Change Mode

I got alittle bored today...So I..

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was said earlier in this thread that the cpu die is sealed to the silicon with epoxy.

besides, ALL cpu's are submerged in cleaner to clean off any extra flux before they're packaged. just learned that this week on how it's made, LOL

EDIT>> oh, and i was able to pickup the 250-500 wet/dry and some metal polish 'Brasso' at WalMart!

Edited by wdeydwondrer

Well I'm just weary cus you always see people lap swiftech blocks and unless you have a professional machine you are only going to make a swifty block worse.

ya, I know for a fact mine is perfectly flat with no scratches, so I only did the CPU.

What makes me curious is why They put logos on the CPU itself. If you get like a q-tip or ear cleaning thing and rub on the name, you can feel how tall those words are really printed. Not good

well, i know my af64pro needs it. it's still machine swirled w/ no mirror. plus i could use a tad bit of height reduction between the cpu and sink. i think i got a part that is just slightly out of spec considering it's damn near impossible to get the handle to actually lock on the socket.

should be doing it tomorow if i can actually get myself outta bed, LOOL

got it done!!! the A64 freezer pro was horrible. it had machine grooves straight across it, took 2 quarter sheets of 250 to get them out!

the cpu was a bugger too. there's so much damn grey paint or whatever it is, geesh.

anyways, got them both to a mirror finish and put my new heatsink retention bracket on and used artic siler 5, now i'm idling at about 35 and load both cores is about 44c

can't wait to see set in temps on this stuff, then it'll be more o/c for my little 3600 x2. see i can't get 3 gigs out of her.

got it done!!! the A64 freezer pro was horrible. it had machine grooves straight across it, took 2 quarter sheets of 250 to get them out!

the cpu was a bugger too. there's so much damn grey paint or whatever it is, geesh.

anyways, got them both to a mirror finish and put my new heatsink retention bracket on and used artic siler 5, now i'm idling at about 35 and load both cores is about 44c

can't wait to see set in temps on this stuff, then it'll be more o/c for my little 3600 x2. see i can't get 3 gigs out of her.

Great! Glad ya' got 'er done and are satisfied with it.....now then, to another matter......

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showtopic=152532

could sure use some help......!

:geezer: