Sign in to follow this  
Agent Smith

XFX 6600GT flash GONE WRONG! Please read!

OK, I DLed a revision of my BIOS from MKVtech which included the modified hex for my temp monitor to be turned on. Well......AHHHHH, I flashed it, and absolutely no screen, so that was a failure. Luckily I was able to get another copy of the revision 3 BIOS and I flashed it back (with no video mind you......not too bad, just remember the commands....) Anyways, YAY!, I am greated with video once again... the problem is this..... when windows starts I get a message saying that I do not have sufficient power...... So obviously I still have not placed the right BIOS on the card, only one that semi-works. There is ONE tech support person at XFX and he's a total :filtered:. He said he couldn't tell me what the BIOS version I was supposed to have is, and I don't know what to do. XFX shuns you if you try to modify I guess. Anyways, if ANYBODY knows the BIOS, or of a BIOS that WILL work properly, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!! All you gotta do if YOU have one of these XFX 6600GT AGP revision 2's (silver HSF) is right click desktop, go to NVIDIA control panel and the first page should say your BIOS version. My core is clocked at 100MHz because of this disaster. I tried to back up my BIOS when I first did the flash, and it said it had saved the file, but I checked the rom file it saved and there was no code in it so somehow the backup was a failure and thats why I am in the this predicament. Now I am left to wonder the internet aimlessly until I can find a working BIOS...... THANKS GUYS!!!

if you look on the back of the card there should be a little sticker which tells you the bios version it had to begin with. the temp trick doesnt work on all cards and you should have been told that from the start.

There are stickers for model number, s/n, so on and so forth, and some other number that look to be related to power and all that jazz, but nothing about the BIOS. Also, just in case, my card is PV-T43A-NDF7...... hopefully, evintually someone will come along that has this card... I know a ton have been sold..... Also, if anybody does have this car, and can save their BIOS for me, my email is [email protected], thanks again everyone!!!

my sons have a xfx6600gt (agp) in thier computer. the sticker says: PV-143A-NDF7 VA.1

don't know if that helps, but the bios on the nvidia control panel says: video bios version: 5.43.02.39

if i knew how to save the bios for you ....i would. unfortunately, i have no clue.

btw...this card has a picture on the heatsink. it is not one with a silver hs.

looks like this:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5968/img9...6gtthumb3ad.jpg

Edited by JackeL

What a bad situation I'm in..... I wish the backup file would of worked, because, even after trying the BIOS files on mvktech FOR the XFX card, it still doesn't work properly. All 4 revisions are a failure. I have managed to find a BIOS that will let my core clock to 299 for 2d, but I still get the power warning, and my clocks are now 299/501. This really sucks. I talked to XFX again and I was told the original BIOS can be emailed to me, but I have delt with them before and never gotten responces, so for now, I am in the dark. I really appriciate everyone's help with this. I have learned a very valuable lesson from all of this hardship.... In the mean time, if anyone does happen to have the 6600gt agp with the model numer PV-T-43A-NDF7, please let me know... you can save your bios supposedly by using the nvflash utility and using the command: nvflash -b bios.rom, it will then make a copy of your BIOS available on your floppy, or so they say. It did make a file for me, it just didn't have any info in it. Thanks again guys, I will post an update if I make an progress!

my sons have a xfx6600gt (agp) in thier computer.  the sticker says: PV-143A-NDF7 VA.1

don't know if that helps,  but the bios on the nvidia control panel says: video bios version: 5.43.02.39

if i knew how to save the bios for you ....i would.  unfortunately,  i have no clue.

btw...this card has a picture on the heatsink.  it is not one with a silver hs.

looks like this:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5968/img9...6gtthumb3ad.jpg

The latest version of AtiTool can save a copy of an nVidia BIOS.

http://www.mvktech.net/downloads/ATITool.v0.0.25b7.exe

Settings>Miscellaneous>Dump BIOS

Well, I got kick :filtered: news. I flashed the card to a BFG BIOS and it works rock solid plus, it even overclocks a little better on the core, I also got the temp monitor mod to work on this BIOS and I am running 594/1.2 with idle temps @ 52c and max load I have seen is 61c with rthdribl running for 15 minutes. Keep in mind I have modified my card by putting a socket A cooler and 80mm fan on it. Thanks guys, peace out!