Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

moon

'Fresh' products question.

Are there any known security issues with the 'Fresh' range of softwares, e.g. Fresh View, Fresh UI etc. ?

Are there any known security issues with the 'Fresh' range of softwares, e.g. Fresh View, Fresh UI etc. ?

Hi Moon,

At one time, Fresh Devices were considered full of spyware. According to what I have found out, Fresh Devices changed ownership & the new owners stopped the spyware.

I have been using their products for some time now, with no problems. I use Fresh UI, Fresh Diagnose, Fresh View & have used Fresh Download when I was on dialup.

Hope this helps some. :mrgreen:

Regards,

Hawk :beer:

I was looking for benchmarking applications the other day and ran into Fresh Diagnose. I was going to try it but I could find very little info on it.

This bothers me-

Unlike other similar utilities, this software is 100% free, no banners, no spyware.

On one hand, I guess that it is a good claim to have but on the other, I thought it could be a trick.

I was looking for benchmarking applications the other day and ran into Fresh Diagnose.

Hey Faith, if it is benchmarking you are interested in, have a look HERE.

Fresh Diagnose is a good program BTW. :mrgreen:

Regards,

Hawk :beer:

At one point someone made the claim that Fresh Devices' software contained spyware, and the rumour spread. But I have been using Fresh Devices' software for several years now (Fresh UI, Fresh Diagnose, Fresh Download), and it's NEVER contained spyware, adware, or malware of any kind. The nice thing about Fresh Device's software is that they have always claimed their applications are spyware and adware free. They have never given me a reason to think otherwise... ;) -kd5-