Sign in to follow this  
Champion_Munch

Advanced WindowsCare

Faith mentioned this program in this thread.

Download from here. :)

Faith seems to think it does a good job. I haven't run it yet though because it doesn't go into much detail about what changes it makes to optimize your computer, and I only have one computer. :P

Just wondering what everyone else thinks about this. :)

with regards

I tried it and it said it fixed 18 problems.

The only thing I have noticed is it rearranged and resized my desktop icons. :blank:

I tried it and it said it fixed 18 problems.

The only thing I have noticed is it rearranged and resized my desktop icons. :blank:

O yes It fix 52 on one and on the other it fix 42 problem and after it fix and you reboot go back to it and run it again to make the system go on the fly as it say and to me it has done just that :lol: pretty neat tool ;)

Well written and does clean up Java pu pu. Thank you Faith and Champ

This one's a keeper. http://www.iobit.com/WindowsCare.htm

Ran the puppy regular and then on reboot, went to Safe Mode (As the computer is rebooting, tap on the F8 key repeatedly. This will bring up a Boot Menu with several options. Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to highlight Safe Mode and then hit the enter key.)

Ran it again. Nice little freebe'

:)Y

Actually, I found it here (had to search for the thread again)-

http://pcpitstop.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=101226

DTyIzael used it and gave us a link. :)

i ran Advanced WindowsCare and hit analyze, it detected a kernel problem (among a few other things) and it fixed them for me. I also had it optimize my computer too.

Check it out:

Advanced WindowsCare

Honestly, I didn't know that there were problems with DK Lite.

I was just trying to see if anyone else has tried this. I haven't noticed any problems arising from using it but I could be wrong.

Hi faith just run this says it's fixed 52 problems only thing i've noticed is it re-arranged my desktop shortcuts,no problems noticed at the moment,ran pit test and no problems there.......

Maybe I just noticed it being faster because I was having excessive fragmentation before and it fixed whatever was causing it.

I wish they had a log to say what was actually fixed, I'm a big "why" person.

Thanks for the comments and CM thanks for starting the thread.

:lol: took a lep of faith michele wow what a differnce it would not let me online at first msn said security center was off in services turned it to automatic and got online my computer has got faster the type on the screen looks different starts faster off faster pitstop test score went up thank you so very much

This looks interesting... looking at some of the people here who think it's OK, I'm going to give it a whirl. I'll post back with any noticable changes.

Edit: I just ran this - fixed 51 problems. I only 'asked' it to 'repair', rather than 'repair and optimize'. Just before I installed it, a window appeared and told me my Windows Visual Basic files were out of date. Is that normal?

Anyway, it re-arranged my icons, but other than that, all is working.

Second edit: Oh yes, this is top stuff; it has speeded things up and it seems...smoother. Ran my monthly Pit test and all is well. It's also fixed Outlook Express: for the last week or so, O.E. has been taking up to 30 seconds to open - no idea why. This has fixed it. Brilliant.

Thanks to Faith and Munch for bringing this to my attention. :) :)

Everybody who uses Windows should use this.

Edited by SuicideToast

Seems to be a good program.

Fixed 30 errors but did not optimize on my P4 3.0, 1 GB desktop.

Found 49 errors and optimized on my old 2.0 ghz Celeron/256 MB RAM laptop and noticed a performance boost.

Everybody who uses Windows should use this.

System Requirements

Operating Systems

Windows 2000

Windows XP (Recommended

It fixed 39 things on mine. But its "repair" of font smoothing made it look worse and I changed back to Clear Type with font smoothing.

It changed my Page File (swap file) size from 382MB to 1793MB. That seemed a drastic change given I've never received advice or warnings about needing a bigger page file. I have 256MB of RAM on my laptop P4 XP with 1.6GH. Nothing strange going on so far so I'll leave it for now. I made a restore point just before I ran this program.

Like the other posters, it rearranged my desktop icons so I had to move them back. I put back the shadows under the mouse pointer and the menus as I like the look better.

I agree with faith_michele. I'd have liked to know exactly what changes it was going to make instead of the generalized areas. I noticed it telling me (very quickly) the exact changes it was making when it actually was doing the changes/repairs. Or as faith said, a log saying exactly what it did.

I'm pretty sure this is my highest score yet.

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=N4MVNW6RW1CSV89U

I haven't defragmented after uninstalling AVG and reinstalling CA EZ Antivirus. AVG was not updating for me and I even tried a manual update. I stil had that CA free year trial but do not know if I will stay with them or switch back to Avast. I liked Avast but didn't like that it was hard to track down removal procedures with them.

Just trying different things. :)

Tried it.

Had 52 "problems". Fixed them without optimize. Ran another check - 6 problems remaining. Ignored those. No rearranging of desktop icons.

Ran a PcPitstop test. My score actually came down a few points from last check some months ago. Could be a temporary glitch with my server - but - I do have a strong feeling my system (W2K) is running smoother now, so that´s good.

I would like to see more of you gals and guys checking this feature out. Seems to be an easy fix for us, the ignoramamus lot.

:)

Just used on P4 1.8ghz and XP Pro no problems. Also had the warn about visual basic being outdated.

Got it up and running again, I was even thinking of re-installing AWC to see what I did wrong. It is a little light on details(as discussed in this thread) I would just like to know. (now though the computer seems a little sluggish at the start up.)

42 problems found on mine this morning.

EDIT: Just restarted my Notebook, and all the desktop icons were re-arranged :angry: Anyhow I ran the program again and it found 8 problems, so I optimized the system. Plus it seems that my Notebook is running a bit better, maybe beginners luck? :mrgreen: Will see how things run over the next few days.

:tup:

Edited by cutehomoboi

Actually, I found it here (had to search for the thread again)-

http://pcpitstop.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=101226

TyIzael used it and gave us a link. :)

Honestly, I didn't know that there were problems with DK Lite.

I was just trying to see if anyone else has tried this. I haven't noticed any problems arising from using it but I could be wrong.

i found it first mwahahaha. :rofl2:

Thank you download.com :wub:

Tried it and it found 52 problems.... went for repair only (no optimize)...

I'm afraid I will join the small number of loathers of this program... When I went for reboot after repair, my pc wouldn't let me log in, as it defaulted to the blue screen telling me to disable memory caching and shadowing (i think) in the BIOS...

I couldn't for the life of me get round this... 'safe mode with networking' eventually let me get in and restore my system (after about an hour of trying)...

I am now back okey dokey but thought I was heading for a re-install :rolleyes:

I would strongly suggest that you make a restore point before using this piece of s......oftware

To all those who found it great then good on ya ... but to others I would say that on the occasions this does mess up.... boy does it mess up!

Just be careful out there folks, I can vouch for the few dissenters that this can cause nuisance value :geezer:

Well I did create a restore point before I D/L'ed this program and ran it. But had to leave for work soon after. So when I get home from work later, and start the notebook up, hopefully there shouldn't be any problems. As my Notebook has been running sweet as a nut for about 12 months. Will need to reformat soon tho, just to start afresh :tup:

i found it first mwahahaha. :rofl2:

Thank you download.com :wub:

Thanks. :)

I wonder if it has something to do with the OS.

Did anyone find out anymore info on this application?