Change Mode

Anyone here Watercooling? If so toss out some tip

I will be ordering some WC equipment next week, and I have read up on it thoroughly over the past few years and am finally going to make the plunge.

I was wonderring if anyone had any tips or tricks that helped them along the way that they wouldn't mind throwing out.

I am going with a Dangerden TDX block, Black Ice Pro 120mm rad, DD-D5 pump, on a closed loop system.

Going to put it all in a Lian Li PC-6077 case. With this to put the Radiator in

http://www.silverpcs.com/c=Fib3RUnVuC03Bxy...CA_LIANLI_EX34B

will get all 1/2" barbs and 3/8" tubing, been advised by a few folks that it ends up neater less cluter, and no hose clamps are needed, and well since the ID of the barbs is 3/8" no performance loss.

Just wonderring if anyone here wanted to throw out some advice, as I know many are interested in this, but are a touch scared...myself included.

Thanks and have a great one.

i to am taking the plung. when it shows up, been on order for 3wks, i'm going to try the newest version of the zalman reserator. i picked this one because it is supposed to be the quietest out there.

i'm getting the NB and GPU water blocks as well as the cpu. the radiator is external to the case. i cant help but think if things start to get to hot why not use ice pack to cool the radiator.

my 2 cents as a first time water worker

magog, great to see ya' posting here again!! :mrgreen:

I have not taken "the plunge" yet but soon will when I drum up some spare cash, in the meantime, there is a "young" man here called *beast USA* that is a mod on one of our *brother* forums and he has lots of info here at Beasts Extreme Water Cooling.

You'll also find that he has lots of other valuable info there in that section. I know alot of guys, some here now, some come and gone have used the Danger Den blocks and been disappointed with the lapping on them. It seems they had lots of trouble with leaks. Seems to me a majority of "watercoolers" going with the Swiftech waterblocks.....;)

Luck to ya', and don't be such a stranger... B)

Hi Magog,

I'm about to take the "plunge" myself. I've been doing lots and lots of reading as well as asking around on forums to clear up remaining questions. From what I've learned, 7/16" or 1/2" will give noticably better water flow than 3/8" and thus lower temps. I believe the pump, rad, and block you chose should have the option for 1/2" barbs.

Also, I read that clamps should not be neglected if you really want to insure no leaks.

Have you checked out these guides? I found them very helpful . . .

http://xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=75873

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=71321

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=356038

I like the koolance since that is what I use for my video cards. It is nice and neat and looks good. You could probably make a better Danger Den unit for less and it would cool better but you would have to custom mount it.

Gryph

Holy crap! Magog!! I missed you!!

Yeah haven't had the time as of late to hop in here, or mess with my PC. Thinking of going with a new case...Love my PC-31 but it is too small to cool silently. and should be getting a huge pay check so eh why not. How have you been? Did you graduate yet?

Yeah haven't had the time as of late to hop in here, or mess with my PC. Thinking of going with a new case...Love my PC-31 but it is too small to cool silently. and should be getting a huge pay check so eh why not. How have you been? Did you graduate yet?

Yep! I'm attending Brigham Young University in Utah this January. I can't wait!