When I first got it about 3 months ago it did a pretty good just fixing and everything else I wanted it to do without any trouble>>>>>The only thing that I really dont like about it that after I install it and got the latest update they havent put one out since them.

SystemSuite is about the best all-round utility for the buck in my opinion. Think they are up to version 6.0 now.

:)

Edit: Lordy, I never paid $60 for it; got 4 and 5 at Walmart for $40 each. At $60 I will probably pass on the new version. Actually I don't see anything different in 6 to make an upgrade necessary :P