Crossfire running on a P5WD2

So I'm guessing you still have an X850xt. Right?

Nope. A volt-modded X800XT. Another brilliant decision that has now reared its head to bite me in the butt. :rolleyes:

So tell me if you think this is going to work....

I get the X850XT Crossfire master card, and I install it in the computer, and I use the Ati Tool to extract a copy of the BIOS, and I flash the X800XT with the X850 BIOS...

So instead of using the X800XL Master card or having the X850XT MC throttle down, disable pipes, or worst case scenario, not work at all, Crossfire should think it's working with two X850's, right? Maybe?? Whatcha think??? :unsure:

Nope.  A volt-modded X800XT. Another brilliant decision that has now reared its head to bite me in the butt.  :rolleyes:

So tell me if you think this is going to work....

I get the X850XT Crossfire master card,  and I install it in the computer,  and I use the Ati Tool to extract a copy of the BIOS, and I flash the X800XT with the X850 BIOS...

So instead of using the X800XL Master card or having the X850XT MC throttle down, disable pipes, or worst case scenario, not work at all, Crossfire should think it's working with two X850's, right?  Maybe??  Whatcha think???    :unsure:

After doing my homework this look like another I_G idea. :mrsgreen:

The X800XT is an R423 core and the X850XT is an R480 core. Looks like my kind of challenge. :rolleyes:

I'm going to have to think about this a little more. :lol:

After doing my homework this look like another I_G idea. :mrsgreen:

The X800XT is an R423 core and the X850XT is an R480 core. Looks like my kind of challenge. :rolleyes:

I'm going to have to think about this a little more. :lol:

I flashed my X800 to a X850 but I got some artifacts.I believe it was because of the different cores.

I have no v-mods either so...that could have been the case aswell

I flashed my X800 to a X850 but I got some artifacts.I believe it was because of the different cores.

I have no v-mods either so...that could have been the case aswell

Thanks!! :beer:

Exactly what I needed to hear! :mrgreen:

Well, just for reference, it seemed to flash OK, but the first time the artifacts were so bad I could hardly see the screen. OneCool had mentioned he had done the flash and also had some artifacts, so I decided to edit the memory timing. The X850 BIOS was at 587, so I brought it down to 560 and reflashed. There were still a few artifacts here and there so I was going to bring it down to 540, but I thought I'd install a driver first and play a bit.

Well, even though it looked and acted like it was installing, this is what I would get after a reboot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And the information is correct, there is no evidence the driver is installed. I've flashed it back to the original BIOS for now while I think about this some more.

Oh well, it was a fun project anyway. :)

I used this BIOS: http://www.mvktech.net/index.php?option=co...r&filecatid=568

I'm guessing it's for the 1.6 memory and I've got 2.0??

Thanks for the link! :tup: I'll give it a shot this evening. :beer:

Hmmmm. I noticed the one I used is only three stars and the one you linked is five. :)

Isnt yours a real X800XTpe?My x800pro has 1.6ns mem...thats wierd  :erm:

Naw. My real X800XT PE was the AGP one I flashed with the PCI-E BIOS. :blushing:

This one is an eBay special that was a pull from a Dell before the PCI-E cards hit the shelves.

I had it volt modded, but I don't remember what memory it had. I guess I could pull off the cooler and look. :rolleyes:

Well, now it sorta thinks it's an X850XT, although it still shows up as an unknown device with an Ati X850 XT name attached in the device manager. :huh:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=QQGPNWHCE3CSF1WU

However, it scored almost 4000 points higher as an X800XT. Could be the driver. I didn't have enough time to play with drivers.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=4345386

I don't think it's worth the price of a master card to continue this project. :(