Change Mode

verizon dsl modem keeps looseing conection

sometimes problee everyday maybee about 2times or 3. the internet whould stop loading pages and on my westel modem phone line light blinks. than when its lights up solid green it ok again. it seems sence i got the new upgrade 3mb/768 this problem began:( when i had 768/128 it was fine what could be the problem?

The modem maybe a bad one itself and they need to send you a new one>>>>you need to call Verizon and let them check it ok >>they can do it over the phone plus there is a reset button at the back and you have to use a pin or a tooth pick to press it. :crash:

Edited by luluhifi

Make sure you have filters on the other phones and also your fax machine if you have one. Also make sure you use the cord they send you for the phone line to the modem and get rid of the old one which is outdated. :crash:

i never thought of the reset button. think that could be the problem? because when i got the 3mb/768 i didint reset it? by the way heres what the modem looks like http://cgi.ebay.com/Westel-DSL-modem-B90-2...1QQcmdZViewItem i also got a linksys router too but that seems like its working ok

Yes alot of people I know have problems with that model>>I got the 6100 ;)

Yes. Filter all outlets that have a telephone, fax, or satelite TV, or anything else connected to it.

If it is just an outlet with no telephone type appliance connected, you don't need to install a filter, but beware of anyone else randomly starting to use that outlet. When/if they do, a filter will be needed.

so far its working good and staying on. i had this modem for close too 3 years with no problem till the 3mb/768 but 2 of the phone didint have a filter so its problee just that. i think the tech support is pretty decent so far. but ya never know :lol:

I have the same modem and had the same problem until I when into the device manager and enabled flow control in the properties on the network adapter. Haven't had any problems after doing that. Spent hours on the phone with Verizon and got no help. Hope this helps.