Change Mode

custem computer for cuzz:)

i dont think he be overclocking because he realy doesint know much about computers he does know how too use them but i meen hardware wize. i got too ask him about the motherboard because he realy like that asrock motherboard. and i got a old one asrock k7vm4 and it runs stong sence i got it 3yrs ago. i just want something soild and have no problems and get maybee some oc out of it. and shouldint that new asrock overclock more than my k7vm4? the k7vm4 overclocks from 1.6ghzs too 2.1ghzs stable. and for the ram again is there ram for the same price? that is better?

ok i gess he will go with that ram. but why you say wd aint good? because i got wd in my 2 machines in my sig with no problems at all and they both all most full and still fast. i even got a 5year old 20gb 7200rpms still runing fast and with no problem.

This ram is slightly more expensive, but probably worth it:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820145450

Also WD drives aren't great, go with two differently branded drives in RAID (Seagate are great)

you say WD drive's are not great yet your sig say's you have them,well anyway

they are very good no problems here and very quiet and reliable.been using for

many year's and not one has failed.but that is just my experience. :)

I had a Seagate before this and when I sent my computer for repair HP changed it for a WD one. My parents wouldn't let me complain so I'm stuck with this until I upgrade!

Companies don't always use one HD manufacturer, and they won't always have the same one available.

My aunt's seagate is a lot louder than my WD drives. You can hear the read/write head moving (without trying).

My WD drive is faster than my seagate also. If i format both, the WD is still a bit faster (1-2 MB/s).

I agree with the people above on the RAM. Also, 2 sticks are usually cheaper, and you can use dual channel.

I would definately think your WD is an exception. Almost everyone here looking for help (non hard drive related) has a WD drive that scores around 52-53mb/s, you rarely see Seagates that don't get 55mb/s, agreed this is not very noticeable in the real world, but, My drive is very inconsistant, and mostly scores under 38mb/s, the same is true of my friends' hard drives!

Archived