Change Mode

Microsoft Money 2006

xtreme__boi

Is anyone farmiliar with this program? I have been using M$ Money 2003 for about 12 months, and have been using M$ Money Deluxe 2006 since yesterday. But I need to ask a simple question...

At this moment in time I have got a load of transactions listed in my accounts. Some of these transaction go back as far as Sept/Oct 2004. I am wondering can these be deleted after a certain amount of time, like expire? Only because I don't want a huge pile of transaction listed. I ideally only want the transactions for the last 6 months showing.

So the 1st thing I thought of was the delete the transaction I no longer require, but then the balance on the account changes. For example if I delete a transaction which was for a withdrawal of £75.00, dated 6 months ago - then my balance on that account will increase by £75.00. But I don't want the balance on the account to change, I simply want to delete older transactions. I hope you can understand what I am trying to get at.

Can anyone help?

Edited by cutehomoboi

Yes I use that program and I never worked that out either.

I just go ahead with all my deletions and then make the latest entry Adjust Balance Deposit $xxxx(whatever has been deleted).

Does that make sense?

Or you could make the earliest entry Deleted Transactions $xxxx

Edited by Andrew S.

Yes I use that program and I never worked that out either.

I just go ahead with all my deletions and then make the latest entry Adjust Balance Deposit $xxxx(whatever has been deleted).

Does that make sense?

Or you could make the earliest entry Deleted Transactions $xxxx

That does make perfect sense infact. That is something I will keep in mind for the time being. But will see if I can get any other help, in the meantime.

:tup:

Ok, this is another problem that I have got.

I never, ever update my M$ Money with my bank. Only reason being is that I don't like the look of the layout, when the info on the transactions have been imported from my Bank to M$ Money.

For example if M A Example paid me £75.00 for an item I sold on eBay, then I will input his name as the payee on M$ Money. I then fill out a paying in slip for the cheque, and deposit it into my bank. I will then later check my bank with my on-line banking, and can see that the cheque has been paid into my account. But it doesn't show the name of M A Example as the payee, instead it will show the number of the paying in slip i.e: 00001, 00002, 00003 and so on.

So as I was saying, if I then later import the info from my bank, to my M$ Money AFTER I inputted M A Example as the payee on M$ Money, then the bank info wouldn't really tally up. Because it will show i.e 00001 as the payee of £75.00. Plus I have got alot of transactions going in and out my Current & savings account. So that is why I never import my transactions from my Bank, and download them to my M$ Money.

But I am still reading the info on M$ to see if i can find an answer to my original question.

:tup:

You may need to lash out on Quick books to do what you you want. Money is a great program for share and stock transactions but leaves a lot to be desired in everyday banking recording.

Sorry, but didn't understand what you said in the bold text?

:erm:

Still can't find what I am looking for. Been browsing most of the day.

How about writing down the balance of an account on the most distant date in the past that you want, and then enter it in account details/opening balance. Then delete all the prior transactions. So the new "opening balance" is really the balance from 6 months ago with all subsequent transactions following. I don't think you can make transactions expire and delete by themselves. I'm still using MS Money 2002 for every penny of every kind of transaction I make (OK except for a balancing item of roughly $10 per month for stuff I miss or forget).

How about writing down the balance of an account on the most distant date in the past that you want, and then enter it in account details/opening balance. Then delete all the prior transactions. So the new "opening balance" is really the balance from 6 months ago with all subsequent transactions following.

That sound's like a great idea. I will have a lil play about with M$ Money later, to see if I can get that to work. I will be a bit wary tho, because I don't want to mess up the balance on my account(s). If I do that, then I will be screwed :yikes:

:tup: for the suggestion tho.

Sorry, maybe I should have put this one first.

You can call them or submit a support ticket and ask these questions free for three years with your edition. It's funny how this information is hard to find, sometimes.

Yeh, I will agree to that. But thanks for the help sweetie. ;)

Edited by cutehomoboi