System speaker beeping.

There is a beeping noise coming from the system speaker. What on earth could this be. It happens randomly, and once it starts it doesnt stop till you turn off the computer. Its 1 set of 4 beeps with at least 2 seconds in between the sets.

Interesting I might have to say....

Any suggestions?

Beep codes can occur after the OS has loaded? I am only aware of POST BEEP codes the occur at start-up.

Hmm, what kind of motherboard. Ill have to take a look really quick. I was thinking about reseating the processor and memory. (You never know).

Its an older computer that my brother uses, otherwise I would know the make of the motherboard.

Ive just never encountered anything like this before. It doesnt bug me, its just interesting.

But the computer works, right?

Could be it is telling you that it needs a new motherboard battery (happened to me recently). Mine sounded like chirping, kind of like the sound smoke dectectors make when they need a new battery. Mine is a Intel board.

If your computer plays random music that is a different story.

:lol:

:)

Edited by flyfishingrules2

Try going into the control panel/sounds/ listen to the ones for alarms mostly, low battery, etc., and see if you find a duplicate sound. Not sure if there are any constant beep ones in there, but worth a try. Have you noticed any change in dae/time function in your systray?

But the computer works, right?

Could be it is telling you that it needs a new motherboard battery (happened to me recently). Mine sounded like chirping, kind of like the sound smoke dectectors make when they need a new battery. Mine is a Intel board.

If your computer plays random music that is a different story.

:lol:

ahaha thats funny. as far executioners problem...does it load windows at all (i might have missed something in the previous posts)? if it does then i would say its windows doing something. have you got a clock program or something running in windows?that could be outputting through pc speaker. unlikely but just a suggestion.

Did you replace the motherboard battery? If yes, and it is still chirping:

Some weather programs chirp for alerts too--WeatherBug is the one I am thinking of. Spyware invested, in my opinion. Remove and use WeatherPulse.

Just found this on the Tyan mobo web site.....Here

What are those FUNNY SOUNDS coming from my 1590 motherboard?

If you are experiencing a "musical" (3-4) tone beep coming from the case speaker, this is the "CPU Warning Temperature" basically telling you the CPU or the inside of the computer case is getting warm. Nothing to be worried about, but rather to inform you. You can simply increase the thermal degree's in the BIOS under the Chipset Feature Setup menu so the CPU sensor on-board doesn't trip so easily and set the alarm off. Or you can disable it all together in the BIOS under the Chipset Feature Setup menu.

Found it under Products FAQs

Hope it helps.

Edited by Rmc

If it is getting warm/hot, it might be that it needs a cleaning to get all the dust out with a can of compressed air. Make sure you hold the CPU fan with a straw or your finger or something so it does not spin when you use the air.

Edited by flyfishingrules2

Excellent. Thats it. The warning temp was set so close to the actual temperature that it didnt allow room for some varying. I increased it a little and everything seems to be okay so far. Thanks guys. I like this board. I have my AAS Degree in Computer Tech. and im A+ and Fiber Optic certified but there are just somethings that you dont learn in school.

Ill be around.

Thanks

Ogame.org = fun text based game :-). (If your into that sort of thing)

Peace

You're Welcome, Glad it helped.

Stick around Executioner, It's always nice to have an A+ to bounce questions off of.

Check out the other Forums (i.e. Case Mods and Overclocking ) there's alot of knowledge here at The Pit.

Edited by Rmc
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey im back. Yeah so I increased the Warning Temperature and it seems that the cpu is reaching some pretty high temps. It was set at 60C, then I changed it to 70C. The issue seemed to disappear for a while until all of a sudden beep beep beep.

Hmmm, the CPU shouldnt be running that high should it? Its and AMD K6 400MHz. The BIOS information reports that the fan is going at 5000RPMs. I sit there and watch it for a few minutes and the CPU temp slowly increases.

So I guess my question is: Is this normal operating temperature. It likes to run in the 60s. If it is normal, then maybe I should just increase the warning temp. once again. But I dont think thats a good idea.

I checked my P4 system and my P4 runs at 47C. Thats why im a little worried about my little AMD guy.

Any suggestions?

Stick around Executioner, It's always nice to have an A+ to bounce questions off of.

Ill try to keep up, but this board is incredibly active. I play an online game where I must participate in message board discussions, so im already pretty busy with a few of those boards.

Edited by Executioner